Phonetics

The Truth in Acting

"Ebary day, ebary nait, feel like a foo-....foo...aish!"

 
Mark had just arrived at the dorm from filming when he found a certain raven-haired boy sitting on the couch with a laptop beside him.
 
"Jinyoung?" The older tentatively asked, noticing the vocalist's frustration.
 
When the younger turned his head, his annoyed expression softened. "Ah, sorry hyung...I was just practicing my English part for If You Do." Got7 was scheduled to record their new album later that week, but for some reason Jinyoung kept having trouble with his lines that were in English.
 
Without wanting to admit it, Mark found it irresistibly cute.
 
"I take it you're having trouble?" The rapper laughed softly, glancing at the laptop beside Jinyoung to see an English pronunciation website pulled up on the screen. The younger nodded regretfully, feeling slightly embarrassed that he still couldn't get this one part right. "I understand, this line is kinda like a tongue-twister," Mark said, referring to the line that said 'feel like a fool.' All those consonants together was hard for any native Korean to pronounce. Mark took the opportunity to move the laptop aside and sit next to the younger. "Let me help." 
 
The blonde still felt butterflies when he was close to Jinyoung, but the younger had been helping him so much with his acting that he felt obligated to repay him in some way.
 
"Hyung, you really don't have to-" Jinyoung started but the older quickly cut him off.
 
"I want to." He smiled at the vocalist softly. "You've helped me a lot with acting, and I'm free right now anyway."
 
Jinyoung hesitated for a moment before an eye creasing smile graced his face. 
 
"Repeat after me. E-vuh-ri deh-ee." The elder began phonetically.
 
"E-buh-ri deh-ee."
 
"E-vuh-ri," The blonde repeated.
 
"E-vuh-ri deh-ee."
 
Mark smiled and continued, "E-vuh-ri nah-eet."
 
"E-vuh-ri nah-eet."
 
"Feel like a fool," the rapper took this one a little more slowly. Jinyoung, however, still scrunched up his face a bit when he tried to repeat the words back to him.
 
"Fee- feel like a foo.."
 
Mark couldn't hold back his high-pitched giggle any longer. "Here, watch my lips." He exaggerated each consonant this time; "Feel. Like. A. Fool."
 
Jinyoung eyed his hyung's lips, a little uncertain. "Feel. Like. A. F..."
 
"...fool," Mark repeated, trying to help.
 
The younger, however, stopped trying to pronounce the sentence. Instead, he continued to stare at Mark's lips.
 
The atmosphere suddenly became tense. Was the room getting warmer?
 
Mark noticed his heartbeat accelerate. Why was Jinyoung still looking at his lips like that? The rapper wouldn't be able to control himself if he kept staring.
 
"J-Jinyoung..."
 
"We're back from the grocery store!" Jackson's voice echoed through the quiet dorm as he and the rest of the members filed through the door. The two sitting on the couch started and quickly moved away from each other. Both had hues of red coloring their cheeks, but neither would admit it.
 
"What have you two been up to?" Yugyeom asked innocently, placing some groceries down on the counter before heading to the living room.
 
"I-I was just helping Jinyoung with some of his English parts for If You Do." Mark quickly answered, earning a suspicious glance from the maknae.
 
"Thanks for helping him out, hyung." Jaebum gave Mark a pat on his shoulder. As the leader, his duty was to lend a helping hand to his fellow members who were struggling. Since Jaebum had virtually no knowledge about English pronunciation, however, he was glad Mark took the initiative to help.
 
"Yeah, th-thanks hyung." Jinyoung gave a half-hearted smile, his gaze refusing to meet Mark's. "Um, I'm gonna get in the shower." 
 
"Wait hyung, we just bought dinner." Youngjae held up the box of fried chicken he was currently carrying.
 
"I'm not very hungry." And with that, the vocalist had quickly left the room.
 
Mark watched the younger leave the room, slightly confused. Jinyoung was never one to turn down meals, especially when it was fried chicken.
 
But why had he stared at his lips the way he did before? Just thinking about it made his stomach churn with nervousness. "I'm not very hungry either." The blonde said, the knot in his stomach being pulled too tight to even think about eating. Mark quickly headed to his room as well, leaving the other members confused in the living room.
 
Once he was alone in the safety of his bedroom, the blonde ran a finger along his bottom lip.
 
It seemed like he wanted to kiss me.
 
Mark quickly dismissed the thought. There was no possible way Jinyoung returned his feelings.
 
Was there?
 
---
 
A/n: ok once again, I'm really really sorry about the late update. I hope you guys can understand!!