Cute Concern

The Truth in Acting

Mark caught himself glaring across the room. Jackson had his arms tightly wrapped around Jinyoung's waist, and the younger didn't seem to care in the slightest. In fact, Jinyoung and Jackson had been especially close all night.

 
No, Mark didn't like it one bit.
 
Jinyoung was known as the mom of the group, so obviously that meant he would be close to all the members, but Mark still felt a knot in the bottom of his stomach when the black-haired male was touchy with the others. He knew he was being selfish; Jinyoung didn't belong to him. He didn't belong to anyone. Even so, Mark couldn't help the automatic glare from finding itself to his face.
 
Woah, now that was too close.
 
Jackson had moved his hands from their positions on Jinyoung's hips up to his shoulders, where he spun the younger around and pretended to kiss him. The other members laughed, along with the woman who was currently interviewing them. Mark's face remained stoic for a few seconds longer before he displayed a halfhearted smile. Jinyoung made a cutely embarrassed face and laughed as well, causing the knot to be pulled tighter in the blonde's stomach.
 
At one point of the interview, Jinyoung had somehow found his way beside Mark. Instinctively, the younger wrapped an arm around Mark's shoulder, causing a fluttery feeling to erupt inside him. This isn't good... But then he remembered that Jinyoung's skinship didn't mean anything more than a friendly bond, pulling down his mood once again.
 
"You ok?" Mark heard a soft whisper beside him and he turned his head, slightly startled, to the male who had asked.
 
"Oh, y-yeah I'm fine."
 
Jinyoung didn't seem satisfied with his answer, but he turned back to face the interviewer anyway. His arm, however, tightened slightly around his shoulders. Mark tried his best to hold down a blush, but he was almost positive some color made it to his ears anyway.
 
Stupid Jinyoung, why are you making this so hard for me?
 
---
 
"Mark hyung!" The blond spun his head in the direction that the voice had come from as he walked out of the restroom. His heart clenched slightly when he found the voice's source to be Jinyoung, but the knot soon returned when he saw Jackson clinging to the younger boy's side as they made their way to him.
 
"Markipoo, we're all gonna catch a bite to eat at that really good restaurant we like once the filming for this interview is over. What do you say?" Jackson questioned as he wrapped an arm around his roommate's shoulders.
 
"I have filming for my drama after this." The older said, stealing a brief glance at Jinyoung before quickly averting his gaze.
 
"Oh, I totally forgot." Jinyoung frowned, recalling Mark mentioning something about his filming earlier that day. "In that case, I'll tell the others that we should do it another ti-"
 
"N-no!" Mark sputtered before Jinyoung could finish. The raven-haired boy looked slightly confused. "I-I mean, you guys can go without me. I don't mind." He smiled slightly, still not looking at the younger directly in the eye.
 
"Are you sure?" Jinyoung asked, a cute pout subconsciously forming on his lips that made Mark's insides churn.
 
"I'm sure."
 
"Alrighhhht!" Jackson squeaked with excitement, shaking Mark slightly. "Thanks man!"
 
"Yeah..we should get back to the interview. They're probably waiting for us." Mark wiggled his way out of Jackson's grip and took one final glance at Jinyoung before heading back. The vocalist still looked unconvinced, but he didn't say anything.
 
---
 
"Cut!"
 
Mark cringed slightly and stopped what he was doing.
 
"Mark, you need to be a little more sincere. You're in love with this girl, now act like it. Convince me, got it?" 
 
"Got it, I'm sorry!" The blonde nodded toward the director, biting his lip nervously.
 
"Alright, let's take 10 everyone."
 
Mark let out a sigh, turning his gaze back to his scene partner and scratching the back of his neck awkwardly "Sorry I keep messing up. I'm just...not used to this sort of thing."
 
The girl smiled, shaking her head. "Don't worry about it, I understand! You're doing fine."
 
The rapper smiled and thanked her before she was pulled away to fix her makeup. Mark let out another sigh and made his way to a cooler. Just as he was reaching for a bottle of water, he felt a finger tap his shoulder. Fearing it was his director coming to scold him, Mark tentatively turned his head. He couldn't have been more wrong.
 
"Hi!" Jinyoung smiled, his skin crinkling around his eyes in such an adorable way that Mark was completely at a loss for words. The younger chuckled softly at Mark's surprised expression, tilting his head a bit. "Earth to Mark hyung?"
 
"W-what are you doing here?" The blonde finally stuttered, hoping his face didn't look as warm as it felt.
 
Jinyoung lifted his hand that was holding a brown paper bag. "I brought you some food from the restaurant we went to. I figured you'd be hungry. I also felt a little bad about going without you.."
 
Mark couldn't hold back his smile, taking the bag from the younger's hand. "Thanks Jinyoungie." He said warmly and the vocalist returned his smile.
 
"How's filming going?" The younger asked, glancing around the room.
 
"Oh...it's ok I guess.." Mark bit his lip, then looked into the bag Jinyoung had given him.
 
"Do you think I could stay here and watch a little? Would the director let me do that?" The black-haired male asked.
 
"Uhh," Mark gulped. He didn't really feel comfortable having his crush watch him struggle while attempting to act out a romantic scene. "I'm not sure... But it's late, you should just go back to the dorm and rest."
 
Jinyoung frowned slightly. "I was hoping I'd be able to come and watch you film one of these days."
 
Mark tried to stop a smile from appearing on his face. "Maybe next time?" Hopefully 'next time' he wouldn't be filming a romantic scene.
 
"Hmph, fine..." Jinyoung pouted cutely and Mark felt his heart pound in his chest. Without even noticing, the older brought a hand up and pinched the vocalist's cheek, smiling.
 
"Hey!" Jinyoung frowned more, but Mark could tell it was in a playful way. The rapper laughed with a high-pitch, causing Jinyoung to join in and ruffle his hyung's hair.
 
Mark's eyes widened jokingly as he suppressed a blush. "Hey, now I'm gonna need to get my hair redone. You better apologize to the director." Jinyoung just laughed in response and Mark soon joined in.
 
"Mark!"
 
The two bandmates heard a voice from a few meters away. The older recognized the voice immediately.
 
"That's my director. I think my break time is over." Mark said, glancing toward the source of the voice.
 
"Oh, okay. I'll see you back in the dorm then?"
 
"I might be back late. You don't have to wait up." Mark reassured, smiling warmly at the younger.
 
"Okay..but don't come back too late. You've been overworking yourself lately." Jinyoung frowned again and Mark felt his face warm up at the vocalist's concern.
 
"I-I won't."
 
"Good." Jinyoung flashed a prize-winning smile and waved at the rapper. "Good luck! Enjoy that food!" Mark nodded and waved and the younger was gone.
 
And Mark had only fallen harder.
 
---
 
A/n: OMG OK SO IM REALLY SORRY ABOUT NOT UPDATING IN OVER A WEEK. I'm in a theatre production at my school so that and homework have literally been taking over 98.78% of my time. But anyways here's a long-ish chapter to express my apologies. I hope a little fluff will help^^