Butterflies

The Truth in Acting

Jinyoung was distant for the next few days. No, scratch that, he was straight out avoiding Mark. He would try not to sit near Mark in the van, avoid standing next to him during broadcasts, or make excuses to get out of helping Mark with his acting. The blonde was more than confused; had he done something wrong?

Even so, this was a good opportunity for Mark to sort out his feelings a bit. He observed how often his gaze found its way to Jinyoung (a freakish amount of times per day, in fact), and took note of just how much his heartbeat sped up. This crush was getting a little out of hand. The black-haired vocalist invaded Mark's mind almost every minute of the day. It was scary, actually.

Only when Yugyeom, Bambam, and Jackson went out to eat and Youngjae and Jaebum went to the movies did Mark attempt to confront Jinyoung.

The younger was sitting on the couch, mindlessly watching a drama on the tv. Mark tiptoed out of his room, hoping Jinyoung wouldn't notice him and make an excuse to leave. After a moment's hesitation, Mark spoke up.

U-uh, Jinyoung?”

The vocalist started slightly at the sudden voice, turning his head immediately to look at Mark. Something flashed over his face before, surprisingly, a smile was formed. “Oh, what's up hyung?”

Mark, who was a bit shocked at how normal Jinyoung's response was, forgot everything he was going to say. His mind also went blank partially because of how long it's been since Jinyoung had smiled at him.

Hyung, are you okay? Do you need help with your lines or something?”

Mark blinked and quickly looked away, clearing his throat. “U-uh, actually-”

Are you hungry? I can make us some ramen if you want.”

The blonde was surprised by the offer, but he was grateful Jinyoung seemed to be back to normal. Of course, he was curious as to why the black-haired male was avoiding him in the first place, but Mark couldn't deny that he missed him. He missed talking with Jinyoung and making him laugh. No way was he about to turn down his offer. He was getting a little hungry, anyway.

Oh, sure. I mean, if you're willing...”

Of course!” Jinyoung smiled his bright smile, making Mark's heart skip a beat, before the younger stood and made his way to the kitchen.

The ramen was ready within just a few short minutes. Jinyoung made both himself and Mark a bowl, bringing them to the coffee table by the couch. They both began eating in silence at first, until Mark finally spoke up.

Jinyoung, how come you came to the set the other day while I was filming?” The blonde asked tentatively, bringing a spoonful of broth to his lips.

Jinyoung hesitated, but answered after a moment. “I said I wanted to see you act one of these days, didn't I?”

Yeah...but why didn't you say anything to me?”

I got tired so I went back to the dorm.” Jinyoung replied, almost curtly.

Mark decided to leave it at that, noticing how the atmosphere quickly turned awkward. The next few moments went by in silence again until Jinyoung lifted his head from his bowl and smiled at his hyung.

Your acting has really improved, you know.”

Mark felt his cheeks heat up a bit and he couldn't help a small smile from forming on his face. “Thanks Jinyoungie.”

Jinyoung quickly looked back at his bowl, a smile still on his lips. The image sent butterflies fluttering through the older's stomach as Mark finished up his bowl. Jinyoung had just finished as well, so Mark stood and took both of their dishes to the kitchen to wash them. When he returned to the couch he noticed a smile no longer on Jinyoung's face.

You got a text.” The younger announced, then abruptly stood and walked away in the direction of his room.

Mark blinked with confusion and noticed his phone sitting on the coffee table. He made his way over and glanced at the preview of the text that was lit up on his phone.

Hey, you're free today, right? I was wondering if you wanted to maybe see a movie with me today or something? Let me know♥”

It was from his acting partner.

Mark stared at the screen, his heart sinking. Did Jinyoung see this? Why did she put a heart at the end? Is she asking me out on a date?

In no way had the thought of leading his acting partner on ever crossed Mark's mind. He never flirted with her in any way, how could she have gotten the wrong idea? She was a nice girl, Mark had to admit, but he had no intention of being anything more than friends with her. Turning her down would be too awkward, since they were still contracted as 'lovers' in their drama. Instead, he decided on a simple response that wouldn't disappoint her too much.“Sorry, I actually had plans today. Maybe another time?”

His mind quickly shifted back to Jinyoung. The last thing Mark wanted was for Jinyoung to think he was interested in someone else. Although he knew him and the vocalist would probably never be a thing, he at least wanted Jinyoung to know how he felt about him eventually.

I hope he doesn't start ignoring me again... Ugh, why does everything have to be so complicated?

---

A/n: Jealous, Jinyoungie? I'd like to thank everyone for all the nice comments, subscriptions, and upvotes. It really motivates me to keep updating! I love you all <3