Lines Not Forgotten

The Truth in Acting

Mark sat on his bed, scratching the back of his neck and sighing with frustration as he stared at the script in front of him. The loud music blasting from Jackson's computer didn't help the older member memorize his lines in the slightest.

 
"Hey!" Mark finally snapped, shooting a subtle glare at his roommate. "Can you turn that down? I'm trying to memorize my lines."
 
"Soooorry Mark," the other rapper gave a pouty look, "but the best part of the song is coming up! Can't you memorize them tomorrow or something?"
 
"We shoot tomorrow."
 
Jackson ignored Mark as the part he had mentioned started, turning the volume up louder and singing along with all his heart.
 
Before he could be pushed to his boiling point, the blonde got up and quickly left the room--script in hand. Without even realizing, he found himself in front of Jinyoung's room. Letting out a sigh to ease his frustrated mind, Mark gave a soft knock.
 
"Jinyoungie? Are you busy?" He asked cautiously, opening the door to peer in and finding the younger laying on his bed peacefully with a book in hand.
 
At the sound of Mark's voice, Jinyoung averted his gaze from the book smiled warmly. "Oh, hey Mark hyung. Nah, I'm not busy. What's up?" He closed his book, placing it next to him as he sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed.
 
Mark closed the door behind him and returned the smile, but only slightly. He was still annoyed with Jackson for being so inconsiderate, but he couldn't lie about the fact that being with Jinyoung definitely lifted his spirits. 
 
The keen male on the bed, however, was quick to notice Mark's slight difference in behavior. "Is something wrong?"
 
Mark shook his head, "No, I'm okay. Jackson was just being a little annoying, so I had to leave."
 
Jinyoung noticed the script he blonde held in his hand. "So you were practicing lines?" He pat the mattress, gesturing for Mark to join him on it. The older took the offer and sunk down on the bed beside Jinyoung.
 
"Yeah, I just couldn't focus with him blaring his music so loudly." He sighed.
 
"Ahh, I see now." Jinyoung leaned closer to Mark to get a better look of the script currently laying on the older's lap. Mark, however, was starting to feel a little nervous at the close proximity between them. "Wow, this drama is going by fast, huh? This is already the 7th episode!"
 
The blonde cleared his throat so his voice wouldn't waver. "Yeah..I mean, I probably wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for you." Mark didn't realize his words were that cheesy until they came out of his mouth, and he silently cursed himself for saying something so cliqué.
 
Jinyoung, however, didn't seem to mind and flashed that eye-creasing smile. "I'm happy to help!" He turned pages in the script until he got to the beginning of the scene Mark had been working on. "Alright, let's run lines."
 
Mark felt his face flush slightly. It was kinda a romantic scene. "O-okay."
 
"There you are! Where have you been?" Jinyoung began as the female lead, immediately in character.
 
The older bit his lip softly, feeling nervous again. "I've been here. Where else would I be?"
 
"Have you been avoiding me?" Although Jinyoung didn't know the scene, he kept his eyes locked on his hyung as he spoke the lines and barely glanced down at the script. He was a true actor.
 
"Maybe I have, maybe I haven't." Mark, on the other hand, was having trouble moving his gaze from the floor as he spoke. His excuse was that it fit the situation in the scene, which wasn't completely wrong.
 
"What reason would you have to avoid me? Do you realize how immature and idiotic you look right now?" There was a twinge of anger in Jinyoung's voice, completely taking on a different persona than the gentle one he had just moments prior. 
 
Mark finally looked toward Jinyoung, who didn't falter from his character at all. "Idiotic? I'm the idiotic one?" 
 
"Of course, who else?" The black-haired male said, seeming frustrated.
 
"You! After all this you still haven't realized that I-"
 
Mark cut himself off, unable to say the next line. A blush crept to his face and he quickly turned his head away from the younger. At this point, Jinyoung broke character.
 
"Did you forget the line?" When he got no answer, the younger continued. "It's 'After all this you still haven't realized that I like you.'" Jinyoung stated, nonchalantly. Mark, however, was almost at his breaking point.
 
He hadn't forgotten the line. That was one of the most overused lines in all of the k-drama world. How could anyone forget it?
 
No, he hadn't forgotten it. He just couldn't say it. If he said it, he knew he would be admitting how he really felt. Mark wasn't ready to admit that. He wasn't ready to admit that he liked Jinyoung.
 
"Wanna try that part again? Here, I'll go back." The younger, completely unaware of his hyung's inner turmoil, went back into character and repeated the previous line. "Of course, who else?"
 
Mark wasn't paying attention anymore. Instead, his mind was reeling. Mark can't like Jinyoung. They're group mates. They're practically brothers. They're boys, for heaven's sake. And being in Korea, a very conservative country when it came to uality, didn't help anything.
 
But Mark liking Jinyoung? Of course, the two were close enough to seem like they could have feelings for each other, but that sort of thing was normal with friends in Korea. Mark caught on in the first couple years he began living in Seoul. He thought it was weird at first, but he soon became accustomed to the skinship. He was open to hugs from any of the members, but something had always been different when Jinyoung was around. 
 
"Hyung...?" A tap on his shoulder brought the blonde back to reality and he started slightly. "Are you okay? Your face is really red." The younger brought a hand up to Mark's forehead and gasped softly. "Your burning hot!"
 
But the feeling of Jinyoung's smooth palm against his forehead just made Mark's skin burn even more. Nervous, he quickly smacked the boy's hand away and stood up.
 
"I-I'm getting really sleepy...I think I'll....sleep..." With that, the blonde dashed out of the room and booked it to his own room, lunging for his bed. He heard a few confused murmurs from Jackson's bed but ignored him until he gave up and/or stopped caring for an answer.
 
No way. There's just no way.
 
Mark cursed himself in realization; he forgot his script with Jinyoung, and there's no way he was going back into that room now. The younger probably wouldn't want to disturb Mark from getting his rest, so him personally returning the script was definitely crossed off the list. Eventually the blonde decided to retrieve the script from Jinyoung's room early in the morning, hopefully before he woke up. He had to get up early to get ready for shooting, anyway. That way he could avoid awkward confrontation and have at least a little more time to sort out his feelings.
 
Mark gulped. Oh yeah, his feelings.
 
---
 
A/n: yoooooooooooo markjin slayyys. Btw is anyone else super excited for their Mad comeback? Because I am. Anyways hope you liked this chapter!!