Stolen Moments

The Truth in Acting

"D-don't you think someone's gonna find us?"

 
"Shhh, don't worry Jinyoungie. No one's gonna look over here."
 
"B-but-"
 
Mark shushed his boyfriend with a kiss. Jinyoung quickly gave up and kissed the blonde back, enjoying the hint of strawberry taste from his chapstick.
 
The two idols were currently hidden in one of the stage wings, the curtains blocking them from any staff passerby setting up the stage for Got7's rehearsal. The rest of the members were in the green room snacking and resting before they had to do sound check, while Mark and Jinyoung had cleverly snuck away together.
 
The two had been dating for only a few days now, but ever since they both confessed they'd been stuck together like a magnet. The other members didn't know yet, however, and Mark and Jinyoung weren't sure when they planned on telling them. Since their little relationship was still secret, moments alone were tough to find. That's why sneaking away from the group had become normal in these past few days.
 
Mark had pushed Jinyoung back into the wall, their lips moving in sync with one another. When Mark's tongue swiped across the dark-haired male's bottom lip, Jinyoung granted him his wordless request and opened his mouth. The kisses only got deeper as Mark slid his tongue inside the younger's mouth, leaving both Mark and Jinyoung weak at the knees.
 
"Have you seen Mark or Jinyoung? They've been gone for a while and I was getting worried." The older felt Jinyoung stiffen when he heard Jaebum's voice.
 
Mark, noticing that Jinyoung had stopped kissing him back so he could listen, pulled away and moved his lips to the younger's neck instead.
 
"I haven't seen them. They're not in the green room?" The familiar voice of their manager was heard from the other side of the curtain, making the grip Jinyoung had on Mark's shoulders tighten a bit.
 
"No, they're not." Jaebum said, his tone a mixture of confusion and annoyance.
 
"H-hyung.." Jinyoung whispered and Mark pulled back to look at the boy in front of him.
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Maybe we should go back..."
 
Mark frowned slightly. He knew that wandering off when they should be on stand-by for rehearsal was irresponsible, but the blonde barely got any time alone with Jinyoung. Even so, the younger was right. "Yeah, maybe we should." He gave his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips before taking a step back and peeking out from behind the curtain. Jaebum was gone, their manager now the only one standing close by. "I'll distract manager hyung while you head back to the green room, alright?" Mark whispered to the younger.
 
Jinyoung nodded, squeezing the blonde's hand. Mark then quickly came out from the curtain, heading over to their manager. "Hyung, do you know where the mic tape is? I need it for when I do my martial arts."
 
"Mark? Where have you been? JB was looking for you, you know."
 
"Oh, I was just looking for the tape, but I can't seem to find it."
 
"Ahh. Well I'll show you where they keep it." The manager placed a hand on Mark's back and began leading him away. "Have you seen Jinyoung, by the way?"
 
Mark watched as the dark-haired boy peeked out from the curtain and quickly tiptoed toward the green room behind their manager's back. The blonde grinned at the sight, feeling his chest warm up.
 
"Earth to Mark? Did you even hear me?"
 
"O-oh sorry. No, I haven't seen Jinyoung."
 
---
 
"Ahhh home sweet home!" Jackson shouted with relief when the members began filing through the door to their dorm. Rehearsal had gone extra long that night and all of the boys were extremely exhausted.
 
"Is anyone hungry?" Jinyoung asked, looking at the other members for signs of hunger. "I can make some dinner really quick."
 
Mark smiled to himself. Jinyoung really was like the mom of the group.
 
"I am!" Bambam called out. The others agreed, the thought of food bringing them back to life a bit.
 
"I can help, hyung." Yugyeom said, walking toward the kitchen where Jinyoung currently was.
 
"You worked really hard today Yugyeomie, why don't you just get some rest before eating. I can help Jinyoung." Mark said quickly, patting the maknae's shoulder comfortingly and stealing a glance toward his boyfriend. He saw Jinyoung bite his lip to hold back a smile before turning his gaze to the youngest member.
 
"Yeah, you went all out with your dancing tonight. Just sit back and let Mark hyung and I make some food."
 
Yugyeom contemplated for a bit, then quickly complied and retired to his shared bedroom with Bambam.
 
Jaebum, Youngjae, and Jackson had all headed to the living room, switching the TV on to flip channels until the food was ready.
 
"Your flips looked really good tonight." Jinyoung muttered after the two had began chopping some vegetables.
 
Mark smiled, adding the vegetables he had just cut to the pot of boiling water. "Thanks Jinyoungie. You sounded really good tonight, yourself."
 
Jinyoung glanced up at him with a smile and added his own chopped vegetables to the soup.
 
Since Jaebum, Youngjae, and Jackson seemed to be immersed in whatever random drama was playing on the tv, Mark took the opportunity to slide his arms around Jinyoung's waist from behind. The younger quickly glanced at the other members to see if they had seen, then grinned to himself when he noticed they weren't paying attention. Jinyoung kept on cooking, adding things to the pot until a delicious scent filled the kitchen.
 
Mark clung to Jinyoung tightly, his chin resting on the younger's shoulder as he watched.
 
"Is this what you call helping?" Jinyoung eventually asked, laughing.
 
Mark smiled, pecking his cheek quickly. "Of course. I'm helping by keeping you company."
 
Jinyoung just rolled his eyes and smiled, stirring the soup. "Okay, it's ready!" The vocalist called and the members quickly gathered in the kitchen to grab themselves bowls.
 
"Someone's touchy-feely tonight." Jackson teased his roommate, his hyena laugh filling the dorm.
 
Mark felt heat rise to his face and he quickly let go of Jinyoung. Skinship between members was always common, but off camera was a little less extreme.
 
Jinyoung must have been embarrassed too because Mark caught a glimpse of his reddening ears as he served up bowls of soup for the members.
 
When everyone had finished eating, Yugyeom offered to do the dishes since he felt bad about not helping his hyungs with dinner. The remaining members all filed into their respective bedrooms-all except Mark and Jinyoung. While Yugyeom was busy at the sink, Jinyoung walked the blonde over to his bedroom door.
 
"Goodnight, Jinyoungie." Mark smiled, squeezing his boyfriend's hand lovingly.
 
"Goodnight, hyung. Sleep well." The younger smiled back, leaning in to peck Mark on the lips before the older slipped away into his room.
 
"What the hell are you smiling about?" Jackson questioned, genuinely confused.
 
Mark didn't answer. Instead, he headed to his bed and pulled out his phone. He hadn't checked sns in a while, so he wouldn't be surprised if he missed some big news. What he wasn't expecting, however, was the big news to involve him.
 
'Got7's Mark Tuan Spotted Holding Hands with Acting Partner from Drama'
 
Mark read over the article title multiple times, his heart sinking. The last thing he wanted right now was to be involved in some stupid scandal.
 
---
 
A/n: yoyoyo so this was a fluffy chapter :-) hope you guys enjoyed!