Gentle Touch

The Truth in Acting

"Cut!"

 
Mark flinched softly at the word. The reason behind the director's decision to shout that one word could be a multitude of things. At this point, the blonde was just praying that the reason wouldn't be him.
 
"Mark-" the director began.
 
Looks like his prayers weren't heard.
 
"You need to be more in character when you're not saying your lines. It's almost like you just 'check out' when you finish saying your own line." The director said, a hint of frustration in his voice.
 
"I'm sorry director-nim." Mark bowed, a little deeper than usual, and tried not to sigh with defeat. He felt a hard pat on his back(the director's way of encouraging him), and then the man was back behind the array of cameras.
 
"Alright, let's try this again. Action!"
 
Let's just say it wasn't the last time he stopped the cameras in the middle of filming.
 
---
 
"Mark?"
 
The blonde was taken slightly aback, shaking his head from his daydream and focusing on the person who called to him. It was the MC. Right, they were in the middle of a variety show. "Hm?" Mark said in haste, hoping his daydreaming wasn't noticed.
 
Mark's hopes, however, didn't seem to prove successful. This just wasn't his day.
 
"Are you ok Mark? Are you feeling sick?" The MC asked, worry being heard in his voice. 
 
Jaebum immediately made his way to the oldest member and placed a hand on his forehead, also worried for his friend. Jinyoung, who was already standing beside Mark, placed a warm hand on his shoulder. It was gentle and comforting.
 
"No," he quickly shook his head, "I'm really fine. "Sorry, I'm just a little distracted today." The other members shot Mark a few concerned glances, but soon turned back to the MC to continue the show. They were in the middle of filming, after all. Jaebum returned to his spot but Jinyoung's hand didn't move from the older's shoulder for the rest of the show, and Mark found himself slightly glad at this fact.
 
When they finally finished filming, Mark headed toward the restroom. He walked to the sinks and the cold water, letting it pour out of the faucet for a couple seconds before holding his hands under the flow and bringing water up to his face. They were done filming, so it shouldn't have been a problem to wash his face of the makeup he was painted with.
 
Because of the slightly loud sound of running water, Mark didn't hear the door to the restroom open. Only when he felt a familiar hand on the small of his back did realize that someone else was in the room. The blonde knew just from the gentle touch that that someone was Jinyoung.
 
"You'll get the hang of it." His voice was soft, kind. 
 
He brought his dripping wet face up to meet the boy's gaze. Mark was slightly surprised by these words. Jinyoung always had a way of knowing exactly what was upsetting the older.
 
The black-haired male laughed--which Mark wasn't really expecting--then reached for the sink and turned the water off that Mark had completely forgotten about. He then got some paper towels and started gently dabbing the older's skin to dry his face. Mark flushed softly at this, regretting having washed the makeup off that might have previously hid his red face.
 
"Acting is really fun, trust me. But before it can be fun, it has to be hard. You just have to overcome that obstacle, and then you're good to go!" The younger's reassuring smile only made Mark blush a little harder.
 
It wasn't the first time Jinyoung had comforted Mark when he was upset over something. In fact, out of all the members, Jinyoung was probably the most helpful. He really did act like the mom of the group.
 
"Don't give up, okay hyung? The beginning is always tough." The younger leaned closer to Mark and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, sending shivers all throughout the blonde's body. Jinyoung pulled back, gave his hyung another eye-creasing smile, and left the room.
 
Mark found himself releasing air he didn't even know he was holding. The sigh came out uneven and choppy, and the older looked in the mirror to see his pink--now completely dry and makeup-free--face.
 
---
 
A/n: cutieeeesss~~~~~ Jinyoung just has a way with Mark, you know?? Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thanks so much for subscribing to this story and/or leaving a comment!! You guys are what inspires me to write more^^ thanks so much!