Likewise

The Truth in Acting

Mark took the girl's hand, smiling ever so slightly to himself. The girl was smiling too, a blush coloring her cheeks as the two walked down the street. Once they arrived at the door to the girl's house, Mark turned to face her.

 
"Thanks for today." He smiled, squeezing her hand softly.
 
The girl opened to say something, but stopped short when Mark leaned in. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, a bashful smile displayed on his lips afterward.
 
"I'll see you tomorrow?"
 
The girl nodded, quickly turning around and rushing into the house. Mark grinned with satisfaction, sticking his hands in his pockets and continuing on down the street.
 
"Cut! Good job today, everyone."
 
Mark sighed with relief, thanking a member of the staff who had just handed him a bottle of water. It had been a long day.
 
Just as Mark downed half of the bottle, his acting partner skipped over to him.
 
"Hey, that scene went really well, don't you think so?" She beamed at him expectantly.
 
Mark nodded and gave her a smile. "Yeah, thank god we didn't have to do it a million times like the other day."
 
She hummed in agreement, taking a sip of her own bottle of water. A staff member called to her to change into her own clothes, so she waved to Mark and made her way to the dressing room. Mark, too, headed to his own dressing room and changed out of the clothes that were just not his style.
 
Back in his comfy sweatshirt and ripped jeans, Mark gathered his things and bowed to the staff and director on the way out. Before he could get very far, however, he heard his name being called from behind him. He turned to find his acting partner running up to him, a little out of breath.
 
"Ah-" she took a deep breath and smiled, "we're headed in kinda the same direction, right? Let's walk together!"
 
Mark felt slightly uncomfortable. Ever since receiving that text from her the other day about 'hanging out,' he's been worried about leading her on. She'd always been really friendly, but now it just seemed like she was flirting. Either way, he was in no position to refuse her request since they were, in fact, headed in the same direction. "Oh, sure."
 
At least the walk wasn't awkward. She was pretty talkative, telling stories about her old acting classes and how she once forgot a whole monologue during a play in front of a live audience. Mark could somewhat relate; he told her about his martial arts flips failing sometimes on stage and how he was always so embarrassed afterward.
 
It seemed like a talk two good friends would be having with each other. That is, if Mark didn't have a lingering feeling that she had a crush on him.
 
She was in the middle of telling him about an awful improv teacher she once had when-
 
"Hey, is that Mark from Got7!?"
 
.
 
Instinctively, the blonde grabbed onto his acting partner's hand and sped around the corner to avoid being further recognized. They kept running until they made it a few blocks away, and by that point they were too out of breath to keep going. Just when the rapper thought they were safe, he heard another voice.
 
"Mark?"
 
Mark panicked again, looking in the direction of the voice and praying it wasn't another fan.
 
It wasn't. It was worse.
 
"Jinyoung?"
 
Mark hadn't even realized that they ran all the way to the convenience store, just a block away from his dorm. Jinyoung had been walking out of the store, a small bag of groceries in his hand when he saw his bandmate.
 
Only when the vocalist's gaze lowered and lingered there did Mark realize he was still holding his acting partner's hand. He immediately dropped it, instead using his hand to scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. 
 
Jinyoung's expression dropped, and he looked everywhere but where Mark was standing. "Sorry if I'm, you know, interrupting... I'm just gonna.." He gestured in the direction of their dorm. He looked incredibly uncomfortable, and Mark didn't miss the way his hand shook slightly when he raised it.
 
Before Mark could say anything, however, Jinyoung was hastily off in the direction of their dorm. But Mark couldn't shake the image of the younger's expression in his mind.  
 
"Wait- Jinyoung!"
 
Before he knew it, Mark was running after him. He felt a little guilty for leaving his acting partner alone on the sidewalk, but Jinyoung mattered more at the moment.
 
Jinyoung had made it to the dorm before him, but there was no sign of him in the living room where the rest of the members were hanging out.
 
"Hyung, you're home!" Youngjae stood from where he had been sitting on the couch.
 
"Do you know what happened to Jinyoung? He came in a minute ago and he looked really upset." Jaebum seemed worried, concerned with the wellbeing of his fellow members as their leader.
 
"I'm gonna talk to him." Mark announced, heading directly for Jinyoung's room.
 
When he made it to the door, he could see that the lights were off behind the glass, but that didn't stop Mark from knocking. "Jinyoung, can I come in?" Upon hearing no response, the rapper turned the knob and let himself in.
 
Jinyoung was sitting upright on his bed and looked up in surprise when Mark entered the room. It was dark, but the older could vaguely see how watery Jinyoung's eyes were. Had he been crying?
 
Mark frowned at the sight, his stomach knotting up uncomfortably. He had an urge to embrace the black-haired boy, but didn't.
 
"Jinyoung, can we talk?"
 
Jinyoung didn't respond, but Mark took it that he was listening.
 
"She has a crush on me." He found himself saying, then silently cursed himself for blurting it out. "Wait- I didn't mean that. Well, I did..but that's not-" Mark stopped himself from embarrassing himself further. Instead, he took a deep breath and started over. "I think she got the impression that I liked her or something-which I don't-because, you know, we had to do all those romantic scenes together and everything... I think I may have accidentally led her on, but I didn't mean to-"
 
Mark was just digging himself a grave at this point.
 
He sighed, walking closer to Jinyoung. "She lives near here, so we just happened to be walking in the same direction when a fan spotted me. Without thinking, I grabbed her hand and ran away, and we somehow ended up at the convenience store.... That's why we were, you know, holding hands."
 
Jinyoung's gaze had been fixed on his lap until hearing Mark's explanation. He slowly lifted it, hesitantly making eye contact with the older. "You're not...dating?" He asked, a hint of awkwardness in his tone.
 
"No, definitely not d-dating." Mark bit his lip, feeling his chest erupting with warmth as he looked down at the boy who was staring back at him.
 
Jinyoung then let out a breath, a relieved expression covering his features. "Good." Before Mark could question his response, he felt himself being tugged down by the collar of his sweatshirt until his lips met with Jinyoung's.
 
The kiss was soft and affectionate, making Mark's head reel at 100 mph. His face turned bright red and his heart was beating so loudly, he was sure Jinyoung could hear it. It felt as if the butterflies had erupted from his stomach and filled the entire room, leaving the blonde a little lightheaded. Just as his knees were about to give way, Jinyoung quickly pulled back with a shocked expression, almost as if he was more surprised by his own actions than Mark was.
 
"S-s-sorry!!" The vocalist was visibly just as red as Mark was. "T-that was weird right? Why did I do that, haha-ha?? I-I mean we're both s-straight-"
 
Mark stopped him from going on by kissing him again, a little deeper this time. His heart and brain were still going crazy, but having his lips on the younger's just felt so right that he just had to experience it again.
 
When they finally broke away for the second time, neither knew what to say. Mark straightened up again, taking a step back and awkwardly scratching his neck. Jinyoung was staring at his lap again, his hands clutching the sheets of his bed for dear life.
 
"Sorry I-"
 
"Do you-"
 
They both began at the same time after a long period of silence, each getting more flustered.
 
"G-Go ahead." Jinyoung quickly said, his face heated up.
 
"I-I was just going to ask w-why you kissed me." Mark sputtered, sneaking a glance in the younger's direction.
 
"O-oh I... I may or may not have been a little...jealous? S-so I was really relieved when you told me you two weren't dating-"
 
"But why did you kiss me?" Mark repeated, his heartbeat refusing to give up its incessant skipping.
 
"I-I..." Jinyoung seemed to be shrinking where he sat. "I might have a tiny c-crush on you..?"
 
Mark found the way that Jinyoung's voice cracked to be insanely adorable. 
 
He smiled widely, a tingling feeling enveloping his entire body as he gazed lovingly down at his bandmate. Before realizing it, Mark muttered a "Me too" and reached for Jinyoung's hand, pulling him up from where he sat and wrapping his arms around his slim body. He thought he heard the younger's heartbeat speeding up, but it could have very well been his own as he embraced the boy of his affections. "I'm so happy you feel the same way."
 
Jinyoung leaned into the warm embrace, hugging the older back tightly. "I've always liked you." He mumbled, then blushed from embarrassment and thanked god that they were hugging so Mark couldn't see how red his face was. 
 
Unfortunately for Jinyoung, the rapper pulled back upon hearing his confession. A grin danced across his face, and he held on gingerly to the younger's hips. Although he didn't realize it until recently, Mark had always had feelings for Jinyoung too.
 
"Likewise."
 
---
 
A/n: I felt like this markjin moment was a little overdue loool so here you go! Congrats on sticking it out until chapter 11 for them to confess, haha More to come ;)