Simple & Sweet / Boonon

✤ seventeen otp drabbles ✤

sweet & simple // boonon (seungkwan x hansol) // words: 911 // requested by XiaoYuNan

note: finally a fully innocent drabble!! i think this drabble went passed the original scenario that the requester wanted and i'm sorry for that ><  hope you like this anyway! :)


“Dude you have to stop freaking out,” Vernon whispered to himself as he studied the figure reflecting in front of him.

 

He was dressed in the casual, but not too casual way (Vernon had yelled “Is this too fancy?” too many times already for a friday morning). He had on a simple black tee with a denim jacket over it, and complimented it with white jeans and a few holes on the legs.

 

Vernon ruffled his hair, letting out a sigh. “I’m gonna look like a hot mess if I keep on changing my outfit.”

 

“I look perfectly fine,” he told himself as a confidence booster. He then took his phone from his bed and smirked at the sight on the screen. Seungkwan had sent him quick text messages.

 

from: mah Boo

 

we’re meeting at the park next to Pledis Uni right??

 

please answer meeeeee

 

i’m worried help me babyy

 

why aren’t you responding :(

 

Vernon smirked. His new lover must be as shaky as he is.

 

to: mah Boo

 

yep in 30 minutes from now~^^

 

i’m nervous too babe

 

breathe~

 

Vernon slipped his phone in his pocket and went to the kitchen. He poured himself a large glass of water and gulped it down in one go.

 

He sighed, fixing his hair in front of the mirror above the sink. “Don’t stress over this. He loves you for who you are and you know that now,” Vernon whispered in his native english tongue, smiling as he remembered when his best friend now boyfriend confessed to him two weeks ago.

 

 

◈◈◈

 

 

The two were playing a fighting game together while laying on Vernon’s bed.

 

“Dude, you’re doing worse than usual,” Vernon had laughed when he brought Seungkwan’s character to a fatality more than 13 times by then.

 

Seungkwan had stayed quiet, his only response being a click from his tongue.

 

The older usually yelled when playing video games, especially if it was a violent game like theirs. Vernon had surely noticed the unusual act and decided to pipe up.

 

He paused the game, causing Seungkwan to whine a little since his character was just about to land a good punch on the younger’s for once.

 

“Everything alright?” Vernon asked with his voice filled with concern. “You seem kind of off.”

 

“I’m fine,” Seungkwan said in his ‘I’m obviously lying and maybe I want you to notice’ tone.

 

“You’re not okay.” Vernon put down their controllers and scooted closer to him. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

 

Seungkwan let out a sigh, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater. “I swear, I’m okay.”

 

Vernon reached out and laid his hand on Seungkwan’s on the bed. “Please. I want to help you, whatever’s wrong.”

 

“I...I.” Seungkwan shook his head, not knowing how to convey his situation to the younger correctly.

 

He decided to blurt it out to get it over with, yelling louder than he wanted to. “I like you okay?!”

 

Vernon didn’t say anything. He just smiled, and leaned closer to the older.

 

“I like you too.”

 

 

◈◈◈

 

 

They were walking hand in hand on the park trail, the autumn air blowing a calming breeze onto them as Seungkwan continued to speak.

 

“Do you think...” he asked suddenly, slowing their speed. “...Do you think we’ll last?”

 

Vernon made them stop walking ahead, and made them sit together on a bench instead. “What do you mean by that?”

 

Seungkwan kicked his feet under the wood, keeping his head lowered. “I don’t know…”

 

“We’ve been best friends since middle school…” Vernon drifted off, his hand on his lover’s back. “I think we can last being boyfriends.”

 

“You’re right, what am I saying.” Seungkwan grinned as he gazed back up at the younger. “We will last.”

 

“Of course we will.” Vernon stood up and held his hand out to him. “Come on. I sense that you’re in need of some ice cream?”

 

Seungkwan’s eyes sparkled at the mention of sweets, taking his hand immediately and holding it lovingly. “Yes! At the one just across from the school right?”

 

Vernon responded with a nod, pulling Seungkwan up from his spot. “It’s your favorite place, right?”

 

Seungkwan practically jumped, leaning on Vernon’s arm. “Yep. Let’s go!”

 

“You’re so cute when you’re energetic like this, hyung.” Vernon laughed at his state. They began to stroll towards said ice cream shop, talking lovey dovey nonsense to each other and giving each other small kisses to the cheek every so often.

 

Soon they were seated at the far corner of the small pastel shop. Vernon some of his green tea ice cream in a cone while Seungkwan took a scoop of his coffee ice cream in a foam cup.

 

"Seungkwan," Vernon smirked at him.

 

Seungkwan raised his eyebrows. "Hmm?"

 

"You have some on your lips. Here..." Vernon sat up from his spot and leaned across the table towards his boyfriend.

 

Seungkwan's eyes widened a bit. "What are you-"

 

A soft pair of lips landed on his.

 

This lasted just for a second though, Vernon's tongue grazing over his lips to taste away the neglected ice cream. "All better."

 

Seungkwan bit his lip, silently taking another small bite of his ice cream. "Thanks..."

 

Vernon giggled at how adorable he was being, reaching across the table to hold his arm. "You're so cute."

 

"Stop saying that," Seungkwan pouted, his lips for any ice cream dribbling away from his mouth. "You're killing me."

 

"Hyung," Vernon smiled. "I love you."


"Mmh, love you too."


not my best work but it's cute nonetheless