Short is Cute, Right? / Jigyu

✤ seventeen otp drabbles ✤

words - 912

warnings - swearing and oh-so much fluff

(book mentioned in bold is  "I'll Be Right There" by Shin KyungSook)

...so this was posted on wattpad a few weeks ago but I haven't gotten hold on a laptop until now... sorry for 5 month late drabble HoonieBee >.<

Jihoon sighed in defeat as he stared at the romance novel. It was all the way at the top shelf, over 7 feet above his blue hair. His dorm buddy Soonyoung had asked him to borrow it for him from the university library earlier that day, the taller male being too busy looking for another lover to get it himself.

The short boy heard a low voice behind him. "Babe, what are you doing?"

It was Kim Mingyu, Jihoon's boyfriend who tagged along with him to the library due to pure boredom in his own dorm. His best friend, Wonwoo, was completely ignoring him and paying attention to his sister Jihye. Mingyu didn't like it one bit, being unincluded from their sibling activities.

Oh well, at least he had his cute boyfriend to be with.

Jihoon turned around and gripped Mingyu's waist. "That's it!" He shifted his gaze back and forth from the book he needed and his lover. "Can you help me with something?"

"Cute," Mingyu murmured lightly, petting his head. "Help with what?"

"That book up there." Jihoon turned and pointed at the top shelf. "Can you get that for me?"

Mingyu looked towards the book he was talking about and scoffed. "어디선가 나를 찾는 전화벨이 울리고? Since when have you read love stories?"

Jihoon lightly slapped his chest. "It's for my roommate. And besides, why would I read a love story when we have our own to live through?" He blushed at his own words and hid his face in Mingyu's chest.

"That's true, hyung." Mingyu smirked before doing something Jihoon was afraid would happen to worsen his current book condition. The taller boy shook out of Jihoon's grasp and walked off to a table near the corner of the library, not before blowing a kiss to the surprised other.

The small male gaped, stuttering. "M-Mingyu!"

Mingyu just stuck his tongue out from where he sat. "I won't help you!"

"Why?!" Jihoon stormed to where Mingyu was, pouting. He put on his 'aegyo face', something he never did unless he was desperate, like now.

Jihoon's aegyo was incredibly difficult to fight against, especially with the fact that it was a rare sight. Mingyu groaned and stood up from his seat. "It's not my problem," he excused, faking a serious expression towards his hyung.

"If only I was blessed with height like yours." Jihoon grabbed Mingyu's shirt and pulled him closer. His face shifted into a threatening one immediately, although his height made the threat less frightful. "Carry me."

"And why should I do that? Carry yourself, shorty." Mingyu secretly loved teasing Jihoon about his small stature. The boy always tried so hard to look like he could kill with the tip of his pinky, yet Mingyu couldn't find that possible. Especially since Jihoon always changed his hair color to something soft and cute, such as the blue color he currently had.

Jihoon growled in reply, damn smirking like the cute he is. He held Mingyu's shoulders tightly and pushed his small weight up, hugging his boyfriend's waist with his legs while his arms were wound around his neck.

"Tofu ball mode on! Code name Woozi!"

Mingyu gasped, mouth gaping open as he managed to keep Jihoon steady with his hands on his waist. "Jihoon, wha-"

"Name's Woozi, you tall giant. Can you please help me?" Jihoon pouted furiously near Mingyu's face with his eyes cutely wide. "Please?"

Mingyu giggled at how cute Jihoon was suddenly being, flicking the little one's forehead. "Fine, cutie. You owe me after I help you."

"Come on!" Jihoon's face softened to his normal stare, rolling his eyes. "Me being cute like this isn't enough for you?"

Mingyu shook his head. "Nope." With Jihoon still attached to his body, he walked over to where the wanted book was. He pushed Jihoon up by his plump to help him reach.

Jihoon sighed in content once he took hold of the book, waving his hand to signal his accomplishment. "You can let me down now, Mingyu."

"No."

Jihoon glared at him for the millionth time that day. "Let me down."

"Why should I?" Mingyu smirked, nearing his face towards Jihoon as he let the small boy lean against the bookshelves. "It's not everyday that you're clingy like this."

"You ," Jihoon whined, cutely punching Mingyu's chest. "I knew it was a ty idea to act like a 'Woozi' or whatever I called it just for that stupid book. Damn it, Soonyoung!"

"Woah, calm yourself hyung." Mingyu smiled again. "I'll let you down. Just don't run away, alright?"

"Okay okay, just hurry with it or my limbs will break." Mingyu obliged and let him down, not forgetting to trap him on the shelves with his arms surrounding him.

Jihoon's arms were still wrapped around Mingyu's neck as his feet were let down on the carpet flooring of the library. "So..." he sighed, tapping the other boy with his fingertips while he set the book on a shelf that was within reach.

The smaller of the two was caught off guard when Mingyu kissed his nose lightly. "Where's my 'thank you' for helping you out, hmm?"

Jihoon scoffed. "Like I'd ever thank your ing tall stature."

Mingyu brought his hands back down to Jihoon's waist, keeping him still. "Fine. You still owe me a makeout session."

"Ooh." Jihoon's expression turned mischievous. "So that's what I owe you?"

"Yea. Now kiss me, shorty."

"Alright, you giant ."

first drabble of 2016!!! my first food of the year was classic pocky and my first drink was wine...

...sparkling wine ^~^/

ugh I keep finding mistakes in this so sorry for updating the same chapter three times /sighs/

anyway... the requester wanted something about jigyu's height difference, so here it is! I'm quite satisfied with this one, heehee.

i also made a new cover for this collection! it's nice work for mobile free editing apps at 5am XD feedback on the story or the new cover? I really love comments <3

look forward to the next update and happy reading! (/^.^)/

crossposted on Wattpad under hanichikyoo