I'm Doing This Because I Love You / SoonhoonFt.Jigyu

✤ seventeen otp drabbles ✤

okay I've been lazy lately so here's a simpler layout compared to my other chapters~ hope you enjoy and sorry for the long wait, maknaeria /bows/

 
words: 1152 // warning: slight alcohol and implied

 

 

“Hoshi, you don’t underst-”

 

“What do I not understand?!” Hoshi yelled from across the phone line. “I clearly saw you being overly intimate with Kim Mingyu, the campus player! Woozi, is that the type of person you really want?”

 

~**~

 

Woozi sweared in his head at the sentences being played over and over again in his head.

 

“You only have thirty days left in your life before we kill you. We have no choice but to do this because of the unknown virus in your body. We are very sorry.”

 

Why did the doctors not even try to help him figure out what was going on with him? Did they not even care?

 

Woozi had canceled his park date with Hoshi due to sharp pain intruding his forehead down to his heels, practically everywhere in his frail body. Even with all the meds given to him by doctors and homemade remedies made by his parents, he only grew worse by the minute. His face grew pale, he had a harder time moving around, and he even fainted several times while asleep.

 

With all this, he didn’t give Hoshi a single clue on what was going on. Hoshi would call him, begging to know why Woozi’s parents wouldn’t allow him in their house, and why Woozi wouldn’t tell him anything regarding his life anymore. He just didn’t want his hyung to worry.

 

“Please, baby I’m begging you-”

 

Woozi cut him off again, saying, “I’m fine, don’t worry about me.”

 

But Hoshi had a right to worry about why, why. Was Woozi in his room? Is he alright? Is he being punished by his parents? Did he run away?

 

Did he secretly leave Hoshi for someone else?

 

The thought haunted the blonde as he calmed his nerves in the rented practice room. Woozi couldn’t be doing something like that. His tofu was loyal, and they stated that to each other repeatedly before. It’s been over two weeks now, and Hoshi was on the brink of dying due to a heart attack over heartbreak.

 

By the twentieth day Woozi’s pains weren’t as strong as before, although his forehead still ached like a . He sighed when he heard his phone blaring BTS’s “Butterfly”, expecting it to be his boyfriend calling again.

 

Was he even his boyfriend anymore?

 

To his surprise, it was Mingyu on the line. “Mingyu?”

 

“Let’s go to the VIX Night Club tonight hyung. Your mom asked me to accompany you since you haven’t gone out in weeks and your pains are fading.”

 

Then, the idea hit him.

 

Woozi would get his dongsaeng drunk while he kept himself sober. Then when Mingyu is clueless enough, he would make out with Mingyu while Hoshi catches them. ‘We’d break up, and he wouldn’t miss me when I…

 

….When I die.

 

My life would come to a close soon anyway, so it’s okay right?’

 

“Alright,” Woozi answered after a while. “Pick me up in 15?”

 

“Mmh.” Woozi ended the call, slightly struggling to lift himself off his bed and stand up. He stretched a bit and plodded to his closet. ‘It’s been so long…’

 

He put on the best nightclub outfit he could find (a black varsity jacket with a white shirt underneath and tight leather pants), and he applied on some eyeliner like he used to (he cursed his cute look he was born with and thought dark eyeliner could make him look more masculine for some reason).

 

Woozi studied his appearance in the mirror and sighed. His dark circles were now faded a bit from his concealer he secretly bought, but his hair was now an obvious fake with his black roots showing clearly. Under that cool badass look, he was still that child that was going to die in less than a month.

 

He felt a tears wanting to fall, stopping it by furiously blinking. He shook his head. ‘What the hell am I doing…’

 

‘It’s for the best,’ his other side told him silently. ‘He needs to forget about you.’

 

Woozi nodded to himself, gathering his phone and a black snapback. “Okay.” He smiled at his mother watching something on the TV, saying he’ll be with Mingyu. He exited the home and stood outside waiting for the younger while opening Hoshi’s contact on his phone.

 

Woozi let out a heavy breath and called him. Hoshi answered almost immediately. “Woozi!”

 

“Hey hyung,” the pink haired boy deadpanned. “Don’t ask why, but meet me at VIX Nightclub in 30 minutes.”

 

“Alright.” Woozi could feel Hoshi’s smile from the other side. “Are you okay now, whatever’s up?”

 

“Yea,” Woozi replied simply. “See you.”

 

“Okay.” Hoshi ended the call right after.

 

After a few minutes, Mingyu arrived in his motorcycle. “Ready to go?”

 

“Yea.”

 

-

 

“I’ve always wanted to touch you like this,” Woozi stated blankly without any meaning, trying to pry into Mingyu as he pushed the taller onto the black wall in the corner of the nightclub.

 

“But what about Hoshi?” Mingyu asked with a slur in his tone, putting down his sixth bottle on the hard ground.

 

Woozi sighed, pushing his thought about the particular blonde man away. “But I need you, Mingyu. Now.”

 

“Okay hyung,” Mingyu complied, lust obvious in his voice. He brought his index and middle fingers to Woozi’s chin and lifted his face. “Then take me.”

 

Immediately, Woozi barged into Mingyu’s lips with his own. He moved so their chests were touching as the kiss became deep and passionate right away. Mingyu was the first to add tongue, forcing the small muscle into Woozi’s mouth as he let out a loud groan. Mingyu moved his free hand to Woozi’s growing bulge, eliciting even more noises from the shorter as Woozi wrapped his hands around Mingyu’s neck.

 

‘Could Hoshi come here already?’ Woozi complained in his head. He had to admit, Mingyu was a pretty good kisser. He just didn’t like the lingering taste of alcohol transferring from Mingyu’s mouth to his own.

 

As if the listener above heard his request, he heard Hoshi’s voice near them. “Baby, what are you-”

 

Woozi interrupted his sentence with a loud moan, moving his lips down to Mingyu’s jaw and neck. He bit harshly several times and left hickeys for Hoshi to witness and grow furious at. Woozi smiled sadly into Mingyu’s now bare chest when he heard Hoshi run away.

 

Mingyu pushed his forehead back a little. “Hyung, you know he just-”

 

“Hush,” Woozi tiptoed near Mingyu’s lips. “Just do me already.”

 

“As you wish, hyung.”

 

-

 

Woozi smiled weakly as he stared at the white ceiling, his body weakening on the hospital bed. His plan worked. They had broken up shortly after the incident. A week later, Woozi was admitted into special care a few days before his destined passing.

 

Hoshi was gone from his life, and the blonde idiot wouldn’t cry for him anymore.


Even when Woozi’s soul left the world.