Upcoming Regret / Jihan

✤ seventeen otp drabbles ✤

upcoming regret // jihan (jeonghan x jisoo) // words: 671


"Hannie..." Jisoo sighed as he held Jeonghan's hands, sitting on the couch.

 

Shakily, Jeonghan replied. "Yes, is something wrong?"

 

"I...I don't..." Jisoo shook his head. "Never mind."

 

"Come on, what is it?" Jeonghan persisted. "I can take it."

 

"No, I just..." Jisoo let out a sigh before continuing. "I don't feel like our relationship will work anymore."

 

Jeonghan looked straight into his partner's eyes. "What do you mean we won't work anymore?" He laughed. "What has gotten into you, Hong Jisoo? Am I doing anything wrong?"

 

Jisoo held his hands tighter. "It's me." He looked down to the bright red leather of the couch. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I've lost interest in you."

 

Jeonghan scoffed. "You're not serious, right?" Tears were prickling out of both men. "It's been four years already. How could you not want us anymore?"

 

"I honestly-"

 

"Are you seeing someone else now? Is that why?"

 

"Of course not, Jeonghan why would-"

 

"Then why? Why don't you want this relationship anymore?"

 

Jisoo gazed away from Jeonghan's death stare, avoiding any contact.

 

"You know what?" Jeonghan stood up and stared down the younger male. "We've been friends for life, and we've been dating for a while now. Why do you want us to separate now? Jisoo, what do you want from me? Do you want less cuddling, contact, being together at all? I thought you were the one from the moment I freaking met you, but I guess I was wrong. I'll let you to yourself. I'll leave you alone. Is that what you want?!" He was a yelling catastrophe. Jeonghan's face was a mess of tears now. He allowed them to fall on the already stained floor.

 

"I just don't want to be stuck with you for the rest of my life like I wanted before." Jisoo blurted so suddenly. "Things have changed now."

 

"What things? Jisoo, none of that is supposed to matter in this."

 

"Well they do to me." Jisoo heard himself say. "Now leave, I need a break."

 

"Jisoo...why do you want this?" Jeonghan headed towards the apartment door.

 

"Just get out of my sight."

 

Jeonghan opened the door and walked out without looking back. "Hong Jisoo, I thought you really loved me. Goodbye." He slammed the door shut.

 

Jisoo looked up to the mirror on the wall. His face was covered in streams of tears, his eyes all puffy and swollen.

 

He ran towards the mirror and punched it swiftly, causing shards to fly across to the floor and one into his palm. "No, Hyde why?!" He slid his back towards the wall down into the cold wooden floor. "Yoon Jeonghan...my precious Hannie, gone forever."

 

"Cut, that was perfect!" the director called out while wiping his eyes from tears as well. "Excuse me as I fix myself up."

 

When the director left, Jisoo continued to cry with his face tucked in his arms. Should he ever tell Jeonghan that the evil side that he acted was actually real? What would he do if his evil side really got the best of him? What would happen if it really took him over? What if he really told out on Jeonghan like that?

 

What if he wasn't his boyfriend anymore?

 

He was interrupted by the set door suddenly opening with Jeonghan sitting himself on his beloved with his arms around his waist. Both of their breathing was uneven due to the emotional tears that fled.

 

"Jisoo..." Jeonghan whined near his neck. "I honestly thought y-you would really l-leave me. I-It felt s-so real."

 

Jisoo petted his hair. "It r-really did."

 

Jeonghan's breathing rested an inch away from Jisoo's lips. "You would n-never leave me like that, r-right?"

 

"Of course not. I love you so much Yoon Jeonghan." Jisoo closed the space between them and moved his lips with Jeonghan, returning the offer almost immediately. The duo would never leave each other, even if it meant that they would never live the same way again.

 

"I love you too."

 

like I said, short angst with a happy ending. request more short stories~ I'm going to make this a drabble collection ^.^ btw this was just a jihan version of a neo drabble :)