Keo: Flirt

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Ringing sounded from her pocket, Taekwoon stopped and took her phone out. Noticing it was a message from Hakyeon, she went to reply when suddenly the phone was taken out of her hands.

She scowled as she looked up at a grinning Jaehwan, “Give it back!”

Taekwoon reached for her phone only to have Jaehwan teasingly pulled it away from her reach. “You’re really pretty, Taekwoon.” He said, winking.

Taekwoon just responded by punching him in the arm which made Jaehwan agree to giving it back. Taekwoon sent a reply to Hakyeon as Jaehwan rubbed his arm and pouted. “....and really strong. Are you taking boxing lessons again?”

Taekwoon looked up at him from her phone and raised her eyebrow, “Why do you think I take boxing lessons?” She sent right back at him.

Jaehwan straightened up and tried to look at her in the eye, but Taekwoon ignored him by looking back down at the phone. Jaehwan sighed, “You know I’m not a bad guy, Taekwoon. So why not just one date?”

Taekwoon bit her lip softly, she doesn’t like when Jaehwan seems so hurt by her rejections but she can’t really go out with someone she doesn’t like. She put down the phone, “I’m sorry, Jaehwan. But I like someone else.”

She looked up and immediately regretted it. Jaehwan didn’t look like his usual flirty and confident self that he usually is after one of her rejections. Taekwoon has rejected Jaehwan so many times she always expected to see him confidently say he’ll make her fall next time. But now...his smile is sad and there’s something a little different in his eyes. It makes her feel a little bad.

“I guess nothing can be done then. Goodbye, Taekwoon.” Jaehwan then walked off, leaving Taekwoon who felt as if she should pull him back and apologize for lying. She really didn’t have anyone she liked and that made her feel even more guilty.


 

Taekwoon lazily poked her lunch with her chopsticks. Hakyeon looked over at her, “Are you okay?”

Taekwoon nodded, “Yeah, I’m just not hungry today.”

Hakyeon went back to eating and looked around, “You know, I haven’t seen Jaehwan in a week. It’s a new record for him.”

Taekwoon begin to feel even more guilty and remembered how Jaehwan seemed so happy talking to her and teasing her. She remembered his pretty eyes that would crinkle up happily whenever he laughed. She begin to feel worse. “Jaehwan….we may not see him for a while.”

Hakyeon perked up, “Why is that?”

Taekwoon said nothing and stood up to leave.

Walking through the courtyard to class, Taekwoon looked around without thinking. Usually around this time Jaehwan would bounce up to her and offer to walk her to class. She would politely decline and try to walk faster but Jaehwan would always keep up with her, talking about whatever and telling her jokes that Taekwoon would find funny but try to hide her amusement from him. Now standing here in the courtyard surrounded by other students with no sign of a bubbly flirty male, Taekwoon felt suddenly lonely. Maybe Jaehwan wasn’t really bad to have around, as a friend at least.

“Taekwoon, it’s been two weeks now and you still haven’t seen Jaehwan?” Hakyeon asked.

Taekwoon shook her head, sipping on her coffee. Hakyeon sighed and looked over at her, “It’s too bad. Jaehwan really liked you.”

Taekwoon turned to her friend, “He did?” Why did she feel so excited about that?

Hakyeon nodded, drinking her smoothie, “Yeah. I’ve never seen a guy go after you for long knowing how stone cold you are. It’s a miracle he even lasted more than one month. So I thought maybe he really liked you and it seem like you were starting to melt your cold heart.”

Taekwoon nodded, it was true none of the guys that have flirted with her before never lasted over a month. She had never thought about that before…..and she had pushed Jaehwan away so coldly.

Hakyeon smiled, “Are you blushing?”

Taekwoon looked at her surprised and touched her cheek, which felt warm. Why was she blushing?

“I knew it. You like Jaehwan! That’s why you’ve been so down lately.”

Taekwoon wondered if her friend knew her better then she knew herself.


 

Taekwoon peeked past the corner of the building. Jaehwan stood there talking to a pretty girl. The girl was so pretty Taekwoon felt pale in comparison. Seeing the way they laughed together Taekwoon begin to feel bad again, she had never laughed at his jokes with him. Maybe he had moved on….

Taekwoon was about to walk off when she heard Jaehwan call her name. The other girl was nowhere to be seen as he jogged up to her. Taekwoon didn’t realize how much she missed his sunny smile and voice.

“What are you doing near the art building? I thought you were a music student?”

Taekwoon didn’t know what to say. That she missed him so much that she had ended up here somehow. “I...have some business here.”

Jaehwan's bright eyes dimmed a bit and his smile lowered, “Ah, the guy you like, right?” It had been a three weeks since they last talked. Taekwoon realized Hakyeon might’ve been right. Now she felt even worse. “I guess I shouldn’t keep you then.”

Jaehwan turned to leave when Taekwoon, without thinking, held onto his arm to stop him. Jaehwan turned back and Taekwoon let go of his arm when she realize what she had done.

Taekwoon took a deep breath, “Jaehwan, I need to tell you something.” Jaehwan stayed quiet. “I...lied that one time. I didn’t have someone I like, at the time. But...after you left me alone….I missed you.”

Taekwoon’s heart jumped when she saw Jaehwan break out into a grin, “You...like me?”

Taekwoon nodded, flustered and shy. Jaehwan suddenly enveloped her into a hug, she couldn’t believe how warm Jaehwan felt, another minute later he pulled back a bit to place a kiss on her cheek. With how fast her heart is beating, Taekwoon is surprised she is still alive.

Jaehwan hugged her closer, “I’ve waited so long to hear that. I really like you, Taekwoon. I promise you won’t regret it.”

Taekwoon could barely response but was able to whisper, “I like you, Jaehwan.”

In which Jaehwan held her closer in silence. Taekwoon closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of him, she has never felt so safe and warm before.       


 

This isn’t a request but I thought I would upload it anyway. I will be working on the last four requests I have left and may also work on other fics I’ve come up with over time. One of the requests, the huntress and captive one, may take longer than the other requests but, I’ll be sure to work on it. I’ve been trying to put more effort into writing this summer and I’m really enjoying it. As I have time to sit down now without any distractions and just write (especially to write and work on my own stories that are not fanfics).

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments, subscribes, and requests!

I hope you all enjoyed reading!

Comments and requests are always welcomed!