Haken,Wontaek: The Cafe of Love

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Request for Haken (Flirtly Waiter! Ken x Noona! Hakyeon) with Wontaek (Chef! Taekwoon x Wonji (fem. Wonshik))

 

Enjoy!


 

“Taekwoon-hyung, your friend is here again! She wants her usual!” Jaehwan called out to the chef, also the owner of the cafe.

 

Taekwoon never looked up from where he was stirring soup, “Send her away.”

 

“Eh, but why?! She is a loyal customer.” Jaehwan cheekily narrowed his eyes and smiled, “And she is kind of pretty. Do you think you could intr-”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not?” Jaehwan whined.

 


 

“Noona~! Taekwoon won’t introduce me to you~!”

 

Hakyeon daintily took a sip of her banana milk and looked over at Jaehwan raising an eyebrow. “But you know me already.”

 

“I know but I mean as a love interest.” Jaehwan winked.

 

Her heart skipped a beat for a moment. Looking away she tried to calm herself down. “Not happening.”

 

Jaehaan pouted and walked off to take an order at another table.

 

Giggling from opposite of her reminded Hakyeon of the other’s presence. “Wonji, it isn’t funny.”

 

“I know, it’s just that your face is so red.” Wonji continued to .

 

A flustered Hakyeon became defensive. “He always flirts with girls, no matter who it is. I doubt he feels anything special for me.”

 

“Then I wondered why he didn’t try flirting with me?” Wonji took a bite of her chocolate cake her eyes lighting up, “Wow! This is the best cake I’ve ever tasted! It just instantly melts in your mouth!” Wonji begin to savor the taste of the cake not even bothering to tease Hakyeon anymore.

 

Hakyeon sighed and took a big gulp of her banana milk.

 


 

“My friend came with me today.” Hakyeon mentioned after a while, sitting on one of the counters in the kitchen as Taekwoon washed dishes.

 

It had gotten dark outside already and it was past closing time, the usual time when Hakyeon visited her old friend in the back of the cafe to talk to each other.

 

Hakyeon kicked her legs absentmindedly as she stared up at the bright shining lights above, “She really loved your chocolate cake. It took her almost an hour to eat it all.” She turned her attention back to the silent male still washing the dishes as if he wasn’t even listening. But Hakyeon had known him for so long that she knew he would listen even if he didn’t want to.

 

“You have a new friend?”

 

Hakyeon nodded excitedly, “She’s a new dance instructor at my dance center. She is a really amazing dancer. You should come and watch sometime, Taekwoon.”

 

Taekwoon let out a soft sigh as he turned off the water and went on to drying the dishes. “You know how busy I am, Hakyeon. Besides you have your own work place. Though you always end up bothering me during working hours and always distracting Jaehwan at that.”

 

Hakyeon pouted, “My dance center is only open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the afternoons. I always have plenty of time to come and bother you. And besides I’m not distracting Jaehwan, that is his own fault.”

 

Taekwoon turned to her and stared into her eyes, “Jaehwan may be very flirty but he is reliable when he wants to be. Somehow it seems as if Jaehwan has been showering you with special attention lately.”

 

The older girl blushed softly and found herself unable to keep Taekwoon’s silent gaze, “Ah, is that so? I haven’t noticed.”

 

“He keeps asking me questions about you and whenever you're in the cafe he always goes straight to you. It’s almost annoying but knowing his personality it’s very odd that he would keep looking to you.” Hakyeon raised her eyes to his and came face to face with Taekwoon’s soft smirk, “I really think he is interested in you, Hakyeon.”

 

Hakyeon blushed madly at the accusation. Stuttering, “I-I don’t know wh-what you mean!” She looked away from him, down at the ground.

 

She could hear the light chuckle coming from Taekwoon as he finished up washing the dishes.

 


 

“Hey, Hakyeon.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You know the cook right?”

 

Hakyeon looked over at the younger girl who was currently doing stretches before their dance students arrived.

 

“Yes, he is an old friend of mine. Why?”

 

Wonji looked up excitedly, “Can I meet? I want tell him how much I love his cooking.”

 

“Well… he is pretty shy but I’ll still introduce you.” Hakyeon crossed her arms, “Why are you so excited about food anyway?”

 

Wonji blushed softly, “Well….I’ve always had an interest in cooking. If it wasn’t for my passion and talent for dancing, I would've probably gone to school to become a chef.”

 

“Why didn’t you?”

 

“Well mostly because of not enough money and I’m secretly terrible at cooking.”

 

“I thought you said you’ve an interest in cooking.”

 

“I like it but I can’t cook.”

 

“Maybe you should’ve been a food critic instead.”

 

“Hmm maybe.”

 


 

“Hakyeon, you’re late.”

 

“Huh?” The cafe door closed behind them as Taekwoon took Hakyeon’s wrist without another word, leading her to the back as Wonji followed. “What’s going on, Taekwoon?” Hakyeon asked as Taekwoon slipped a waitress apron on her and begin to tie it.

 

“We’re busy and Jaehwan needs help ordering.”

 

“Um?”

 

Taekwoon looked up at the other girl standing shyly. “Who is this?”

 

“Oh, this is Kim Wonji, my new friend I told you about.” Hakyeon grinned standing next to her.

 

Taekwoon pointed to her, “You’ll help me in the kitchen then.”

 

“I don’t know if I can…”

 

Hakyeon patted her on the back, leaning to whisper in her ear, “Now is your chance to get to know him better. Plus, you may learn something about cooking.”

 

Wonji blushed, “Okay, since you're so busy I guess I’ll help.”

 

Hakyeon smiled, “Good luck.”

 

Wonji nodded, walking over to the waiting Taekwoon shyly.

 


 

Wonji stared at the egg in her hands, blinking slowly.

 

“Haven’t you ever cracked an egg before?” Taekwoon asked.

 

Wonji shook her head softly still looking down at it. Maybe she could figure it out since she seen a lot of cooking shows but…..Hakyeon didn’t tell her the cook was this handsome! She could barely look up at him without feeling suddenly distracted and clumsy.

 

“Here I’ll do it.” Taekwoon took the egg from her hands and cracking it into a bowl in one swift motion, checking to make sure no egg shells had gotten in.

 

Wonji watched in awe. Taekwoon was such a amazing cook, nothing like she was.

 

“This needs two eggs.” He turned to her, holding out another egg. “Do you want to try?”

 

Wonji nodded as she accepted the egg. Standing close to the bowl she did what Taekwoon had done previously. The yolk falling into the bowl. Wonji felt a little proud that she did that without incident.

 

“It’s good for your first try,” Wonji felt her heart swell at the compliment, “but you let some of the egg shells fall in.”

 

Wonji felt a little disheartened at the comment, until she felt a hand softly pat her on the shoulder. Looking up, she found Taekwoon smiling softly at her. “Don’t worry so much, even I make simple mistakes like that from time to time.”

 

Wonji blushed softly, wondering what this feeling was all of the sudden.

 

“For now, could you stand back and just give me the ingredients when I need them.”

 

Wonji smiled, “Sure!”

 


 

“So you decided to join me?” Jaehwan grinned as the older pushed past to a waiting table.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Jaehwan couldn’t help notice the soft blush on her pretty face. He smiled, knowing he was getting to her.

 

Hakyeon had helped Taekwoon in the past with kitchen and waitress duty, but never had to work with Jaehwan before.

 

She sneaked a peek over at Jaehwan who was getting the order of a table full of three women.

 

“Do you prefer older women or younger?” One of the women asked.

 

Hakyeon really didn’t want to listen in on the conversation but she really couldn’t help wanting to know his answer.

 

Jaehwan winked at them, “That depends. I think as long as they are really pretty, it doesn’t matter.”

 

The girls were sent into giggles.

 

Hakyeon gripped onto her pen so hard she could probably snap it in half. Why does it even matter if Jaehwan likes pretty girls or not….at least she has a chance. No, what is she thinking, Jaehwan would never see her in that way. Besides he only flirts with her because he likes to ….yeah that’s the reason.

 

“Uh, excuse me, Miss?” Hakyeon turned her attention to the couple in front of her, a tall blonde girl and a very handsome man.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Hakyeon smiled at them, “What was it again?”

 

Before the handsome man could tell her their order. She heard the last thing she wanted to hear.

 

“So are you seeing someone right now?”

 

Jaehwan laughed softly, “Well…”

 

Hakyeon frowned and bowed politely in front of the customers. “Excuse me for a second.”

 

The couple watched as the waitress walked off to pull the waiter off somewhere.

 

“This sure is a strange cafe.” The blonde girl said.

 

Her boyfriend nodded, agreeing with her.

 

“So why are we in a storage closet?” Jaehwan grinned, “Oh, Noona, you're so naughty.”

 

Hakyeon blushed bright red, “It’s not like that! I just feel like you should realize that now is the time for work and not flirting with girls.”

 

Jaehwan smirked, “Are you jealous, Noona?”

 

“Jea-jealous!? Me?” Hakyeon turned away, her cheeks red. “No!”

 

Jaehwan turned her to face him, leaning in close he placed a kiss on her cheek. Hakyeon thought in that moment Jaehwan would be able to hear her pounding heart.

 

Hiding her own feelings has always been hard to do, especially when she tends to spout out everything when she is not in her right mind. “Jaehwan, you know you should respect your elders more! What is with that childish kiss?”

 

Hakyeon wavered as she realized her words. Jaehwan was equally surprised but actually happy at her words. “Okay, I’ll show you some respect, Noona.”

 

Hakyeon found Jaehwan leaning in closer and she didn’t have any reason to push him away. After all she has liked Jaehwan for awhile now.

 

As his lips pressed against hers, their eyes closing in time with each others. Hakyeon found this was everything she had dreamed of and felt him pulling her closer by the waist as she pulled him closer by his shirt. Their hearts beating in their chests so fast as they let all thier feelings out in that one kiss.

 

It was a while later when they parted, their foreheads so close together as they smiled so cutely together.

 

“Does this mean…”

 

Before Jaehwan could finish, Hakyeon pulled him down so she could kiss those plump and soft lips of his again.

 

Breaking away, Hakyeon gave him a breathtaking smile, “Now you can go tell all those girls that your girlfriend is the amazing dancer Hakyeon and if she ever catches them flirting with you again, they will have something coming.”

 

Jaehwan grinned, “So you were jealous. You're so cute when you're jealous, Noona.”

 

Hakyeon pouted, “It’s not Noona, it’s Hakyeon.”

 

“Hakyeon, can I have the pleasure of another kiss?”

 

Hakyeon would’ve really accepted his offer if it wasn’t for them not having the time right now.

 

“Sorry, Jaehwan. We have to go take care of customers.”

 

Jaehwan winked, “Maybe later?”

 

Hakyeon nodded, blushing at the thought of later.

 


 

“You really did great today, Wonji.” Taekwoon said, smiling softly at the girl.

 

Wonji averted her eyes, blushing. “It wasn’t much.”

 

“Do you cook a lot? You seemed pretty good with the knowledge of ingredients and utensils.”

 

Wonji shook her head softly, “No. I’ve been interested in cooking but I’m not very good. I usually watch a lot of cooking shows though.”

 

“I see. Well you really helped me out today. If you want you can always come and help me in the kitchen on your days off. I’m a little short staffed so it would be much appreciated. Plus, I can teach you how to cook, if you want?”

 

Wonji looked up at Taekwoon the way a puppy would at it’s owner, “Really? I would love that so much!”

 

Taekwoon blushed at her cute excited expression thinking it wouldn’t be bad to have someone like her around.

 


 

I wasn’t really sure how to end it so the ending ended up like that (I'm pretty bad at endings). This was a request for Flirty Waiter! Ken paired up with Noona! Hakyeon. With Chef! Taekwoon and Wonji (Fem. Wonshik). I hoped I wrote it to your liking. Also there is a slight appearance of Hyukbin is this fic, if you can spot it. College is coming up soon, so I'll probably be just focusing on my Uni. Series and other requests I have yet to finish before my summer is over.

Thanks to everyone who reads, subscribes, and comments!

I hope you all enjoyed reading!

 

Requests and Comments are always welcomed! And you can always follow me and message me at my personal tumblr: Starlightkat24 or my writing tumblr blog: tales-from-blizzard-the-kat.