Chabin: A Good Morning (Valentine's Special)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Hongbin shuffled slightly in the warm covers, his arms wrapped around his wife’s waist. He pulled her closer until her back hit his bare chest and he snuggled deeper into her warmth.

He felt the soft fingers gently touching his hands on her waist. “Hongbin, I have to get up soon. I have to make breakfast and get ready for work.”

Her younger husband tightened the hold on her. “Just a few more minutes.” He murmured.

Hakyeon laughed softly, ringing in his ears like the joyful sound of birdsong. She turned around in his hold. Hongbin opened his eyes sleepily just as she gently placed her hands on his cheeks, leaning up to gently kiss his nose. “I would like that too but, I have to get up now, Hongbin.” She lovingly moved a strand of hair out of his eyes.  

Hongbin would love to embrace this warm moment forever, but he knew he couldn’t. “Fine. But I’m making breakfast today.” He leaned down to kiss her forehead. “You can go take your sweet time in the shower and getting dress.”

“Thank you.” They shared one sweet kiss, before he reluctantly let her get up and out of bed. Hakyeon’s long black hair messy but still beautiful in his sight. One of her straps from her night gown falling from her pretty tan shoulder. Hongbin never got tired of seeing her every morning like this.

While Hakyeon went to take a shower in their shared bathroom. Hongbin braved the cold as he got out of bed and pulled on a shirt and comfortable sweatpants.

He entered the kitchen with a loud yawn and the light. The light blinding his eyes for a bit before they adjusted. He then decided to cook some easy pancakes. He truly couldn’t cook that well but, he knew a few things.

A few minutes into his fourth one he heard feet padding into the kitchen. He turned to see it was Taekwoon, their oldest child who is now a senior in high school. The two of them still can’t believe she’s all grown up now.  

Taekwoon walked until she stood next to him peering down sleepily at the pancakes. Her black hair pulled into a lazy side ponytail that laid against her right shoulder, wearing her school uniform. She quietly took one of the pancakes he had made previously, all of them slightly burnt, and went to sit at the table. She pulled her phone out a moment later, typing on the device.

Hongbin was just about to start making conservation when a loud voice flooded into the room. “I’m hungry~!”

Hongbin lit up into a bright smile as his youngest daughter walked into the kitchen. Jaehwa looked cute in her chin length hair and middle school uniform, though Hongbin thinks she’ll always be their cute little girl.

At that exact moment Hakyeon came in and hugged her youngest daughter, “Your father is making pancakes. Go sit at the table and I’ll put something special on it for you.”

Jaehwa immediately sat at the table beside Taekwoon and immediately begin to bug her older sister. They were complete opposites but both got along just fine.

Hakyeon stood beside him now and begin to cut up some fruits to put on Jaehwa’s pancake. They snuck in a small kiss when the kids weren’t looking.

“Hongbin, you can leave the cooking to me now. Go wake up Wonshik and Sanghyuk. You know, how they hard they are to wake up.”

Hongbin put down the fifth pancake onto to a plate, “Okay. There’s one more that needs to be cooked. I’ll leave it to you then.” They gave each other a small peck before Hongbin walked out and into the hall leading to his sons room.

From outside the door he could already hear Wonshik’s snores and he wondered how Sanghyuk could sleep through it.

Hongbin slowly opened the door, peeking into to see his two sons, Sanghyuk and Wonshik sleeping. Wonshik’s snores were louder now and Sanghyuk is sleeping in a strange position. Hongbin didn’t feel like he should wake them up but, it was a school day. He walked over to their bunk bed and decided to wake up Sanghyuk first.

Hongbin touched Sanghyuk on the shoulder and started to lightly shake him, “Sanghyuk, time for school.”

Sanghyuk groaned softly and pulled away from his touch. Hongbin frowned, “Guess you won’t be getting any breakfast..”

Sanghyuk sat up suddenly and sleepily looked over at his father, “I’m up.” His youngest son yawned loudly and crawled out of bed. Hongbin smiled fondly as he watched him head for the bathroom. He then wondered when Sanghyuk had grown taller, when he had just started middle school.

Hongbin didn’t think too much about as he looked up at the top bunk where his older son was still sleeping soundly. Wonshik is a good son. He gets good grades and has a nice personality. Only he is going through this ‘phase’, as they like to call it, where he wants to family to call him Ravi now and likes to write raps. Hongbin thinks it’s a good thing for him to have a dream.

“Wonshik, wake up! It’s time for school!” Hongbin waited for a response that never came.

Just then Jaehwa bounced into the room, “I can wake him up.” She then proceeded to let out a loud rooster call.

When Hongbin looks back up he finds Wonshik smiling affectionately and sleepily at his younger sister, “You’re so cute, Jaehwa.”

Jaehwa just rolled her eyes, already use to how affectionate he is to her. “Get up already! Do you want to walk alone to school!” Jaehwa walked out and Wonshik quickly followed.

Hongbin felt just a little happy that his kids got along so well.

When he entered the kitchen again, Wonshik and Sanghyuk were wolfing down their pancakes while Hakyeon made sure the girls were ready to go. Hongbin made sure to wish his kids good luck and to be careful as they headed out the door.

Once the door closed behind them, the silence washed over the two of them and it felt unusual. Hakyeon smiled and hugged him. After all these years of their marriage it still felt bittersweet seeing her off to work every morning hoping she’ll return safely every evening. Hakyeon teaches dance for a living while Hongbin works as a photographer. He remembers that day when he caught sight of that beautiful dancer and even joined one of her classes just to get to know her better. He never would've thought they would end up married with four lovely children. And Hongbin knows he would never trade it for anything in the world.

Hongbin leaned down to nuzzle their noses together, his hands wrapping around her waist. “I love you.”

Hakyeon leaned closer to capture his lips in a passionate kiss. When she leaned back to grace him with a sweet smile his heart swelled with happiness. “I love you.” She leaned up again to peck him on the lips.Before she walked out the door, Hongbin call to her to be careful.

As the door finally closed, Hongbin walked into the kitchen to finally eat and maybe get some cleaning done today.

 


 A fluffy and soft chabin family for valentine's day. I know it’s not a very valentine's fic but I had nothing else. (And it’s not really valentine’s day for me yet but over on the other side of the world it already is.) I’m busy with college so requests will take longer to write and I’ll only update occasionally now with whatever I end up finishing.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Thank you to all my subscribers, commenters, and readers!

Comments are always appreciated!