Commander and Ace

Undeniable Chemistry

"Do I look that easy to some people?" Ji Hyo whispered softly as she laid down onto Dong Wook's chest. She needed a break so the only place she could go was his house, they've been stuck there for hours - not moving from the bed at all. "I mean, have I always looked so easy to people? To the point that they can threaten me?" Considering that this is not once but twice that a person has used their harsh words to threatened her, she really doesn't understand if she is someone considered as easy and basically what they call a doormat.

 
Dong Wook chuckled a bit as he tapped onto her back as a way to soothe her. "Are you kidding me? Song Ji Hyo? The super Ace is someone easy? No way." 
 
She appreciated that he chose to joke around to make her feel better but she really needed an honest answer. It has been a week since the article scandal been released and the storm hasn't ended yet. With fear running down her body, she hasn't stepped foot into her agency building. Who knows what the heck people inside there would say or tell her what to do. On her behalf, they've released a sort of simple statement to try and ease the attention but it really only made it worse. She remembered she read the statement in her head and groaned at Baek Chang Soo's choice of words for it. As a representative of Song Ji Hyo, we have no say on who she decides to date. As the article is just pure rumors from the start, please still look after her well. In what world was that the right choice of words for an article that is basically calling her out as a home wrecker?  
 
"I don't think I am strong enough to handle another week of this." She said honestly as she silently wiped away the tears before Dong Wook could sense that she was crying again. She didn't want him see her crying anymore. After that day with Eun Hye, the whole week has been a constant mess. Not only does she have to deal with the crew members and even some of the cast pointing and talking behind her back but she has to worry if Do Hyun's name is going to pop out of their mouths. She can't even go online without shaking because of the fear of seeing Do Hyun's name on the searching list. Nothing of that kind of sort had happened yet but the fear of it happening - it's killing her. It really bothers her that she has to deal with two crazy people on her own. Just what is wrong with these 'Goong' main characters? Did they hit their head somewhere in the past and decided to get petty revenge years later? What a joke.
 
But there is something that Ji Hyo can't get out of her head though. When she was standing with Yoon Eun Hye in the living room that day - there was something off about her. And it's not even mental wise that she is thinking about because well, there is no doubt that there is something wrong there. It's her physical condition that Ji Hyo can't seem to stop thinking about - there was definitely something off but she just can't figure out what it is. 
 
The sound of Dong Wook's voice broke her away from her thoughts. "It's not that you're not strong enough, it's because you don't believe you are." He sat up on the bed, causing Ji Hyo to sit up too and lean onto his shoulder. "I don't know what you're hiding from me," that was definitely surprising, she looked at him with widened eyes. "Don't look at me like that. You think I don't know my best friend? Since that day when Yoon Eun Hye came, you've been totally off. It's as if your scared about something and I can understand that you don't want to tell me yet, that's okay." He looked at her and smiled. "I can wait, I will always wait. What you need to worry about is yourself right now."
 
"Why?"
 
Dong Wook brushed some hair aside for her as he spoke. "Because I am going to wait for that strong and brave Song Ji Hyo to come back. And it's okay if it takes forever. She is scared and trembling from fear right now but I will wait for that best friend of mine no matter what. The only way to do so is for her to take a breather and settle down amidst of the chaos. To learn and understand herself before anyone else." He propped his chin onto her head as she leaned closer to hug him and lean onto his chest. "The most important thing right now is - yourself, Ji Hyo." 
 
. . . 
 
Jong Kook looked up at his hyungs and dongsaengs with an apologetic expression on his face. He can't even begin on how he feels toward the members. "I'm sorry," he started off first. "Everything became insane and I never had time to meet you guys." It has been a crazy week for him. Not only did he have to worry about his album recording, variety guest appearances, and occasional comments for the radio but he never had time to settle down and think on his own. Everything has been hectic with no rest. And since today is the first day for him to actually rest, he called up the members to apologize. "I don't even know where to begin.."
 
"You don't have to say sorry to us," Jae Suk reassured him while patting his shoulder. "Nothing is your fault and certainly not Ji Hyo's fault. You guys can't help it if there was a reporter there sneaking photos and stuff." He shake his head as he exhaled deeply. "Those kind of people are everywhere." 
 
Ji Suk Jin nodded his head in agreement. "Listen to us, take a breath and relax. The reason why the PD cancelled another filming was because of scheduling conflicts not because of you and Ji Hyo. If anything, we're the ones that understand you two the most out of everyone." 
 
Gary took a sip of his energy drink as he listened to the conversation. "Hyung, it will die down sooner or later." There was a sullen expression on everybody's faces after Gary spoke. A part of them knew that something like this will never die down unless there is a legitimate statement or some bigger entertainment news than this. With the whole nation thinking that Jong Kook is a cheating man, they can handle him still being on camera or whatever. With Ji Hyo, it's a much more complicated scenario. As a woman, the whole nation is currently on a ruckus to have her drama off air. People are claiming they don't want to watch a drama that has a woman who is willing to break up a relationship on tv. Which makes everything more ironic because most dramas are about women and men trying to sneak their way into forbidden relationships. "Or not.."
 
Haha and Kwang Soo sat in silence as they listened to their hyungs trying to make the best out of this lunch - making conversations to distract Jong Kook from thinking about the incident. They both want to say something to make each one of them feel better about the situation. Sadly, they've got nothing. The only thing running on their minds right now is Song Ji Hyo and how she is actually doing. 
 
. . . 
 
"Alright, good scene!" The director clapped his hands and walked over to Ji Hoon. "Get fresh for the scene taking place outside, we'll be there waiting for you." The director stopped talking and looked over at Ji Hyo, who stood still as she wait for instructions on what to do. "You're done for the day." Without even a glance at her any longer, he walked away and smiled at Ji Hoon one last time. 
 
Ji Hoon looked over at her with a grin on his face. "Looks like your stardom didn't last long. Well, at least the favorable stardom is gone. There is just negativity everywhere around you!" 
 
Not even bothering to reply to his nonsense, Ji Hyo made her way over to the dressing room but halted her steps when she saw that the door has been vandalized. Everywhere on the door were hurtful and horrible words written on it. She closed her eye and exhaled deeply before she opened the door to change her clothes. Just as she reached over to the clothes, something from the floor caused her to trip and fall flat onto the ground. Groaning from the pain, she looked down to see it was the script for the next episode. The person who was in charge of giving it to her didn't even try to place it nicely in the room. 
 
Ji Hoon stood at the doorway having to witness her fall. He was going to walk away and ignore it but sighed and made his way over to her. With his hand gripping onto her arm, he helped her up. "Are you hurt?" He checked her up and down to make sure she wasn't bleeding anymore. 
 
She snatched her arm back and exhaled. "You can leave."
 
"Only wanted to help." He drew a deep breath and cleared his throat as he backed away to give her space. "I can be a decent human being if I want."
 
Ji Hyo picked up the script from the floor and shoved it into her purse. "Let's see if you could keep it up." She rubbed her eyes as she took off her high heels. "If you don't mind.." 
 
Ji Hoon stood still blinking continuously, unable to understand what she is talking about until he realized that she is indicating that she needs to change. "Oh!" Just as he was about to walk out the dressing room, he paused and turned around briefly. "Since I was kind enough to help you up, that little offer about Do Hyun..." She knew it, he could never stay as decent human being for more than thirty seconds. Just as she was about throw her high heel at him, Ji Hoon walked closer. "Don't you see what's happening to you? If this could happen to you for something that never even happened in the first place. How do you think they'll react about our kid? Do you really think they're going to accept it and let you carry on with your career? There's a fine line for actors lying as job but when an actor lie and get caught about their personal life - it's an open gate of hell ahead for you." 
 
"And what do you expect me to do?!" She screamed as she looked up at him. Her patience has finally erupted after hours of being on the same set with people talking about her. Tear b against her eyes as she clenched onto the shirt that she was going to change into. "Remove my own son from my life?! Do you not understand, Ji Hoon? That little boy is my life! He goes around the house dancing and singing as if he is living the best life in the world. I know! I know!" Her lips quivered as she felt her heart racing. "A word about him and it's over. Not my career but that little simple life he lives. People are going to talk about him, treat him as if he's nothing. And do you know what's going to hurt more than losing my career? His laugh, his smile, his little innocence aura that he carries around! It's going to be ruined because of me!" Her eyes were shifting left and right as the realization hit her. It's as if a thousand rocks landed on her and she just can't seem to escape from it. "This is my fault, it's all my fault. If I hadn't kept him a secret, If I hadn't chose to continue acting then this wouldn't happen. My life would've been peaceful and even possibly better if I didn't keep him a secret. If I had a sense of bravery in me and decided to just say that I'm pregnant and leave the acting life - this wouldn't happen. This is my fault.."
 
Ji Hoon stood in silence as he watched Song Ji Hyo, the woman who held up so much courage in front of him has broken down. He has seen her cry before even the night when he surprised her at her parent's house, she cried. But this crying was different. It was the tears of disappointment and fear, he could tell. Never has seen her be like this, she didn't even cry when he kicked her out of the van that night. Unknowingly, he walked over to her and helped her to calm down. "You're wrong, Song Ji Hyo." She looked up at him with painful and glossy eyes as he talked. "This isn't you're fault. If anything, you're the most bravest person I know. I've never said this before because maybe a part of me is ashamed of what I've done. But you took care of our child by yourself - you taught him things that I never did, you showed him the way to act toward people when I couldn't. Regardless of the risk, you still had him. Not for you but you had him because you knew it was the right thing to do." Ji Hoon wiped her tears away. "Listen to me because this is the last time I will ever say this. Whatever you're feeling about what you've done wrong - erase it from your life. You never did anything wrong. The only thing that you did was meeting y people like me in your life. So what do you think you should do about it? Continue to live your life and ignore what people think of you. Make the best of the situation and don't live in fear." He backed away from her since he felt that he was already getting too close. "I know that I said that I'll get him no matter what but sometimes a part of me is scared." Ji Hyo watched as he cleared his throat and bit his lip, trying to gather the words to say. "I'm scared that he'll hate me and don't accept me as a father when he grows up. You're right. He is living a life of full innocence and laughter - we shouldn't ruin that. And you shouldn't let other people try to ruin it either." 
 
Ji Hyo watched as he picked up the shirt that she dropped and put it around her neck and smiled softly. "Why are you suddenly so different?" 
 
"Don't get used to it, buddy. This whole little conversation was a one time deal." Ji Hoon walked out the door but came back seconds later. "And one more thing. If you're really going to let Yoon Eun Hye mess with your life, you're definitely not an ace. I mean, come on! That's Yoon Eun Hye!"
 
She looked at him with confusion. "How did you know it was her?"
 
Ji Hoon chuckled as he fixed his shirt. "Really? A sudden break up news and out of nowhere an article came out about a love triangle? That's such a basic move. I don't know what she is doing or what she is thinking but very dumb move on her part." Speaking of the person that probably has done worst. "And although we haven't seen each other in a while but I still know you. What that article and comments is saying about you, anyone who knows you - knows it isn't true." 
 
. . . 
 
Jong Kook watched as Do Hyun continued to play with his toys in the corner of the room, smiling and laughing to himself. It's kind of a relaxing sight to see. When you're in the middle of a chaos and come home to someone who is so oblivious to the world, always happy - it reminds you that not the whole world is not that. He walked over to the fridge to get a bottle of water out when he saw the picture that Ji Hyo had ripped up on the floor. Completely confused by this, he picked up the ripped pieces and looked over at Do Hyun. "Where did you find this?" 
 
"In your room." Do Hyun replied while putting his toys away. "I wanted to fix it but I couldn't. I don't like puzzles."
 
He put the pieces onto the kitchen counter and looked at him. "Did you want to fix it to give it back to your mom? Or did you..."
 
"I wanted to see how my dad look like again..." Jong Kook halted his steps and looked at the kid with shock and confusion spreading on his face. "Ahjussi..." He stood up and sat on the end of the couch as he looked up at Jong Kook. "Can I talk to you?" 
 
"Of course. What is it that you want to talk about, kiddo?"
 
Do Hyun has always been the little kid that brought laughter in the room with his innocent soul and big heart. Whatever small thing that the adults could do to make his day better, it's as if it's the best thing in the world for him. "I'm not mad at you."
 
Jong Kook stared at him with his eyebrows furrowed together. "Okay..."
 
"Nothing that is happening is your fault," The change of tone in the little kid's voice surprised him as he listened to him further. "You've been nice to us for the whole month. I've seen my mom being happy more than I ever had." Do Hyun continued to play with the robot in his hand as he talked. "But I've seen her cry more that I ever did in this whole week..."
 
"Do Hyun-ah..." Jong Kook start to say but stopped when he dropped the toy robot on the floor.
 
"I think it's time for me to stop." Do Hyun said as he slightly smiled at Jong Kook. "It's time for me to be a commander like you." 
 
"I don't understand what you're trying to say..." The more he was listening to this little bundle of joy kid talk, the more he realized that this kid knows more than he showed them. "What do you know?" 
 
Do Hyun stared at the ground. "Everything."
 
. . .
 

Jong Kook walked out of his bedroom and started walking over to the kitchen but stopped when he noticed Ji Hyo standing blankly there. She wasn't doing anything except looking at the ground as she fidgeted with her hands. She must've just came back from filming her drama. A lot of things have changed between them within the week that passed.  

 
Ji Hyo has been a lot more quiet around him. Despite living together, she would dodge him by leaving to the other room or talk very little to him. He understands that she was either worried or scared about what's going on but he would lying to himself if he didn't say that it was hurting him. He wanted to tell her that he's sorry for what is happening and try to make it go away but he can't. There is nothing he could do to ease the pain of the whole nation thinking that you're a traitor or cheater. The bright smile that she usually carries around has dimmed out. Nowadays, the reporters would wait for her after filming and she would be attacked no matter where she goes. Seeing this unfolding in front of the television is heartbreaking for him. Just what can he do to make her feel better?
 
"Ji Hyo.." She looked up from the ground and slightly smiled at him. "I think you should go talk to Do Hyun. There is something important that he wants to tell you."
 
"Really?" Ji Hyo nodded her head and as she made her way over to the room. She stopped and looked at Jong Kook. "Do you think Eun Hye is a good person?"
 
That was a question out of nowhere. "Yes." He said without any hesitation. "Of course, there are some faults with her but she is the type of person who will do anything to get what she wants. I guess that's what you call someone striving to do her best." 
 
"How is she as a person when she is scared?" 
 
"Scared?" Jong Kook thought back to the moment on how Eun Hye was like when she thought she was pregnant. "She would be frantic and would do anything to make her feel better." He looked at Ji Hyo, wondering why she is asking all these weird questions. For the first time in a while when they're able to talk to each other, she is going to ask about Yoon Eun Hye? "But she was young back then, I bet she has changed for the better."
 
Ji Hyo shrugged her shoulders. "I bet she did." Not having the heart to tell him on what she thinks is happening or even on who Eun Hye really is - she walked inside the bedroom and smiled at Do Hyun. "Heard that you wanted to tell me something important?" She sat on the bed next to him, brushing his hair aside. "Do you want more food or something?" 
 
"Aniyo," Do Hyun replied before he turned to face his mom. "Omma." 
 
"Yes?" 
 
"Do you remember when you said that you would do anything for me?" Before she could reply, Do Hyun looked up with tears b against his eyes. "I want you to stop trying to protect me like how I am going to stop pretending to be the perfect son. Omma, I'm not scared about what's going to happen to me if people know about me. I think I will be very happy when people find out that I am your son. I don't care if they say anything bad because it never mattered to me." 
 
This is like seeing a whole different person after knowing - no, raising them for so many years. Ji Hyo's eyes widened at a sudden thought, he is definitely Ji Hoon's kid. "Do Hyun-ah..." Who is she listening to right now? 
 
"I want my mom back," he continued talking despite her saying his name. "And I'm not talking about the mom that has been coming home and crying everyday. I want the mom that I get to watch on tv - being an ace about everything she does and knows. The mom that I love is someone who has always put herself last and it never bothered her. The mom that I love is someone who comes home and have this smile on her face, making me laugh with the best jokes she could come out of - when they're not even funny in the first place. And the mom that I love is someone who wouldn't take fear as an answer. She isn't someone that is going to let something so minor ruin her life." He takes a deep breath and smiled. "Because all the things I love about her shows how much of a caring, fearless and amazing mom she is." Do Hyun knew that the way he talks is surprising her because he would never speak like this on a regular basis with her. The truth is, he is an eight year old that has been knowing what has really been going on. He knows that his mom kept him a secret because she wanted to protect him. She wanted him to live a nice and fulfill simple life as she work hard to earn money for him to be happy. Although she takes him as a major part of her life but honestly, he feels as if he deserves to be minor part of her life. Not because that he doesn't feel loved by her - it's because he feels as if he has been too much of a part in her life. She worries too much about wanting to protect him when she never realized that he never cared. "Omma, maybe being scared for me is something that mothers do because it's a part of what makes family a true family. There is timeline on when to keep being scared and it's time to stop. I'm not a little kid no more. I'm almost nine, I think I can handle if people talk about me."
 
"If I'm not able to handle it, how are you able to?" 
 
Do Hyun smiled. "Because I am the commander, I can handle anything and it's my job to protect for who I care about. It's not your job to protect me anymore by keeping the secret. It's my turn to take care of you. And the first thing that we have to do is.." She looked at him, waiting to see what he is going to say. "Reveal about who I am." He held onto his mom's hand and smiled. "If people talk about us, let them. You know why?"
 
Ji Hyo couldn't help but smile, an actual genuine smile. "Why is that?"
 
"We're Commander and Ace, Omma." 
 
. . .
 
Jae Suk entered the restaurant with a worrisome expression on his face as he stared at everyone on the huge room. Two days ago, he received a phone call from Jong Kook - telling him to meet up at the restaurant. Considering that it doesn't seem to be a time to meet up this late at night with everything that was going on, it really makes him wonder just what exactly is the occasion. "Hyung!"
 
"Oh, Jae Suk!" Suk Jin walked over to him with Kwang Soo besides them as he looked around the place. "What's going on? It seems like it's a big deal." 
 
"Jong Kook set thing whole thing up? It looks like he called everyone to come over for something." Jae Suk fixed his glasses as he smiled and greeted toward the people surrounding them. 
 
Haha appeared with Dream in his arms. "Jong Kook hyung? Ji Hyo was the one that called me." He nodded his head over to where Byul was as she was busy greeting to the crew. "She even asked me to bring my wife." 
 
Jae Suk and Suk Jin looked confused. "Ji Hyo?" It's been so long since they have seen her that the thought that she would also be here is almost a sign of relief. As the two older oppas, they wanted to call her and ask how she is doing but they wanted to give her some time on her own. "Should we take our seats then?" 
 
Kwang Soo pointed over to the table where Gary is already sitting. "Hyung, let's sit there." Just as they were heading toward the table, the sound of the television caused them to stop.
 
Actress Song Ji Hyo has been making headlines for the recent scandal from the article that was released a week ago. Although there was a statement given by her agency, she had decided to come out clean today by posting a SNS message through their account. With a strong denial toward the rumors of the love triangle, she made a promise to always keep telling the truth no matter what the circumstances are. Seems like a lie? That is exactly what we thought until she posted a bombshell of a secret on us. I guess we don't have to worry about the recent scandal anymore. It has been confirmed through herself that Song Ji Hyo has an eight year old son under her family surname, Cheon Do Hyun. As surprising as that is, doesn't it make you wonder about one thing? Who is the father? Stay turned for more news. 
 
Everyone in the restaurant became deadly silent after hearing the news. No one knew what to say or how to react on something like this. Especially when you have been knowing the person for more than five years. The sound of the front door opening caused some people to jump in surprise. They turned to see that it was Ji Hyo and Jong Kook entering the restaurant
 
Sensing the tension on the room, she knew that the late entertainment news has finally been released about her. She looked at everyone in the room and smiled kindly, she was honestly a little nervous to do this. She could feel her heart beating so fast from the cold sweat running down her body. Suddenly, she felt someone grabbing onto her hand - squeezing it slightly to make her feel better. Looking up to see that it was Jong Kook trying to soothe her, she couldn't help but smile back at him. Exhaling deeply, she turned back toward her running man family. "Everyone, I would like you to meet my son." She took his hand and brought him out from the shadows, letting his face appear. "This is Do Hyun.
 
. . . 
 
(Author's Note): 
 
Sorry if the chapter is a bit off for you guys, I tried my best. I think I'm going to take a break for tomorrow. If I don't post, I do apologize! I'm sorry if there were any mistakes. We will see what will happen since I don't know if I am able to write anything for tomorrow. I've been posting nine chapters straight without a break, I think it's time for one xD anyways, thank you so much for the comments on the previous comments! I love to see that you guys are pretty much divided on some things. Now that everything is out on the open, let the love begin! Hahah! Your comments mean everything to me so please do keep supporting me! Please comment and subscribe! Thank you for reading! (: