Did You Love Her?

Undeniable Chemistry

Jong Kook went back and forth between his closet and over to the mirror. Black t-shirt, white t-shirt, black sleeveless top, white sleeveless top. He leaned against the wall, throwing the clothing in his hand over to the corner. Why on earth does he only have these type of clothing? He knew when his mother complained about not having various type of other clothing was going to bite him in the . His eyes adverted over to the clock on the wall, there is only two hours left.

Today marks the first date that he and Ji Hyo will be going on. It has only been two weeks since they both agreed on dating. Despite it being two weeks, they've both been so busy with their work that they haven't really done anything that would be called dating worthy. Today is the only day available for the both of them, making use of the only time they have - Jong Kook has made reservation at Hong Suk Chun's restaurant. The notorious place that celebrities go to hide their relationship, Suk Chun would probably be bummed out that Jong Kook is dating now.

"Hyung!" Jong Kook walked out of his bedroom to see Kwang Soo balancing two six pack in his arms as he walked into the house. "Help me!"

"What are you doing here?" Jong Kook asked as he helped out with the beer cans, putting it on the countertop of  the kitchen. "Aren't you supposed to be at your drama's script reading?" He watched as Kwang Soo collasped onto the couch, breathing heavily in and out. "If you're planning to have a guy's night, I won't be here."

His eyes widened. "Why?! Friday is always our night!" Kwang Soo said loudly. "Joong Ki is able to come tonight after bailing out on us so many times."

Jong Kook shyly put his hand behind the back of his neck as he cleared his throat. "I...." he took a deep breath and showed a small smile. "I'm going on a date tonight..."

Kwang Soo blinked his several times as he tried to get the words I'm going on a date register in his mind. In the years that he has known Kim Jong Kook, those words have never been spoken from his mouth ever. Countless of times he has said those words to Jong Kook and countless of time Jong Kook has seen him cry from the failed dates. If Kwang Soo were to think about it, he would've really bet on Jong Kook not ever going on a date. "Really?" Kwang Soo smiled brightly as he sat up on the couch. "With Ji Hyo noona?"

Slowly nodding his head, Jong Kook smiled back. "This might seem odd for me to ask you but I need your help...."

"With what?"

From the corner of his eyes, Kwang Soo looked over at the pile of clothes from the bedroom. "Hyung......oh my god.."

. . .

Dong Wook and Do Hyun's eyes followed Ji Hyo as she paced around in the living room in sweatpants and a t-shirt. It's been almost thirty minutes since she started nervously pacing around. It's the nerves that is getting her possibly. This might as well be her first date since she hasn't had one since her last relationship. It's as if everything that she knows about dates has swiftly went pass her head since she had Do Hyun. She checks on the watch on her wrist, only one and a half hour left before her official first date with Jong Kook. Breathing in and out, she closed her eyes and groaned. "I don't think I can do this."

"Of course you can," Dong Wook said. He looked over at Do Hyun and slightly nudged him softly. "Don't you agree, Do Hyun-ah?"

Do Hyun smiled and nodded his head. "You can definitely do this, mom. It's nothing but a date."

Ji Hyo laughed and looked at her son. "And what do you know about dates?"

"Everything," Do Hyun answered. "Especially from watching Dong Wook Ahjussi's drama."

Dong Wook groaned and hid his face from humilation. His recent drama that is currently airing while he's filming is about his character being unsuccessfully dateless for years. "That's not really a great reference, don't you think?"

Do Hyun stared with his big eyes. "But it's still sort of dating, isn't it?"

Ji Hyo burst out in a big laughter. The drama is technically about Dong Wook's character failed attempts on relationship after first dates - the drama itself is pretty comical. "Thank you for making me laughing."

"I'm glad that we're providing you with such laughter," Dong Wook said bitterly as he walked over to the kitchen to grab water. "You should change. Jong Kook hyung should be here soon."

Ji Hyo stopped laughing. "Is it normal to be this nervous? Were you nervous when you had your first date with Da Hae-ssi?"

Dong Wook leaned against the fridge. "No because it honestly wasn't even a date. You know how she and I have known each other for years. We just casually went to dinner and you know...." Dong Wook glanced over at Do Hyun. "Things happened."

Do Hyun looked up from his homework. "What happened?"

"Nothing happened," Ji Hyo said earnestly while glaring over at Dong Wook. "Anyways, thank you for babysitting Do Hyun today."

Dong Wook finished his glass of water. "Oh, I'm not." He smiled at his best friend while he walked over to the couch to take a sit again. "Da Hae is coming over to watch him while you're off on your date. I have a late filming tonight."

"Make sure to tell her my thanks." Ji Hyo smiled as she got up from the floor to change into an outfit, something that seems decent enough for a date. Although she doesn't know Dong Wook as long as Lee Da Hae has, she is incredibly grateful for her existence in his life. Dong Wook may seem like a bit of a goofball but he's someone that can be as soft as a pillow. His tender heart can easily be broken, his fragile hands can easily be cut. Ji Hyo knows and loves how he is always so quick to protect her and Do Hyun. But sometimes it has become a burden on her because she feels as if she is nothing but useless. As she makes her way over to the bedroom, she sighs as she looks at herself in the mirror. For the past two years of knowing Dong Wook, she has been nothing of a help for him. This wedding, this future that he has built up for Da Hae - she wants to help him acheive the best way possible. "And that is why....." she muttered to herself. "I must let you go."

. . .

Jong Kook laughed at Hong Suk Chun shaking his head as he placed down the dishes onto the table in one of the rooms upstairs of the restaurant. "Why?"

"The things I have to do for people so they can date comfortably and secretly." Suk Chun said as he placed down the last dish on the table. "You don't eat fried food. Why did you make me so many of it and a couple dishes of vegetables? What kind of girl are you dating?"

"You will see for yourself soon."

Suk Chun scanned the clothes that Jong Kook was wearing - a black sleeveless tank top and ripped jeans. "Is this really how you're going to dress on a date?"

Jong Kook looks down at his own clothes. "Why? What's wrong with it?"

"Ya! What do you think your girlfriend will think if she - " the sound of the door opening interrupted him as they both turned around to see Ji Hyo walking in. She was wearing a mask, beanie, white sleeveless tank top and ripped jeans. Suk Chun could only manage to let out a laugh as soon as he saw how coordinate these two actually was. "Ahhh, Song Ji Hyo." He stood up so Ji Hyo could take the seat across from Jong Kook. "Enjoy your little dinner. I'll make sure no one knows."

"Thank you." Jong Kook smiled. As the door closed, Jong Kook stood up and pulled out the chair for Ji Hyo to sit down. "Hi..."

Ji Hyo took off the mask, putting it aside on the table. "Hi..." Biting her lower lip, she cleared at the silence in the room. She and Jong Kook has been alone countless of times over the years but it has never been like this - a dinner outing as girlfriend and boyfriend. She looks down at the food on the table, laughing. "But you don't like these kind of food."

"Hm, I can eat these." Jong Kook gestured over to the vegetable dishes. "I got all of your favorites"

"Thanks," she smiled. As they sat and started to eat dinner, they would both steal glances at each other every few seconds. Not being able to stand the silence, Ji Hyo cleared . "I haven't seen you in a while," it's really odd to say something like that as a girlfriend but it's true. Even in the two weeks that has passed, they've only seen each other twice. "How's filming going?"

Jong Kook shrugged his shoulders. "It's been okay, tiring yeah." He picked up some pieces of the chicken and putting into Ji Hyo's bowl. "What about you?"

"In Sung and I are heading to Jeju Island to film some scenes," Ji Hyo shared. "So we're finishing the last scenes here, it's been a bit hectic." Doing the same, she placed some of the vegetables over to Jong Kook's bowl. "Do Hyun misses you."

"Really?" Jong Kook smiled at the thought of little Do Hyun. "He's really such a good kid. I'm happy to hear that he likes me so much."

"He just doesn't like you, he loves you." She corrected with a smile. "Thank you," she looks at him with thankful eyes. "Thank you for taking care of since you've known him. Without you or Dong Wook, I really wouldn't know what do in these past few months..." She smiled at the thought of Do Hyun. "He's been so happy lately. To see him this happy because of you two, it makes me feel so - "

"Ji Hyo," Jong Kook interrupted her as he placed down his chopsticks on the table. "You're wrong. He's not happy because of me or Dong Wook. Can't you see it? He's the way he is because of you." He thought back to all the times he has spent with Do Hyun. "The kid spends most of his time sharing stories about you to me. He talks about how courageous you are and not the kind of courageous on Running Man. He may just be nine years old but he knows so much. He always speaks so highly of how you are the best mother in this world. He loves the way you always try to protect him, not caring of what happens to you at the end." Jong Kook slid his hand across the table, placing his hand on top of hers. "You're the reason behind his happiness."

Ji Hyo looks down at her hand and Jong Kook's interlocking, his thumb slowly caressing her hand as they look at each other. And that's when she really knew, this is the moment she knew that what this feeling she has feels......right. It feels right between her and Jong Kook right now.

. . .

Dong Wook closed his car door and smiled at everyone that was there for the filming set. Just as he was walking toward the makeup trailer, he halted his steps when he saw Joo Ji Hoon on the filming set. His eyebrows furrow together in confusion. What the heck is that guy doing on his drama set? "Joo Ji - "

"Lee Dong Wook!" the director smiled as he put his arm around Ji Hoon's shoulders and waving Dong Wook over. "Meet our cameo star for the next few weeks."

Ji Hoon smirked and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you, Lee Dong Wook-ssi."

Dong Wook scoffed as he looked at the hand in front of him. "You never talked about having a cameo."

"The writer thought it was a good idea to have someone make a cameo to boost up the ratings up a bit. We searched and searched. The only best option is Joo Ji Hoon since he's so popular lately." The director laughed and grabbed both of Dong Wook and Ji Hoon's hands together so they could shake hands. "Be friendly, you'll be working together for three weeks."

Ji Hoon smiled. "Of course we will be friendly. Dong Wook-ssi is known for his kindness, isn't he?"

Dong Wook narrowed his eyes at Ji Hoon, gripping tightly onto Ji Hoon's hand.

. . .

Ji Hyo burst out laughing as soon as Jong Kook showed her some videos that he had of Kwang Soo from a few hours ago. "Ya! You should've drawn the mustache even longer!" she playfully hit Jong Kook on the arm. "This is too funny!"

Jong Kook chuckled at her reaction, a even wider smile spread across his face as he watched that beautiful laugh come out of her. "Do you know why I like you?"

Startled by the sudden question, Ji Hyo nodded her head. "You told me two weeks ago. It's the way I make you feel, right? The way I understood you and the way - "

"Yes but not exactly." Jong Kook smiled. "It's your laugh."

"My laugh?" Ji Hyo asked confused. "What do you mean by that?"

He leaned against the chair and sighed. "I think it was during that year on 'Family Outing'. When you came as a guest star with those big framed glasses of yours - carrying those gifts of grilled fish with you." He chuckled at the memory. "I think that's when I became interested in you. It wasn't like I liked you right away, I think it was just my curiousity about you. When we spent time together in that little house - making food, sharing a room to sleep, pranking the members together in that haunted house. It really made me open my eyes at that time."

Ji Hyo tilt her head slightly. "What did I do that year to make you think like that?"

"That you were just being yourself." Jong Kook answered. "I've been in the entertainment industry for almost twenty years now. I've seen a lot of things but pure honest people, it's rare. Look at Jae Suk hyung, he's one of them. And then I met you, the way you laughed throughout the whole time in family outing - it's the type of laugh that made me feel so safe and.....happy." He looks at her. "To sit here across from you and hearing you laugh again like that it made me realize that maybe the moment during Family Outing is when I really fell in love with you. I just never realized it until now."

"In love...." Ji Hyo muttered softly. She knew that she currently just like Jong Kook and nothing more. She knows of how Jong Kook feels about her but to actually hear it from his mouth. For some reason. she doesn't feel scared but rather comforting to hear those words. At this moment, she isn't in love with him but like how she felt earlier, this feels right and she definitely doesn't want to back out of something that makes her feel happy.

. . .

Dong Wook watched as the stylists were fixing Ji Hoon up for his next scene. The filming hasn't even started and everything has been delayed because of Ji Hoon's demands. Closing his eyes for a brief moment, Dong Wook nodded his head when his stylists said they'll be leaving for a minute. Once the trailer door closes, Dong Wook opened his eyes and turned over to look at Ji Hoon. "What? Your commericals aren't enough?"

Ji Hoon sighed. "I'm afraid not. Neitzens haven't seen my face in a while, I got to remind them about this face before they keep forgetting."

"Your drama barely ended a month ago." Dong Wook scoffed. "You really do only care about fame and glory."

"You can say so."

Dong Wook looked at him. "Even over your own son?"

"It was a mistake." Ji Hoon said as he fixed his his hair, it's ashamed that those stylists can't style a thing. "I just forgot in my moment of being with friends."

"Who forgets their own son?!" Dong Wook screamed.

Ji Hoon adverted his eyes away from the mirror. "Someone who just learned they had a son barely months ago." He scoffed as he stood up from the chair as he grabbed onto one of his outfits for the scene. "But don't worry, Sung Im doesn't have to worry about me anymore."

Dong Wook grabbed his arm to keep him from walking out of the trailer. "I hope you mean that you're leaving and stepping out of Sung Im's life."

"I don't think so," he laughed. Taking out his phone from the back pocket, Ji Hoon pulled up a picture he had taken just a few hours ago. "In a day or two, she will be getting something in the mail. Send my gratitude for my upcoming chance to climb even more up on the ladder."

Grabbing the phone, Dong Wook looked at the court paper in the picture. It was stating that Ji Hoon wants legal custody over Do Hyun. He looked at him in disbelief. "What the hell makes you think that the court will give you full custody?"

Ji Hoon smirked as he turned his head slightly, snatching his arm away from Dong Wook. "You only knew her for two years. Granted, so did I. But I've been her boyfriend once. Little Miss Perfect wasn't always so perfect. I have my own little secrets about her." A small laugh escaped Ji Hoon's mouth as he looked at Dong Wook's disgruntled face. "Once the court finds out what she has done in the past. I will take Do Hyun away from her and maybe even that little career she has."

"Why are you doing this now? You had nine years to do it."

"Let's just say," Ji Hoon took his phone back. "Do Hyun became my little motivation."

Dong Wook stood there, collecting all this information in. "Didn't you love her?" No matter how he thinks about it, people can't help but love Ji Hyo. There is just something about her that pulls people in - it could be her brightness, her laugh, the way she cares for people. To think that Joo Ji Hoon spent two years being her boyfriend and not love her is something he can't understand. "Please tell me you did love her."

Ji Hoon shrugged. "I probably did, I don't know." He looked at Dong Wook. "I know I do love Do Hyun, he is my son. And when I can finally take him back home as my child, as the public's eyes righteous father doing the right thing, I will love him even more. Ji Hyo might be sad for a few weeks but she will have those who love her around." Ji Hoon took a step closer. "Do you see yourself?" He scoffed and shook his head. "You love her, don't you?"

"You might want to watch your words." Dong Wook warned.

"Isn't she lucky, that Chun Sung Im." Ji Hoon shook his head and laughed. "Kim Jong Kook, Lee Dong Wook....." He turned to walk away, opening the trailer door. "Once I take Do Hyun away from her, it's good to know that she has more things to worry about. Like maybe who she should sleep with next....."

"Hey!" Dong Wook forcefully turned Ji Hoon around, punching him across the face. When Ji Hoon fell onto the ground and out of the trailer in front of everyone in the filming crew. Gasps and scream filled the air when Dong Wook got on top of him - punching Ji Hoon continously on the face. Blood soon spilled out from Ji Hoon's face and onto Dong Wook's shirt.

"Lee Dong Wook!!!"

. . .

Ji Hyo looked at their interlocked hands as they walked along the sidewalks of the empty streets. Three hours has gone by it feels as if it's only been ten minutes for them. "Thank you for tonight," she said once they reached his car. "I had fun...."

Jong Kook smiled as he swung their hands back and forth in the air. It's weird. He's a forty year old man but he's so blissfully happy about a first date. Looking around at the dark, empty street - Jong Kook leaned forward and kissed Ji Hyo softly on the lips. "Same."

Pulling away from the kiss, Ji Hyo smiled and closed her lips from the kiss. "Wow. Kissing you is definitely something I can get used to.."

"Ah, Song Ji Hyo and her sarcasam is back." Jong Kook laughed as he pulled her into an embrace. "But you're right. This is definitely I can get used to.."

They both laughed as they got into the car. As Jong Kook started walking around the car to the driver's seat, Ji Hyo took out her phone to send a messge to Do Hyun when she noticed something trending that caught her attention. "What the - " she breathed heavily as she played the video that was included in the trend. Her eyes widened when she watched Dong Wook punched Ji Hoon harder and harder each time his fist flew. Blood was coming out everywhere. One of the crew members finally got Dong Wook off of Ji Hoon and suddenly a police officer came to put handcuffs on him. Lee Dong Wook has been arrested on a physcial assault charge. "No..."

Jong Kook closed the car door, putting the seatbelt on. "What's wrong?"

"We need to get to the police station now..."

. . .

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook immediately rushed into the police station to see almost thirty reporters inside. Their footsteps halted and hid behind a small wall so the reporters won't be able to see them. Their eyes connected, not knowing what to do. If they walk any further inside, they will be caught. How will they be able to explain why they're together? How will they explain anything? The netizens knows that Ji Hyo and Dong Wook are bestfriends but there is nothing of Jong Kook's relations that he has with Dong Wook.

"Tell us something! Give us something!"

"Why did Dong Wook attack Ji Hoon?!"

"Is Dong Wook going to spend the night in the cells?!"

"You guys need to leave now! We are trying to work here!" One of the officers screamed to get everyone's attention. "Leave now!"

More overpowering screaming filled the police station. Ji Hyo peeked around the wall, Dong Wook has to be in one of the interrogation rooms right now. She faltered back when one of the reporters turned around. She clenched onto Jong Kook's jacket as they were crammed up behind the wall. "We have to wait.."

"Until the reporters leave..." Jong Kook finished for her.

Suddenly, another reporter rushed in with a bright smile on his face. "Guys, guess what. Joo Ji Hoon is holding a press conference to talk about the incident." His smile spread even wider. "But that's not what is important. He's announcing that he has a son."

"What?!" All the reporters immediately turned around and rushed out of the station.

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook looked at each other. "Do Hyun!"

 

A/N: Ah, sorry for the late update on this chapter! I've been so busy but I tried my best to write as I was carrying on with my day! I tend to stress myself out alot so I tried to keep writing without worrying about how long it takes. I hope you all like the chapter, the drama has finally set in and sailed. I hope you're all ready for this ride (: thank you for all the beautiful comments, it really makes my day! they're all so inspiring, I love them. please keep supporting and commenting! Sorry for any mistakes!