More Burden

Undeniable Chemistry

Bright lights, flashing cameras, loud continous typing and nonstop repeated questions filled the conference room. It has been a little over five minutes since it started - Joo Ji Hoon's press conference. It's the most hottest news of the night right now for the entertainment industry. Not only does it involve more than two famous celebrities but also a child in the mix. This is the kind of stuff that people who love the entertainment industry lives for.

"When will you start answering our questions?!" One of the reporters asked once the room fell silent.

Ji Hoon smiled as he leaned toward the microphone. "There's a lot of questions to answer, isn't there?" He winced in pain when he started talking. His lips are dry and cracked, a mix color of black and blue were around his eyes from the punches and his arm is slightly sprain from the fall onto the ground. Lee Dong Wook definitely hit him good. "I have decided to not press charges against Lee Dong Wook-ssi."

The sound of intense and loud typing on their laptops immediately followed after his statement. "And why are you deciding on that? Is his hits justified?"

"Of course not," Ji Hoon answered. "He and I both shared a few words inside that trailer and I guess he just didn't like what I said."

"And what did you say?"

"That's not important." Ji Hoon stated with another smile. Rummaging through his jean pockets, he took a picture of Do Hyun. "This is Do Hyun," he turned the picture around for the cameras to get on the live feed that netizens are watching and the reporters to capture for their articles. "He's my son."

Murmurs whispered among the room as the reporters looked at each other. "Your biological son?"

"No." Ji Hoon lied. "I adopted him two years ago but kept him a secret. I just wanted to be a father and live for something or someone important. Being in this entertainment, I felt a little lost with myself." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Taking care of him has been one of the best thing possible that I've done." From the corner of his eyes, he could see some of the female reporters smiling at his words. It's working. Like everything he has been doing, this is just another level that he will climb toward this game. "Do Hyun is a lot like me even if he is adopted. I take care of him as my own son. I love that kid." The reporters nodded their heads as they were busy taking notes - obviously making the best article for Joo Ji Hoon. "The reason behind revealing his existence tonight is because I realized that sometimes this entertainment eats you up. People let the fame and glory get to them and they start losing themselves on the way. Do Hyun makes me feel real and makes me feel as if what I am doing is really important. To him and to myself." He shrugged his shoulders as he looked straight toward the camera. "What Lee Dong Wook did today was uncalled for but it's what life is. He didn't appreciate me being in his drama as a cameo. He believed it would be just him. I guess I got to him."

"What's your son's favorite candy?" The question threw Ji Hoon off guard because he definitely recogonized the voice in the room. His eyes adverted away from the camera, he looked toward the entrance of the door to see Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook standing there. The reporters and cameras spun around, cameras start flashing immediately at the sight of Commander and Ace at a press conference. "You're not answering my question."

Ji Hoon blinked in surprise, clearing his throat. "What?"

"What is his favorite candy?" Ji Hyo repeated as she walked closer to the center of the room. "What is Do Hyun's favorite candy?"

"What does it have to do with you?" Ji Hoon asked back.

"What is his favorite animal? What does he do best in school? What about his color? Food? Hobby? Ice cream?" Ji Hyo reached over to the table and the microphone, inches away from Ji Hoon. Her eyes filled with anger and annoyance as she looked at him. "Why don't you answer those questions for the cameras, Joo Ji Hoon?"

One reporter stood up from his seat, his eyes wide and round from this new juicy situation in front of them. "What are you doing here, Song Ji Hyo?"

Ji Hyo turned toward the cameras and reporters, she took a deep breath. She can't believe she is going to be doing this. For nine years, she has lived to protect Do Hyun from public eyes and their comments. She has made sure that he lives nothing but a good, happy, and normal life. Even with the whole nation knowing that she has a son, they don't know how exactly Do Hyun looks like. Even in the picture that was broacasted on the television, his face was blurred out because she has asked for his identity to be kept safe. Now everything she has work hard for will crumble down within seconds. "Sour patches, tigers, english, purple, spicy rice cake, mixed vanilla and chocolate." She took out her phone, showing everyone pictures that she has together with Do Hyun. "Those are his favorite things in this world. Why do I know this? Because he's my son, the son that everyone knew about barely months ago."

Automatically, reporters started to stand up and rush toward the table. "What is going on? Can you both explain everything?!"

"Joo Ji Hoon has been lying about everything," Ji Hyo exhaled and looked over at Jong Kook, giving her a small smile and nod for her to continue. "I have been keep a lie also." She briefly looked at Ji Hoon before she turned back to the cameras. "Chun Do Hyun is my son and Ji Hoon's. The difference between us is the fact that I've been watching and taking care of him for nine years because Ji Hoon walked out on us. He doesn't know or understand his own kid. That's because he doesn't know a single thing about his kid. All he is doing right now is using this opportunity to get more fame and glory than ever. What kind of father does this? I gave him a chance to take care of his kid but he left Do Hyun alone in his mansion for hours. What kind of father uses his kid for more publicity?"

"What she is saying is a lie!" Ji Hoon screamed.

I can use our son as a ploy and earn my way back up toward the nation's heart. Who is going to know that he is my son when I'm just going to say that I adopted him secretly? Ha, it's brillant. Ji Hyo ended the recording from her cellphone. Gasps filled the room and the cameras began flashing more than ever toward Ji Hoon. Once it was cleared, Ji Hyo walked away from the attention and made her way over to Jong Kook.

"You did great." Jong Kook reassured her, interlocking their hands together. "Now, let's go home."

Ji Hyo smiled softly and nodded in agreement. "Let's go home."

. . .

It was like the domino effect within a day. One of the most biggest scandals in entertainment industry in recent years to happen among A-list celebrities. The one person who is taking the burn for everything is Ji Hoon. Surprisingly, no one has pointed fingers toward Ji Hyo or Dong Wook for what she has kept and what he has done. That is none of anyone's concern, not when they just found out that Ji Hoon has been using their care and love for his own benefits. It's almost like a relief for Ji Hyo. Everything is off her shoulders now. She has kept her relations with Ji Hoon for so long that it has been burdening her forever. She has always wondered how it would feel like if the whole world found out and the fact that no one is hating on her or Do Hyun, she's incredibly happy.

"You've been everywhere lately," In Sung commented as he took a seat next to her. They were in the middle of filming, taking a brief break for the production crew to finish setting up for the next scee. "You okay?"

Ji Hyo nodded her head as she took a sip of her water. "More relieved than anything." She frowned and looked at him. "You're not disappointed that I didn't tell you anything, right?"

Jo In Sung raised an eyebrow and chuckled as he nudged her softly on the arm. "Why would I be disappointed, Sung Im? You had every right to keep those certain things to yourself. I'm your friend but sometimes I don't have to know everything."

"Thank you."

"Now," In Sung sighed and winked. "What's this little rumor that I've been hearing around about you and Kim Jong Kook?"

Covering her face with her hands, she hid out of embrassment. "Ah, it's nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing." In Sung stated while flipping through a magazine and pointing out a picture of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo holding hands, walking out of the press conference from two days ago. "He's a good guy." He closed the magazine and smiled. "I don't know him that much but Kwang Soo cherishes him a lot. Same goes for Joong Ki. You, Kwang Soo, and Joong Ki being one of the most important people in my life that I have met in this field, I trust your feelings."

Ji Hyo smiled. "We haven't talked for so long but it feels as if we never stopped."

In Sung smiled back before getting up from his seat to film his next scene. "Well, let's enjoy the rest of our days on Jeju Island and finish this movie."

. . .

Dong Wook winced in pain when Do Hyun tried to put a band-aid on his face. "Listen, I said I'm fine."

Do Hyun and Lee Da Hae both looked at each other before going back to their business. "Mom said that I have to take care of you until she gets back. And when she does, she will - " he paused and looked over at Da Hae.

"She will kick your ," Da Hae finished for Do Hyun. "Like I did."

Taking a deep breath, he slowly moved slightly on the couch and groaned at the sprain arm he has. "I did what I had to do."

"I understand but you also have to understand that not only you made us worried but you almost killed your own career." Da Hae said as she walked over with a tray. "Eat this. Soup is the only dish I came make for you since you can't open your mouth that wide yet." She stared at the bruise near his mouth. "Look at what you did to your handsome face."

Dong Wook gave her a small smile before screaming in pain when Do Hyun slapped on another band-aid on his face. "Ya! Gently!"

Do Hyun laughed before taking a seat over to the other side of the couch. "It's funny to see you scream."

"I'll show you something funny!" Dong Wook moved over, using his only arm that wasn't in a cast - he tickled Do Hyun on the stomach.

. . .

Jong Kook waved goodbye to the other members of the show before walking into his dressing room. He's been filming inside the studio for more than eight hours now. It's not that he is complaining since his body should rest but being inside a square box can be one of the most tiring thing. Closing the door behind him, he was just about to take off his shirt to change when he backtracked his steps and stared at Yoon Eun Hye, sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here?"

Eun Hye stood up and smiled softly. "I snuck in here, waited for you to finish filming."

"You still didn't answer my question. What are you doing here?" Jong Kook asked.

"I can't be here?"

He let out a small chuckle out of disbelief. "No."

She watched as his hand was reaching over to the doorknob to open the door for her to get out. Eun Hye took a step closer, her eyes pleading widely. "Wait..."

He closed his eyed briefly before he looked straight into her eyes. "This better be important, Eun Hye."

"Are you and Ji Hyo-ssi really dating?"

Jong Kook blinked several times so he could collect his thoughts. "I don't understand how any of this is your business?"

"I just need to know."

"Yes," he answered while running his hand through his hair out of frustration. "We are."

Eun Hye's tears fell slowly down her face as she looked at him. For ten years, she has watched him on television after their break up. She felt immense happiness to know that he hasn't dated since her. He was always single. To stand here and hear all of this, it broke her heart. "How could you do this to me?"

"What?" Jong Kook knit his eyebrows together. "What?!" he screamed again. "How could I do what to you? Dating? Dating someone that I like? Finallly meeting someone that I share a connectiona and someone who doesn't lie to me?! What are you on, Eun Hye?"

She immediately rushed over to his side, clenching onto his arm. "We're good together! You once said that yourself!"

Jong Kook stared at her a little baffled at her sudden reaction. "Eun Hye, I think you need to.." As he struggled to keep her away from him, her purse fell onto the ground. "Eun Hye.." his eyes adverted over to the pills that scattered all over the floor. He bent down and looked at the pills. "What are these?"

Eun Hye's eyes widened as she collected the pills. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Yoon Eun Hye!" He grabbed onto her face, staring deeply into her eyes. Redness, puffy, and pale complexion. "What have you been doing to yourself..."

She sat down on the floor and cried even harder. "I don't know, oppa." Her head, her body, her eyes - everything about her hurts. "When I came back from China, I lost it. I started finding things to rely on. Alcohol, pills....these aren't drugs if that's what you're wondering about."

"Yeah, they're supposed to be headachee pills." He narrowed his eyes. "Are you purposely overdosing on these?!"

Eun Hye looked at him. "Do you love me or her?"

He sighed. "I am talking about something serious right now. If you don't tell me, I'll have to call your agency, your manager, your - "

"Oppa...." she smiled softly and coughed heavily. "How many times do I have to say sorry for lying to you all these years?"

"I...." before he could answer, Eun Hye collasped into his arms. "Eun Hye! Yoon Eun Hye!"

 

 

A/N: Hello! It's been a longer than I originally wanted for this chapter to be posted!  Sorry for the short chapter! I've been so busy lately, sorry! I will still keep updating, don't worry! Please keep supporting! Thank you for all the love! Sorry for any mistakes!