Everything Will Be Okay

Undeniable Chemistry

"Ji Hyo," Dong Wook called out as he made his way over to his best friend with a glass of water in hand. "You okay?" Dong Wook wiped off the sweat that was running down her forehead with a towel. He sighed, taking a quick look at his watch. "This is odd. Where could you get your flu from?" For the past two days, Ji Hyo has been running around with a fever and cough. At first, they both didn't think much of it - thinking it's just one of those quick colds that people have when the weather starts changing. It wasn't until when Ji Hyo woke up in the middle of night, shaking and sweating like a storm that she knew that she had the flu. Immediately, she called Dong Wook, who rushed over to take care of the neccessities and Do Hyun. "You're lucky that your schedule is free this week."

She smiled faintly as she closed her eyes. "It's not that it is free. It's because it's empty."

Dong Wook sighed. "Chun Sung Im, don't say it like that." It upsets him that no matter how much she says it is fine that she didn't recieve that much popularity or recogonition for her role in the recent drama - he knew that it was a bit upsetting for her. It's not the popularity that she wanted, it was the recogonition for the hard work that she put in for the role. Sadly, throughout the whole drama - the only comment that they had about her online was the fact that she had a hidden son. No one said anything about her acting, her display of hard work, nothing. All that sort of attention went over to Joo Ji Hoon. "I saw your hard work. Your son noticed your hard work."

"Thank you." Ji Hyo muttered while moving closer to Dong Wook in the bed.

He wrapped the blanket over her as he wrapped his arms around her. "I know it may seems hot to you but you're still shivering. Hot and cold, hot and cold. Ah, how am I supposed to leave for work now?"

Ji Hyo slightly opened her eyes. "Just go. You have your first script reading for your new drama, you have to go."

Dong Wook furrowed his eyebrows together. "I don't feel at ease if I leave you alone like this."

"Where's Do Hyun going to be for the night?"

"Da Hae's house. She just off from work and picked him up from school earlier."

"Tell her that I'm sorry for troubling her," Ji Hyo started coughing out of control once she tried to say anything more. "I..."

Dong Wook gave her more of the water. "You're being too much now. Nothing is a bother with you, Ji Hyo. She is glad to help out."

Can barely keep her eyes open, she tried her best to push Dong Wook off the bed. "Go." Ji Hyo gave him one last smile before closing her eyes with the blanket over her. "Lock the door when you're out."

"Okay, okay." He did one last check over the bedside, making sure she has her water and medication before closing the bedroom door behind him. He can't shake off the uneasy feeling inside of him. It's one thing to be sick but it's another to have a flu like this. Knowing how Ji Hyo naturally is, she can face anything that comes at her with the exception of being sick. She hates being in pain. Dong Wook looked at his watch and cursed at himself. He only has forty-five minutes to rush over to the broadcasting station for the script reading. Without much of a choice, he rushed out of her house - locking the door as she said.

. . .

"Bye, Turbo Seniors!" a new girl group greeted as Jong Kook and his friends walked by. "We watched your broadcast well!"

Jong Kook smiled as he waved goodbye to the newcomers. "Oh! We watched your broadcast too! Work hard!"

"Thank you!"

Mickey shrugged his shoulders as he walked next to his groupmates. "Ah, it feels so weird to hear those words of senior again. Being in America so long and getting used to how it was over there to come back here is really...." he smiled as he looked at his two buddies. "Makes us feel old, doesn't it?"

"The only old one amoung us is Jung Nam hyung." Jong Kook chuckled as he walked up the steps. "Come on. Let's gather our things and go out for a drink."

Jung Nam looked at Jong Kook. "You don't even drink."

"Hm, let's just say I want to drink just this once. I haven't had a drink this year yet. You know me." Jong Kook walked alongside the walls so the crew rushing in and out with equipment don't bump into him. "I can only drink twice a year."

Mickey and Jung Nam looked at each other. "What is this? What's wrong with you? You've been a little off since China."

"I'm okay," Jong Kook lied. He held onto one side of his neck as he felt it was straining. He's more than not okay. There has been lack of sleep in his body. With all the shows he has to film this week, everything is just piling after one another. What makes everything worse is that he can't get his head on straight. He made two mistakes during the music show earlier. A mistake last night from a show he shoots. There has been nothing on his mind except for his lost baby. No matter how much he thought about it, it doesn't make anything right. If she would have just considered about his opinion, his feelings, his life about the baby - maybe he wouldn't be this mad. If she would have just sat down and have a conversation with him, maybe he would've understand from her standpoint. If she didn't lie continously about everything, he wouldn't be this mad. "I'll meet you guys outside. I have to use the bathroom." At the end of the day, it was a life that she gave up. She took the baby's ultrasound, she had and felt the baby inside of her for almost two months. How could she just have the heart to do what she did? Without even caring to tell him all these years? The more he thinks about it, the more anger gets built up. His eyes looked over at the men's bathroom sign. As he was about to walk in, he stepped back when he saw Dong Wook coming out. "Lee Dong Wook?"

Dong Wook looked at Jong Kook. "Ah! Hyung!"

"You know this is the music side of the station right? Your side is over.."

"I know," Dong Wook took a piece of paper out from his front pockets, handing it over to Jong Kook. "I tried calling Kwang Soo but he wouldn't pick up. I came here looking for you."

"Me?" Jong Kook opened the piece of paper that was given to him. It was a four digit passcode. "What is this?"

"Ji Hyo has the flu." Dong Wook checked the time on his watch one more time. Ten minutes. He has no time, all there is left is to run. "You know how she is, she hates being sick. She's coughing, sweating, can't even eat. I'm worried about leaving her alone. Can you go over and watch her? For me?"

"She's sick?" Immediately Jong Kook nodded his head, searching for his car keys. "I'll watch her."

"Thank you, hyung!" He feels bad about leaving such a responsibility to Jong Kook but he is the only person he could think of right now. And he knows for one thing is that Jong Kook wouldn't mind. Dong Wook waved goodbye before he rushed off to the other side of the building for his script reading.

. . .

"Ji Hoon!" Ji Hyo smiled as she took a look at the dress that was laid out on the bed. "Is this mine?"

Ji Hoon walked into the bedroom, smiling as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I bought it for you. Thought you would looked beautiful in it."

"Red?"

He kissed her cheek. "Yeah, your favorite color."

Ji Hyo bit her lip. "My favorite color is purple."

"Ah, really?" Ji Hoon shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the bed. "Red looks better on you anyways."

"Do you know what I like to eat, Ji Hoon?"

"Dumplings."

Ji Hyo dropped the dress onto the bed next to him. "My favorite animal?"

"Dog." Ji Hoon arched an eyebrow. "What's with the twenty questions?"

"You got it all wrong." She muttered under her breath. "You don't know anything about me."

Ji Hoon laughed. "What are you talking about? What's so important about knowing those things anyway?!"

"Blue, black bean noodles with radish, lagunas!" Ji Hyo screamed. She glared at him. "Those are your favorite things! We've been dating for almost a year, Ji Hoon! How could you not know anything small like that about me?"

"Ya, are you going to keep being like this? Why are you being so damn sensitive right now?" Ji Hoon stood up from the bed, clenching onto the dress. "Are you going to wear it or not?!" She scoffed and walked off. "Ya! Song Ji Hyo!"

Sweat poured down like crazy on Ji Hyo's face as she twists and turns in her sleep. She's having one of those dreams again, the ones that has Ji Hoon in it. Remembering how it was like in the past with him. Remembering how it was like dating him back them. Remembering every single little detail about him when he never did about her. Ji Hyo quickly sat up on her bed and coughed as soon as she was awake. Her stomach feels as if it was twisting and turning on a rollercoaster and her headache feels as if someone is knocking on it nonstop. Squinting her eyes, she pushed the button on her phone to check the time. Half past midnight now. "Hungry.." she muttered. Gathering all the energy she has inside of her, she manged to walk over to the door. As soon as she opened it, the smell of food immediately caught her attention. "What..." She smiled as she walked along the hallway. "Ya, Lee Dong..." she halted her steps. "Jong Kook..."

Jong Kook turned around from the stove. "Oh, you're up? How do you feel?" Taking a ladle, he scooped out some soup to taste it first. "Ah, you came out just in time too. Sit down. You have to eat this. Dong Wook told me that you barely ate anything for two days. This might help you." He smiled at her. "Remember that chicken recipe I did during that one food competition that I won for? It's that one. You'll like it."

Ji Hyo looked around her kitchen, it was a complete mess everywhere. Pots and pans that he probably didn't know where to go, he just placed it on the counter. "Hyung..."

"Are you not going to listen to me, Song Ji Hyo?"

"No, I'll sit." Ji Hyo sat on one of the barstools and yawned. "You really didn't have to do this."

"Dong Wook sounded really worried and I was too," Jong Kook placed a bowl of the soup in front of her. "How could you get sick like this? Did you forget you have a son to take care of too?" He smiled and handed her the spoon. "Eat up."

Ji Hyo smiled back, taking the first spoonful of the soup. It tasted just like how it was during the food competition. As she continued to eat and digest the soup slowly, she watched as Jong Kook rushed back and forth to clean up the kitchen. They didn't talk - silence filled the kitchen as he cleaned up while she ate. Even from her painful sleepy eyes, she could tell that he is restless. There is something about the smile that he has been giving her that spoke pain. She felt it. Since that night when he called her from China, she has been wondering how he's been doing. She even tried to call him the day after but he didn't pick up. To see him right now doesn't exactly make her feel better about him. "Jong Kook hyung..."

"Hmmm." Putting the last dish into the dishwasher, Jong Kook exhaled deeply.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course." Jong Kook lied. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Ji Hyo stared at the spoon in her hand for a while before she decided to speak again. "What happened that night? When you called me?"

"Ah, I was drunk!" Jong Kook laughed. "I called you, Kwang Soo, Haha." He shrugged his shoulders. "Called everyone on my contacts. Mickey shouldn't have let me drink that strong beer."

She slid the empty bowl over. "It must've been really strong then."

Jong Kook nodded his head. "Really strong." He watched as she got up from the barstool slowly, making her way over to him. "What is it?" His eyes widened when she suddenly wrapped her arms around his waist, patting his back as they hugged. "Ji Hyo..."

"It's okay," Ji Hyo whispered softly. "Whatever it is, everything will be okay."

He looked down at her. He doesn't know how she does it but why is it always her that understands him the most? Why is it always Ji Hyo that knows that he is faking it? How is it always her that makes him feel the most vulnerable? Tears start b against his eyes as he watched Ji Hyo. "I..."

She shook her head as she pulled away and gave him a weak smile. "Don't say anything. You don't have to tell me, you have no right to. Just know that we're all here for you. Me, Kwang Soo, everyone. We're family, aren't we?"

Family. Jong Kook nodded his head. "Of course." He playfully pushed her. "I'm the one that's supposed to take care of you! You're the sick one!"

Ji Hyo coughed while laughing. "Then don't come here when you're all sad. It makes me worry."

"You worry? About me?"

"Of course!" Ji Hyo laughed. As soon as she laughed, her legs started feeling weak. "I'm dizzy."

Jong Kook shook his head, carried her all the way back to her bed. "You ate so go back to bed. Once you do, I'll leave."

"Are you really okay?"

There was a long pause. "I said I'm fine."

Ji Hyo moved over to the other side of the bed, patting down the empty space near her. "Sit down."

Jong Kook chuckled. "Why?" Sensing that if he doesn't, Ji Hyo will probably throw a pillow at him - he quickly sat down. "What is it?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"For a sick person, you sure do talk alot." Jong Kook leaned against the backboard of the bed. "Tell me."

Ji Hyo closed her eyes as she remembered all the times that she went through with Ji Hoon. The beginnings of their dating stage, the middle stages of their constant arguments, the last stages of where they finally got sick of each other. "When I was dating Ji Hoon, do you know what was my happiest moment with him was?" She could feel the bed moving from Jong Kook shaking his head. "When he wasn't with me." She laughed at the mere thought. "Every time when we're together, it's either he gets mad for me not doing something right. Or I get mad because he doesn't remember anything about me. I felt like I was being suffocated whe I was with him. The only time I was able to breathe was when he was gone. Whether it was off to his photoshoots or to his interviews, when I was left alone - it was the best time of the day for me." She opened her eyes, staring at the white ceiling above her. "How is it that a relationship that I hate so much ends up being the relationship that I can never forget?"

"What about your saddest moment?" Jong Kook closed his eyes. "When you broke up?"

"I don't know."

"How could you not know?"

Ji Hyo shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe because I can't pick one? With him, there are alot of sad moments. He made me cry, he made me angry." She thought back to all the time where he would forget about their planned dinners because he was so caught up with the friends he was making. "I think I spent more time crying about him than anything."

"It's not a healthy relationship then."

"But do you know what I'm thankful for?"

He watched as her eyes went side to side while staring at the ceiling. "Do Hyun?"

She smiled. "If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have had Do Hyun. Sometimes I think how different my life would be without him in my life. Would I be where I am today if he wasn't in it? Would I be a different person?" Ji Hyo looked at him. "What do you think?"

Jong Kook pulled a strand away from her face. "I don't think you'll be that different. Do Hyun is a big factor in your life. Most of the things you do or think of is for him." Adverting his attention away from her and toward the ceiling. "Having a kid changes everyone's lives, whether you like it or not. Sometimes I even think to myself, what would I do if I had a kid earlier. I've been thinking about it alot lately. Would I still be Sparta Kooks on TV? Or try and live a normal life for the privacy of my kid?" He took a deep breath. "Recently, I found out that even if you never had a kid - how much that could affect your life in one second. How much you can't concentrate on other things because all you could think about is the kid that you never got to have."

Ji Hyo furrowed her eyebrows together when she noticed sudden change in his voice. The same tone of voice that he had on the phone. "..do you?"

He took a deep breath and chuckled. "Ah, I have to go home." He cleared his throat to block the tears from coming out. As soon as he tried to leave the bed, he felt Ji Hyo's hands wrapped around his wrist. "What is it?"

"Is it Yoon Eun Hye-ssi?"

He wants to tell her, he wants to share everything that he is currently holding inside of him. But he doesn't know how to. If he does, what could Ji Hyo possibly do? There is nothing anyone could do. He can only face this problem alone. "No. I'm fine."

Ji Hyo sat up on the bed even though it was painful. "Jong Kook..."

"You're sick, you have to lay down and get your rest. If you don't get better, Dong Wook is going to get mad at me." Jong Kook pretended to smile as he pushed her softly on the bed. "Close your eyes."

"I didn't get to finish what I wanted to say." Ji Hyo said softly.

"What is it? What's the rest of the story?"

Ji Hyo looked at him. "I think I'm going to let Do Hyun see Ji Hoon." The surprised expression on Jong Kook's face made her smile a bit. "I'm not doing it because I feel bad for him, I just don't want Do Hyun to miss out on anything. While I was sick in bed, all kinds of thoughts were in my head. I don't want Do Hyun to grow up and resent me for not letting him meet his dad. If anything, if its something that Do Hyun wants - I can do it. That's what being a parent is like."

"You're doing the right thing," Jong Kook confidently said. "A father needs to know his kid..."

"I'm not done talking."

Jong Kook laughed. "What? What else is there left?"

Ji Hyo suddenly stood up on the bed, wrapping her arms around him. "Everything will be okay."

"You already told me this earlier in the kitchen." Jong Kook tried to keep his emotions in check. His arms are by his side, he feels like if he does wrap his arms around her - he would never let go. "Ah, why are you being like this? This is the complete opposite of what Dong Wook told me how you are. He said you could barely walk or eat." He pulled away, taking a few steps back for precaution. "Look at you, Song Ji Hyo! You're all fine."

She frowned at his smile. Fake. The way his eyes shifted from left to right uneasily. Fake. He's lying right now. "I guess your food really made me better." She started coughing as soon as those words left . "Or not."

Jong Kook shook his head. "Go to bed."

Without another word, he slowly walked out of the room. As he made sure everything was in perfect condition, he walked out of her house. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Those words ring through his head the whole time as he walked down the steps and into his car. Breathing heavily in and out, he stared at himself in the rearview mirror. Everything will be okay. Feeling lightheaded, he looked over at the ultrasound on the passenger seat. Tears slide down his face slowly - his vision becoming unclear as he find it hard to breathe around this moment. Not being able to hold onto his emotions anymore, Jong Kook screamed inside his car loudly before clenching onto the steering wheel - crying his eyes out. All the pain and sadness that he held in, he's finally letting it out. The fake smile and laugh that he had to expressed on camera, he doesn't have to do that anymore right now. He doesn't have to - the door suddenly opened, making Jong Kook lift his head up from the steering wheel. His eyes making contact with Ji Hyo as she stands there with tears in her eyes.

"Come here," she whispered. Ji Hyo pulled him over to her, letting him wrap his arms around her waist tightly as she smooth out his hair. "Let it all out, just cry."

Jong Kook closed his eyes, clenching onto Ji Hyo tightly as he finally cried in front of her.

 

 

A/N: Here is the next chapter! I hope you all like it! Thank you for all the lovely comments from the previous chapter! This was really a tough chapter to write but I managed to get what I needed out for this chapter! Since I've written three days in a row now, I might take a break for a day. I just put a poster up for the story, how do you guys like it? Is it good? To those that are curious, I am not on vacation right now. Just not very busy at the moment so I can finally write around this time! I hope you like this chapter! Sorry if there are any mistakes!