Chapter 2:This is home

Because you loved me

2 Weeks Later

“Ok guys let’s take a 5 minutes break” Taeyeon Shouted clapping hands. Everyone sighed loudly and sat on the floor.

 We were practicing every day for past 2 weeks. It took 3 days to make choreography of songs and positions of each member. Since then we practiced every movement for more than an hour. We have to dance in synchronize. That’s the special quality of our group. So we tried to sync every movement. But it was so hard in the beginning, because of height differences and dancing skills. Ultimately we managed to create a choreography that everyone can follow.

“Did manager oppa tell anything about our costumes?” Taeyeon asked.

“He said it will be ready by end of the week. Then we can do a full rehearsal”

“I still can’t believe that we are debut in a week. Wooooo!” Sooyoung shouted waving her hands like a crazy person.

“Ya! We are going to be idols. So act like a one” Taeyeon said.

“Huh who is the dorkiest person in our group, shorty?”  Taeyeon sat down and glared at Sooyoung like she was going to hit her. They stared at each other for few minutes. Everyone tensed, thinking it will be a hell of a fight.

We never fought before although we had some heated discussions when we creating choreography and practice. I didn’t know how they act when they are angry. Usually Taeyeon is a dorky person, but she act tough when she give advices or when we make decisions.  I think it will be scary if when she gets angry.

But Taeyeon sighed dramatically and said “point taken” Then she lay down and closed her eyes. The room was silent for a moment, and then everyone started to laugh like maniacs.

“I really thought you were going to hit her Tae” Hyo-yeon said laughing.

“I was going to. Then I thought she is too skinny for me to hit. Basically she doesn’t have any muscles in her body. Besides I don't want to break her bones before our performance”

“Ya. You are so dead” Sooyoung jump on Taeyeon and tickled her. Within few minutes everyone was on top of Taeyeon and tickling each other and shouting. It was a crazy moment.

I think you can get the picture of our group. We fought, tease, laugh and talk all the time when we are not practicing. My first impression of our group is correct. There are no silent moments when we are together.

After their tickle fight we started practicing again. We were already in a perfect sync, but we wanted to keep practicing so we won’t forget choreography.

 

6 hours later ….

 

“Sooyoung, do you want to grab something to eat?” I asked.

We practiced for 6 hours today and I couldn’t even walk straight. I just wanted to regain my energy and practice again.

“Sure. Let me get my purse”

“Anyone else want to join us?” I asked while getting up.

“I can barely feel my legs. Can you bring something for us?” Hyo-yeon mumbled next to me. She was lying down to taking a nap. She must be tired, because she practice so hard and she has to do some powerful moves in choreography.

“Yeah. ok”

“Sunny, Seohyun?” I asked them specifically because are the newest members of our group. They joined last week. Sunny is a short, chubby girl with full of aegyo. She is a very outgoing person and we became friends instantly. She the one of the vocalist of our group and she dance well too. Seohyun is the maknea of our group. She was born in 1991. She has a very beautiful voice and she joined as a main vocalist of group. Seohyun is a quiet and well-mannered girl. After few late night dancing practices with Hyo-yeon they improved their dancing skills. But I will never forget the 1st time I talked with Seohyun.

Flashback

Seohyun came to the practice room when I was practicing our song alone. I went to greet her.

“Hi I am Yuri. What is your name?”

“Seo….” I only heard a part of her name.

“huh?”

“Ssseohyun” she stuttered.

Is she afraid of me? Why? I wanted to .

“Hmm.You are younger than us right? So use honorifics” I said in a serious tone.

“yes unni” She bowed to me. Did she really bow?  I laughed loudly.

“Hey I was just joking. Come on lets go” I took her hand and took her to the others.

“Yes unni”

I guess some people don’t understand the meaning of Joke. Since that day she uses honorifics when she talks with others. We tried to stop her. But she says that it is comfortable to her. After a while we got use to it. She is like an innocent cute little sister that we want to protect.

End of flashback

“No unni. I am not hungry” Seohyun answered.

“Sure” Sunny got up and went to take her purse.

As I walked to the door, I remembered about the only “friend” that I didn’t talk with. Guess who? Jessica Jung. After the encounter on 1st day I thought to leave her alone.

It is not like I don’t have friends to talk, right? Because everyone else talk and laughed with me without hesitation.

 So you didn’t even look at her huh?

 Nope.

 Why are you lying to yourself now?

 ME? Ok ok I did look. But I can look at a fellow member if I want, so what is the big deal?

NOTHING. It’s just that I can’t take it anymore, when you stalking that kid. You think of her, look at her and even dream of her. So if you like her that much just talk to her.

Who said that I want to talk to her?

Really?  You want to argue with me now?

I sighed. It is true that I thought about her sometimes. That’s because I can’t understand why she doesn’t try to get close with others. Actually her only friend is Tiffany. They talk and laugh all the time. I thought maybe because she and Tiffany knew each other even before they came to Korea. They studied at same school in US.

“Huh! Is she arrogant much so she doesn’t talk with Koreans?”

“So why are you upset?”

“I AM NOT”

“Come on. It is obvious that you like her”

“Nope. No No way”

“Don’t be shy. Just talk to her”

“What if she reject?”

“So what? It is worth trying”

I think I am officially crazy, because these days I talk with myself. Even argue, thanks to a certain blond American ice prince. The worst thing is she doesn’t even know it and I don’t know the exact reason for why I care. Anyway I decided to get over with it. I wouldn’t care if she likes it or not. I will be beside her as long as she accepts me as a friend.

I turned to other and told them to wait a second. Then I walked to her. Suddenly the room went silent. I can feel that everyone watching me. No one dare to talk with her, because of her icy glare. She sat leaning against the wall with her eyes closed.

“Umm. Hey Jessica” Her eyes snapped open and looked at me with a questioning look.

“We are going to eat now. You want to come?” I asked quickly praying that she will say yes.

“I am tired”

“oh! ok” I  turned around and walk back to the door muttering “of course she won’t come. Why did you even…”

“But I think I should eat something” 

I stopped in my tracks. Did I hear correctly? I looked back at Jessica.

“Did you just agree?” I asked.

She didn’t answer, but smirked. I looked around to see if this is true. Others looked shock as me.  I think I had a huge smile on my face because when I looked back her eyes widened and giggled softly. At that moment she was the most beautiful girl in the world. She is simply amazing. Then I heard someone clear throat.

“uh guys! Sorry to interrupt. But we waited for more than 5 minutes?”

I looked back thinking to kill whoever interrupted our moment.

So there was a moment?

Shut up. You know what I meant.

“Yeah we are coming” I took Jessica’s hand dragged her to the door. I heard a gasp. I know no one tried to take her hand before. Not even Tiffany. But I made a decision that I will be straight forward and try to become friends. Just be yourself and everything will be ok Yuri.  

I looked at her and she was looking at our hands. I act like I didn’t care. Then she raised her eyebrows and glared.

“What?” I asked.

“Did I tell you to take my hand?”

“Nope. But friends don’t have to ask” I smirked. Teek. Wrong answer

“Oh really? Since when we become friends? ”

“Um Yes? We were friends for past 2 weeks. Didn’t you know?”  I pretend to be surprised.

“What? We didn’t even talk for past weeks” 

“That doesn’t mean we are not friends. I like to think it as our getting to know each other phase. Now you are officially my friend” I squeezed her hand to emphasize my point and smiled.

“Just because I accepted your invitation doesn’t mean I accepted you as a friend you idiot” she was getting red and I thought she might be explode any second. Mission abort!   My mind giving me warning signals. But Kwon Yuri doesn’t back down from challenges or don’t break promises. Besides I had a feeling that she was enjoying herself too. Because she didn’t take back her hand.

“Oh! You even gave me a nickname? Then let me give you one too. How about ice princess huh?”  I wiggled my eyebrows and smirked.   

“Now you make me regret my decision for going out with you” She huffed in annoyance.

“Don’t worry princess. This is just the beginning. You can’t get rid of me now. You are stuck with me forever” I said smiling. Although I looked like I was joking I meant what I said. I think she thought that too, because she stared at me for few seconds and looked away. She didn’t reply. I take that as a good sign.

After that we walked silently listening to others and laughing to their silly bickering. This is home. I sighed contently.