Chapter 14: Fighting a losing battle

Because you loved me

“Sica, wake up baby” I kissed her head and caresses her hair.

“mng mfd” she mumbled half asleep. I smiled.

“No you can’t. We’ll be late” I said and she opened her eyes and looked at me.

Now that’s the most beautiful sight for me.

You are drooling Yuri

What? I am just admiring my beautiful girlfriend.

Yeah and drooling over her

“How do you know what I was saying?” She asked.

“I woke you up for past 3 years. So I can understand your morning language” I smirked.

“Now get ready and I’ll bring breakfast” I said.

“What’s the occasion?”

“Nothing. Can’t I treat my girlfriend without special occasion?”

“Aww. That’s so sweet baby. Come here” She squealed and pulled me to her. I fell on top of her.

“humf. You are too heavy”

I pout and looked at her. I know she is joking because when I fell down I put my hand on bed so I wouldn’t crush her.

“aww. I was just kidding. You are my beautiful and y girlfriend. Now give me my morning kiss”

She leaned for a kiss.

Huh! Now it’s my turn to tease you Sica baby.

“You stink. I don’t want to kiss you” I said and smirked. She stopped at the mid then her eyes flew open. She stared at me in disbelieve for a second and pushed me off her.

Oh! Did I go too far with the joke?

“Like that stopped you before” She smirked at me.

Huh! I don’t have a comeback for that. She has a point.

“Good morning baby” I leaned to her and kissed her on lips. I don’t know how many times I kissed her. But every time I feel her lips on me it feels like the 1st time I kissed her. Simply amazing.

 Uh! Ok I don’t think I have to explain what happened next. (A/N: This is Yuri’s POV and she says she is embarrassed to tell. Right now, she is blushing madly)

“I love you Sica” I pecked her lips.

“Love you too Yuri-ah” She smiled at me.

I got up from bed and pulled Sica up.

 “Ok now get going” I said slapping her .

“Ya! You are worse than Taeyeon” She said and walked to the bathroom.

“But you love me for that” I shouted back and walked out of the room, smiling.

Since the day Minho Oppa started to hang out with me, I tried to spend more time with Sica, because I don’t want her to doubt our love even for a minute. So I took her for surprise dates, brought small gifts like couple rings, wrist bands etc. , hang out more in our dorm and showed her how much I love her when we are alone.

Minho Oppa came to see our practices almost every day and we talk, laugh and prank others like old times. As I said we were best friends before he confessed to me. It really felt good to joke and talk with him. But no matter how close we are I still couldn’t tell him about me and Sica. If I tell him about us, it can clear everything up and everything will be ok. But I didn’t have courage. Not yet. I know Sica hate to see that I and Minho Oppa talking but she never said anything and I am grateful to her. That’s why I try to make it up to her in every way I can.

After having breakfast in the bedroom we went to SM for our practices. I was entering the practice room when I my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID.

“Hey Oppa. What’s up?”

“Good morning to you too”

“Good morning Oppa. Why you call me this early huh?”

“Why? Can’t I talk to my best friend in the morning? So what’s your plan today?”

“Just practices. Why?”

“I want to take you somewhere. Be ready at 4.00”

“But where? Only you and me?” I said. We never go anywhere alone before. What he is up to? Then I felt someone took my hand. I turned to see Sica looking at me. She didn’t say anything but her expression was like she is pleading me not to go.

“yeah. Just you and me. Any problem with that?”

“Um.. no. But can’t we take our members? And you didn’t answer to my 2nd question”

“No. You agree to be my best friend Yuri-ah. You don’t trust me?”

“It’s not that Oppa. We are best friends. But we never went alone like that”

“Yes it’s true. Don’t worry it’s not a date. Just as best friends. Now can you come?”

I looked at Sica.I am going to regret my decision.

“Ok Oppa”

“That’s my girl. Now I got to go. See you later buddy. Take care”

“Take care Oppa”

I ended the call and put the phone in my pocket.

“So you are going out with him? Is that why you did all that in the morning huh?” Sica said.

She didn’t shout like earlier. She looked calm, but for a split second I saw the disappointment and sadness and anger in her expression. I know I shouldn’t have done it. But he is just a friend and I can’t say no to a friend. That’s my personality. I didn’t want to hurt him.

Great! Now you hurt Sica instead.

But it’s not like that. I spend most of my time with her.

You should. She is your girlfriend.

I have friends too. But how can she say that I bribed her for Minho.

“It’s not like that Sica. How many times do I have to tell you? He is just a friend and it’s not a date. He said that himself”

“yeah. A friend who has feelings for you. I don’t want you to go alone. Would you like if I go out with someone alone? ”

“Sica, you won’t even at home in the evening. You have a schedule. It’s not like I am cancelling on a date. So can’t I hang out with a friend?”

“You still didn’t answer my question. I said would you like if I hang out with a friend who has feelings for me?” she did the quoting marks with her fingers when she said hang out. 

“ok 1st of all he doesn’t have feelings for me anymore. 2nd Who are you going to hang out with? You don’t have many friends outside SNSD. So it’s a moot point”

Ok now you crossed the line. You shouldn’t have said it.

 I realized what I said when I looked at her face. She looked hurt by what I said. It’s true she doesn’t have many friends outside of SNSD. That’s because others afraid to approach her because of her cold personality. Only few people like f(x) members and super junior Oppa knows that she like to joke and laugh. So it is a sensitive topic that we don’t talk much.

“Oh now I get it. You asked me out because I don’t have friends and you felt pity for me. Ok miss popular, go hang out with anyone you want. I don’t need your pity” she wiped the tears that fell down and turned her back to me.

“You know I didn’t mean it like that. I love you. You know I do. Please Sica” I back hugged her and put my arms around her.

“I love you too Yuri-ah. Every time you talk with him and laugh with him I feel like I am losing you. I can’t do this anymore. It hurt too much. What we want now is a cool off time Yuri. Then I really hope you’ll make the right decision” She broke the hug and walked out from the room.

I sighed went to the only place that calm me down or I go to when I want to be alone. I walked to a corner, sat on the floor and leaned against the wall. I don’t know how many hours or minutes I stayed like that. My mind went blank and I can’t think anything else.  Only Sica’s words kept repeating in my head. I came back to senses when someone pattered my shoulder. I looked up and saw tear filled eyes looking back at me. Then she hugged me and rocked me back and forth.

“Shhh Yul everything is going to be ok. I am here”

Seohyun POV

When I entered the SM building I saw someone walk toward me. Her head bowed and looking like she was holding back tears.

“Jessica Unni?” I stopped waiting for her to see me. But she walked past me without even sparing a glance.

Something has happened.

“Unni. Wait what happened?” I ran to her and took her hand stopping her.

“Unni? Are you crying? What is it?”

Ok this is something huge. I only cried like this the day she had a fight with Yuri.

Wait. So it is about them?

“Seo. Please take me somewhere. I can’t do this anymore” She is pleading. For the 1st time in past 3 years she is pleading. I hugged her and caressed her hair. I know it must be related to the thing I did. But still she is my Unni.

“Don’t worry Unni. Just calm down for a second and tell me what happened”

“sh…she is … gg…going out with him” she said crying.

Oh now. Did my plan backfire? He asked her our already then?

and most importantly she said yes? 

what the...

“Oh no. Jess what happened to you?” I was never so relieved to hear the voice of Sooyoung.

“Soo Unni. I think Jessica Unni and Yuri Unni had a fight. Can you please take her home? I have to do something first” I said.

“yeah sure. Come on Jess. Let’s go home ok?” Sooyoung put her hand around Jessica’s shoulder and took her away.

Ok now it’s settled I have to cancel our practice session and find Yuri.

I know for sure she must be more upset than Jessica Unni.

I called Taeyeon Unni and told her what happened. She said she will cancel our practices and go home for Sica. Thank god! Today only Taeyeon, Jessica, Sooyoung, Yuri and I had practices. So it was easier to cancel. I ran to find Yuri but I couldn’t find her. She wasn’t in the practice room, or cafeteria or in vocal practice room.

Oh god! Where is she? Please don’t tell me that she did something stupid like hurting herself.

Then I remembered Yuri goes to the roof top when she wants to be alone. No one knows that, but I always followed her there and waited for her.

Please Yuri. You have to be there.

I ran to the roof top and searched around. Then I saw a her, sitting in a corner. She was staring in to space. Her face is emotionless. I slowly walked to her but she didn’t know I was there.

Please Yuri. It hurts me to see you sad.

I sat beside her and tapped her shoulder. Then she turned to me. For the 1st time I regret what I did. Because the look on her face made me realize how much she love her girlfriend and how much I hurt her. I hugged her and she leaned to me. For few minutes we stayed like that. Then I felt tears fell to my shoulder.She was crying and she started to mumble things. The only words she said was "Sica I am sorry. Please don't do this"

Seohyun you are fighting a losing battle.

I know but there is not turning back now. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Hey guys,

mmmm yeah. I fogot to enter authors note before. I remembered it when I saw the comment of  DarkestAngel .. 

sorry about that. So it looks like they are going to break up right? But they didn't officially break up yet. 

So tell me what you think about this chapter. I really appriciate your comments because I get some ideas through them..

Untill the next chapter FIGHTING!!!!!!!!