Chapter 15: The Ice princess, part I

Because you loved me

Hey guys,

Today I am going to write author's note before the chapter. This chapter is mostly about a side story. It's actually a past memory of Taeyeon.

Now wait, before you change your mind about NOT reading this chapter let's me tell you this. That story is RELATED to the current story.

You will undertand in future. ah! and again I am going to put it in 2 chapters because I wrote so much. What can I say, I had so many ideas and this side story is one of them. 

As usual give me your comments. I really appreciate it, that's why I replied to evry comment. I am not weird right? anyway maybe this chapter is a failure, but I enjoyed writing it and hope it will not be boring. 

 

Taeyeon POV

“Where is she,Hyo?”

“Not now Tae. She is upset”

“Where the hell is she Kim Hyo-yeon?”

Hyo sighed and looked down. I know at the moment I am not just a friend. I am the best friend of Jung Sooyeon.

“She is in maknea’s room”

 I walked to the room and entered without knocking.

And I may have opened the door hard more than necessary. (Sheepish)

What? I was angry.

Yuri was lying down on the bed and her head was on Seo’s lap. Seo was caressing her hair and murmuring something to her. When I saw Yuri’s state I felt sad, because I never saw her this much upset over a something. Yuri is a carefree girl and she always smiles or makes others happy.

So I don’t know why she did this when I already warn her. Another thing that bothered me was the way maknea act. She wasn’t particularly close with Yuri before. Yoona, Sooyoung and  Hyo-yeon were always team up with Yuri to prank or dance or even hangout. Seo doesn’t talk with Yuri much. But when I just saw them together she act like Yuri’s best friend or ….. lover?

Is there something going on?

Nah. It’s just your imagination Taeyeon.

 “Seo, I want to talk to Yuri alone. Can you give us a minute?” I said looking at Yuri. Yuri looked at me and stood up. Then she nodded to Seo to go.

“Are you sure?” Seohyun asked without even looking at me.

See? That’s what I meant.

She is just looking after her Unni.

“Yes Seo. I’ll be fine” Yuri said and squeezed her hand. Seohyun looked at her for few minutes and walked away. When the door closed I turn to Yuri.

“Yuri, what the hell you were thinking?”

“Save your lecture Taeyeon. I don’t want to hear it”

“I told you not to hurt her. Look, she is hurt and she is also consider about leaving”

“Don’t act like you care about her. You don’t give a about her. All you think about yourself and what will happened to our group if we break up”

“You don’t know anything Yuri. I knew Sooyeon since the day she came to SM as a trainee. I was her best friend and I care about her more than you think. It took 5 years for her to make up her mind. She trusted you Yuri. She trusted you enough to fall in love again. Now you tell me what the hell you did”

“Then why aren’t..” I cut her off.

We are in a middle of a big problem and she ask me about past? Seriously?

“It’s not the time Yuri, Tell me what happened. I thought you love her. ”

“You think I don’t love her? After everything I did for her? You were there and do you think I was pretending?”

“I know you love her. It’s just… I can’t understand. Then why did you accept his date?”

“For the god’s sake it is not a date. He just wanted to hang out. Is that a crime?”

“but she said….”

“She thought it as a date. All I wanted for her to understand me and trust me. I begged her, Taeyeon. I begged her not to do this” Yuri kneeled on the flow crying.

Ok then it is a misunderstanding. We can solve this.

I sat on the floor and put my arm around her.

“Don’t worry. I’ll talk to her, ok?” I lifted her chin and wiped her tears.

She is still crying but I think she was listening to what I said.

“Now stop crying. It won’t change anything”

“But she said it’s over” she mumbled.

“She said she need space. She loves you Yuri. You have to prove her that Minho is just a friend”

“But I say that to her. I did everything I could”

“No you didn’t. If you want something, you have to fight for it and you are not fighting, Yuri. You are making excuse to give up”

“What do you want me to do then huh?”

“1st let her cool down for few days. I’ll talk to her and explain everything. Meanwhile you have to think of what to do next”

She didn’t say anything, but nodded her head.

“Don’t worry everything is going to be ok. I am here for you” I hugged her and pattered her back.

“You must be tired now. Go to sleep. I’ll ask someone to bring lunch. You get rest then we can talk ok?”

“Thanks Taeyeon. I am sorry for shouting at you”

“It’s ok. Yuri, I may not talk with you all the time. But I love you all. I know when you are sad or angry. But I am just not good with comforting. So if you want someone to talk about a problem, I am here. Ok?”

“I know, Tae”

“Ok good. I have to go now. Take care”

Ok it’s all misunderstanding. So I just have to explain it to Jess and make a plan for Yuri and Jess to talk alone.

I wanted to be alone and think about what to do next. I walked to the roof top of our dorm and sat on the floor.

I promised Yuri that I will talk with Sooyeon. But I haven’t talk with her alone since we broke up. I mean as best friends. I remembered the 1st time I saw a certain shy and silent girl that became my best friend.

Flashback

“Tae, it’s obvious that he loves you”

“No he doesn’t”

I and Sooyoung were heading for SM practices after our class ended. We started as trainee of SM entertainment this year. Sooyoung and I started at same time and we went to same school. That’s how we became best friends.

 “Then why do you think he offer to walk with you to every class huh?”

“Maybe he wants to be my friend?”

“That’s total bs and you know it”

“OK maybe he likes me. But I don’t have feelings for him. So it won’t happen again”

“yeah sure” she said sarcastically.

“Soo” I said and glared.

“What? I just think he is cute, funny and romaaaaaantic”

“It isn’t a drama Soo. Just finish your burger and stop bothering me, we are almost there”

We entered the practice room and walked to the corner to put our bags down. After we changed in to our practice clothes we sat on the floor while waiting for teacher. Then I saw a girl sitting in other corner of the room alone. She had her earphones on and her eyes closed. She looked like she is in her own world.

“Soo, what’s up with her?” I asked looking at her.

“Huh? Oh that’s Jessica.  She is the American girl”

“So she doesn’t have friends?”

“Mmm. She can’t understand what others say and she can’t talk Korean well. It’s hard to have a conversation with her. So others don’t bother” Sooyoung said.

Hmm. If she doesn’t have friends, should I try to talk to her?

You can try. But there is a big problem. You can’t speak English and she can’t speak Korean. So do you want to use sign language? 

I was going to talk to Jessica when teacher came. Since then I always look at her when I came to practice. She isn’t an arrogant person. I saw sometimes she look at other trainees laughing and chatting. I realized that she is too shy to approach anyone and she was waiting for others to talk to her.

One day I before our practices started I told Sooyoung to come with me. We walked to where Jessica was sitting. Then we sat near her. I think she heard us because suddenly she opened her eyes and looked at us. She looked surprised. I waved at her and smiled. Her eyes widened but she didn’t reply.

“Umm. What are you doing Tae?” Sooyoung whispered next to me.

“Making friends Soo”

Next few days we always sat near her when we go to SM, but she never talked with us or smile. One day Sooyoung offered her lunch to her. She was so surprised that she stay froze for a second. But she didn’t take it. But every day we did it until one day she accepted our food and said “Thank you” in Korean. That day Sooyoung and I were so happy, because finally we achieved something. Then next day when we entered I saw Jessica wasn’t listening songs. She was waiting for us looking at the door. I walked to her and sat there. At the lunch we offered her lunch and she thanked us. Then Sooyoung and I started talking about our class assignment. Suddenly I felt someone tapped my shoulder. When I turned around I saw Jessica giving us her lunch box. I felt so happy at that moment. Sooyoung and I took her food and I said “Thank you” in English.

Yes! I started to learn English so I could talk with her.

For the 1st time I saw her smile and it was the most beautiful moment of my life. Since that day I, Sooyeon and Sooyoung become best friends. I learnt her Korean name is Sooyeon and I was the only one who called her in that name. They call each other “Soo”, because both of their name start with “Soo”. It was funny and I tease them by calling as “Soo couple”.

Next 4 years were the best time of my life, because Sooyeon and Sooyoung. We were inseparable and they called us as “the trio”. (A/N: Yes. I got that from Harry potter :D).

But in 2004 everything changed. One day I woke up late and I sent a message to Sooyoung to meet me at our usual place near cafeteria. We had a small place we hang out when we have free time.

Sooyeon is going to kill me today.

I ran to find my friends as soon as I entered the school. when I came near the bench I saw them and I started to shout and wave. But I stopped in my track when I saw what they are doing. They were hugging and Sooyoung was caressing her hair.

What the…. Are they dating behind my back?

No. They would tell me, right?

 I am going to kill them for sure.

I walked silently to them and when I came close I heard Sooyeon was crying.

What happened to her?

I was going to call them. But then I heard something that stopped me in my track.

“I love her Soo. I waited 4 years for her to realize it. I can’t take it anymore”

“Shh… Don’t cry Sooyeon. Taeyeon love you. She just didn’t know it yet”

“For how long do I have to wait? I should just confess to her.”

Wait a minute. What? How? When did this happen? Is she talking about me?

That’s not the point, Are you ready to hear that confession? Do you like her?

I never thought about it before. What should I tell her. I can’t lose her too.

I was thinking about it when I saw Sooyoung was looking at me. I started to walk toward them but she signaled me to stop. She mouthed “Go now”.

Then I realized that I am not ready to face her yet, because I wasn’t sure about my feelings.

So I nodded my head and walked away. When I reached home I typed a message.

“Soo, take care of her. I won’t come to school next few days. It is lot to take and I want to think”

She replied within minutes.

“Please don’t hurt her. Think carefully before you make a decision. Take care”