Just Call Me Heechul

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Ryeowook looked up from his plate and noticed the frozen looks of his fellow staff members and boss.  They all looked as if they’d just swallowed something bitter tasting and were about to hurl.  Just behind Kyuhyun stood a man with a lop-sided grin across his face, glancing at the lot of them over his dark sunglasses despite the sun having set already.  His brown shoulder-length hair was tucked back behind one ear and he wore a bright pink blazer over a black t-shirt and red jeans, such an exotic look in this small town.

            As if the world were moving in slow motion, the other four did not turn their heads immediately so instead Ryeowook stood up and gave the stranger a small bow.  “Can I be of any service to you?”

            “Aren’t you precious,” the man said, clearly amused.  “No, my darling, but Eunhyuk can get up off his and get my bags and pay for my taxi since some didn’t answer his phone when I tried to call him for a ride from the airport.”

            Eunhyuk bit his lip and simply stood up and walked out of the room, having to maneuver around the newcomer who didn’t bother stepping out of his way.

            “You called?” Kyuhyun asked, turning around in his seat.

            “Don’t give me that !  I wasn’t born yesterday.  I knew that you’d avoid your family responsibilities so I decided to come a day early to throw you all off.  That and I missed my baby cousin, of course.”

            “Sure you did,” Kyuhyun said, getting up.

            “Come give cousin Heehee some love,” he ordered, opening his arms up wide.

            Kyuhyun sighed loudly but walked over to the newcomer and wrapped his arms around him and his cousin proceeded to swing him back and forth roughly and finally released him, throwing him off balance.  Kyuhyun managed to catch himself by extending his arm to the floor and threw a death glare at his cousin.   Before Kyuhyun had fully recovered, Yesung stood up and extended his hand to the new guest. 

            “Pleasure to see you back again, as always,” Yesung said, shaking his hand.

            “Ah, you’re the only one who misses me,” Heechul complained, throwing a look at Donghae that made him cower.  He then turned his attention to Ryeowook.  “Another new cook, I see.”

            “This is Kim Ryeowook.  He’s been with us for two days now.  Ryeowook, this is Mr. Cho’s cousin, Kim Heechul.”

            Ryeowook extended his hand to Heechul who looked it over for a second before committing to shaking his hand.  “A whole two days and you’re still here,” Heechul said.  “Congratulations!”

            “Thank you, sir.  Can I get you some dinner?”

            “Oh, I never eat dinner this late or I gain weight.  I’ll take some tea, perhaps, and a little fruit.”

            Ryeowook nodded and headed to the kitchen.  As he was preparing Heechul’s tea, he watched as Eunhyuk carried in five pieces of luggage and drug them all into the elevator to be brought up to his room.  Although he had the strap of one bag in his mouth and couldn’t speak, Ryeowook could read his facial expressions well enough to surmise what was going through his head.  Whatever happened to make Heechul dislike Eunhyuk more than the rest of the crew was clearly something to be avoided and Ryeowook’s first priority was going to be figuring out what that was so he didn’t make the same mistake.

            By the time he returned with Heechul’s tea and a cup of sliced fruit, he was sitting down in Eunhyuk’s seat next to Kyuhyun going on and on about his horrible flight and how the stewardesses all ignored him and that it was too cold. 

            “Any cream or sugar?” Ryeowook asked as he set it down in front of Heechul.

            “No, dear.  That’s fine,” he said, glancing down at the offered refreshments. 

            Ryeowook seated himself on the other side of Kyuhyun and resumed eating his dinner.  Yesung felt free to talk with the cousins and intermittently added an opinion here and there but he noticed that Donghae didn’t even look over at them and finished his dinner at lightning speed before carrying his plate into the kitchen and vanishing for the rest of the meal. 

            “Where’s Leeteuk?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “He’s coming in at the scheduled time but we wrapped up our filming a little early and I decided to take an earlier flight.”  He turned to look at Ryeowook as he continued.  “I’ve been filming a movie in Africa and we were out in the middle of nowhere for the last couple weeks.  I mean, these people have one television in the whole village that’s solar powered or some and they don’t wear clothes because it’s so hot there.  I thought I was going to shrivel up and die.  You can bet I nailed every damn scene in one or two takes just to get the hell out of there as soon as possible.  I’m never doing a movie like that again.  I look really good riding a camel through the desert scenes in Egypt but that’s all I have to say for it.  Those beasts are disgusting!”

            “Is your skin dry from being out in the sun all day?” Ryeowook asked.

            “Parched!  I had to go to a spa in Cairo before heading here and it took them all day to fix my nails and scrub off all the dry skin,” he complained, sipping his tea.  He paused for a moment after drinking it and looked directly at Ryeowook again.  “Darjeeling.  First flush?”

            Ryeowook nodded.  “You can tell?”

            “Oh, yes.  I’m particular about my tea.  And, since I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter