The Idiots and the Princess

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Yesung was not amused by the time he heard the car pull up to the driveway, since Eunhyuk and Donghae should have been back to work bright and early in the morning and it was nearly noon.  Boa, however, smiled sweetly as she heard the couple walk in through the back door of the mansion and met them at the door.  She was about to ask how their weekend in Seoul was when she stopped suddenly, clasped her hands together, and nearly jumped in her excitement at seeing a little ball of fur tucked into Eunhyuk’s arms.

            “Oooooh!” she cooed, moving closer.  “What’s this?”

            “This,” Eunhyuk proudly showed her, “is our new darling princess, Choco!”

            “So precious!” she said, looking over the little puppy and Eunhyuk willingly handed her off to Boa so he could drag in his bag from the weekend and the supplies he’d just purchased at the pet store for the dog.

            “What the hell is that thing?” Yesung asked, pointing.

            “She’s our puppy,” Donghae informed him.

            “Who said you could get a puppy?” he questioned.  “You can’t have a puppy!”

            “Who said we can’t?” Eunhyuk countered.

            “I’m not letting you bring a puppy into the house without Mr. Cho’s permission,” Yesung firmly said.

            “Oh, he’s not going to care,” Boa said, waving him off.  “Kyu loves dogs.”

            Donghae’s eyebrows rose as he passed by Yesung, grabbing the bags to bring upstairs and leaving Eunhyuk to deal with Yesung, since he was far better at handling him.

            “Kyu doesn’t mind Kkoming visiting every now and then, but having a puppy peeing on everything and chewing things up is another matter entirely!  Think of the things he’ll destroy!”

            “She,” Boa corrected.

            “Huh?” Yesung questioned.

            “Choco is a girl.”

            Yesung rolled his eyes.  “Whatever!  Girl, boy…they’re just as destructive either way.  We can’t have a puppy in the house and that’s final.”

            “I’m not getting rid my baby girl when I know perfectly well that Mr. Cho isn’t going to give a crap if there’s a dog in the house or not.  Maybe a month ago he would have had a coronary about it, but now that he’s getting laid every night, he doesn’t give a flip if there’s a whole pack of dogs running wild in his house.  You’re the only one who cares and I don’t care what you think,” Eunhyuk said, stealing his puppy back from Boa and kissing her on the forehead. 

            At this point, Donghae had raced back down the stairs and was at Eunhyuk’s side to support him, reaching over to pet their new darling.

            “How about we just call Kyu and ask him?” Boa suggested. 

            Yesung looked at his watch and shook his head.  “He’s in the sound studio right now and they won’t let him bring his phone in with him if he’s recording.”

            “Then we’re at an impasse,” she said, shrugging.  “I suggest that we let the pup stay until Kyu gets back tomorrow and can decide for himself.”

            “That’s a grand idea,” Yesung said sarcastically, “but all of us are scheduled to work today, which means there’s no one available to watch the dog.  Certainly you aren’t planning to just leave her in your bedroom all day when she’s not even potty trained yet?”

            Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at one another.  They’d hoped to be able to keep her with one or the other of them most of the day, but clearly Yesung wasn’t going to budge on this.  They really would have to leave her alone in the room all day and hope she wouldn’t get too scared being in there by herself and that she wouldn’t have too many accidents or chew up everything. 

            “I’ll watch her!”

            The trio let out a sigh of relief as Yunho walked in the door from outside, having recently returned from being in town.  He dropped off a bag of groceries on the counter and then walked over to the two men and their new puppy. 

            “You’re a lifesaver!” Donghae exclaimed.

            Yunho began to pet the little pup, who began to gnaw on his finger.  “I love puppies.  I haven’t had a dog since I was younger, but I’ve always wanted to get one again.  Maybe someday.  We’ll have fun today.  What’s her name?”

            “Choco,” Eunhyuk informed him.  “We picked her up on our way home from the city.”

            “She’s a beauty!” Yunho exclaimed, stealing her away from her dads.        

            Yesung grumbled to himself, but refrained from telling their guest he couldn’t watch the dog all day, since he couldn’t actually order Yunho around.  Instead, he crossed his arms over his chest, leaned against the counter, and glared at the group. 

            “What made you suddenly decide to get a dog?” Boa asked them.

            Although Yunho was technically supposed to be in charge of the dog now, Donghae couldn’t help but still reach over and ruffle her fur a little.  “Well, I guess we just kind of hit that spot in our relationship where we thought it was safe to be a bit more committed and decided to celebrate by getting a pet.”

            “What?” Yunho questioned.  “Is it your anniversary or something?”

            “Nah, that’s not for a couple months yet,” Eunhyuk said.  “We’re coming up on our fifth year together.”

            Donghae gave Eunhyuk a sinister smile and then he turned back to look at Boa and Yunho.  “No, it wasn’t to celebrate our anniversary…it was more like an engagement present.”

            “What?” Yesung asked, jumping up straight.

            “Engagement?” Boa asked.

            “Yeah,” Eunhyuk said, smirking at their startled expressions.  “We’re getting married.”

            Boa let out a little scream and then covered , surprised at her own reaction. 

            “Congratulations!” Yunho said, being the first to recover.

            Eunhyuk looked over at Yesung, whose mouth was hanging open at them and he was staring in disbelief.  Finally, he just walked over to the shocked butler and snapped his fingers in front of his face.  “Earth to Yesung!”

            Yesung looked at Eunhyuk with a panicked expression.  “Have you told your brother this yet?”

            “No,” Eunhyuk admitted, “but I suppose he’ll kill me for telling you before him, now that I think of it.”  He began to pull his phone out of his pocket, but Yesung quickly snatched it away from him.

            “You don’t really need to tell him today,” Yesung pointed out, shaking his head.

            “Oh, I’d better tell him as soon as possible or I’ll never hear the end of it.”

            “But once you do tell him, I’ll never here the end of it.”

            Eunhyuk started to laugh and grabbed his phone from Yesung.  “Yeah, that’s probably true.  You know he’ll want to help plan the whole damn thing!  Then he’ll probably start whining about how much he wants to get married himself.  Oh, this is going to be so, so, so much fun!”

            “I hate you,” Yesung informed him.  “You are like my archenemy.”

            “Actually, I’m probably your future brother-in-law, which is about the same damn thing,” Eunhyuk pointed out, punchi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter