Closer

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Kyuhyun opened the door quietly and peeked into the room.  It was unlocked so he should be there.  As he shut the door and set down his bag, his eyes adjusted enough to look around and he spotted a pile of messy blankets on the bed and figured Ryeowook was hidden somewhere beneath it.  The evil prankster half of him debated jumping onto the bed to really give his boyfriend a surprise but his sweet romantic side ended up winning instead and Kyuhyun dug through the blankets to find his boyfriend buried under them, hugging Kyuhyun’s pillow to his chest, as if it were taking his place. 

            He pried the pillow out of his hands and replaced it at the head of the bed before he snuck under the covers and pulled Ryeowook into his arms and began kissing his lips.  Gradually he felt Ryeowook respond to him, first by kissing him back lazily, then by grasping the back of his shirt in his hands.  By the time he woke, he was clinging to Kyuhyun desperately and refused to let Kyuhyun break the kiss to speak to him.  Eventually they were both breathless and Ryeowook had no choice but to pull away for a moment.

            “You’re back!” he panted, hugging Kyuhyun close.

            Just this alone felt good enough to fly home early for.  Kyuhyun tilted Ryeowook’s chin up to him.  Ryeowook’s hair was falling into his shining eyes, looking at him longingly, and his lips were swollen from kissing him so much already.  If that alone wasn’t enough to make him want to reclaim his boyfriend that very second, the fact that he’d put on one of Kyuhyun’s shirts to sleep in, which hung loosely on him, seemed to put him over the edge. 

            “I missed you,” Kyuhyun admitted, his voice thick with want.

            “I missed you too,” Ryeowook said, his arms still securely around his neck.  “Did you fly in early just to see me?”

            Kyuhyun nodded and felt his cheeks burn a little.  He hoped that Ryeowook couldn’t see his embarrassment in the dark.  His boyfriend had him doing all sorts of silly things he’d never done before.  “If it weren’t for you I probably would have stayed a couple extra days just to get a break from the relatives.  Did they behave while I was gone?”

            “Yeah.  In fact, it was abnormally quiet.  Everyone acts like ordinary people when you’re away,” Ryeowook said, loosening his grip on Kyuhyun so he could idly play with him, touching his face and pulling on his ear, fixing his hair and squeezing his cheek.  It was distracting and annoying and Kyuhyun loved every moment of it.

            “I always kind of knew I brought the worst out in them.”

            “Me too!  I’m such an angel when you’re not around to corrupt me,” Ryeowook teased.

            “The hell you are,” Kyuhyun growled.  “You’re just good at hiding your true nature.”

            Ryeowook laughed at this and didn’t bother trying to deny it.  “I should probably warn you that Siwon was over trying to woo your cousin yesterday.  He even talked her into going on a walk with him and brought her flowers.  You know, I have to admit, I don’t really find him as annoying as you do.  Why is it you don’t like him very much?”

            Kyuhyun sighed.  “Since the day he moved in next door, his only interest has been dating either my sister or my cousin.  He’s never tried to buddy up to any of the rest of us.  Only the women.  My mom loves him, he’s very nice to her, but he could care less about me or the staff or my male cousins.”

            “Weird.  He talks to me quite a bit though.”

            Kyuhyun had two theories about that.  The first he would keep to himself for eternity because he had this feeling that telling Ryeowook that he was rather feminine wasn’t going to go over well.  Even Sungmin acted manlier than Ryeowook.  The other reason was one they’d discussed before.  “As I mentioned earlier, you actually invited him into the house so he could flirt with the girls at close range.  You’re now his best bud in the whole world.  He probably saw my car leave yesterday and hightailed it over here the first chance he got.”

            “He does have a really good view of your house from his living room,” Ryeowook admitted.

            “How long were you in his house?”

            “A few hours.”

            “That long!”

            “Well, you were looking all over the area for me, I had to lay low somewhere,” Ryeowook justified.

            “I don’t want you in his house ever again,” Kyuhyun said.  “I still hold that against him.”

            “Well, I think it was rather nice of him to help me out, so I won’t make any kind of stupid promise,” he countered.

            Kyuhyun kissed him suddenly, taking his time to explore Ryeowook’s mouth and slowly driving him senseless before he pulled away again.  “I don’t want to argue with you.  You can be friends with whoever you want but I’d rather you stay at our house to do it.”

            “Our house?”

            “God, don’t read too much into that.  I say that to Yesung and Hyuk and everyone too.  You do live here, you know.”

            Ryeowook laughed and pulled Kyuhyun closer.  “But you do want me to sleep in your room from now on.”

            “You can move your stuff in if you want.  I have no idea how comfortable you are with that yet,” Kyuhyun said, getting flustered quickly.  “I’d love to have you sleep in here all the time but if you still want your own room to keep your things or if you want to be by yourself some nights, I’m not going to give you a hard time.  I won’t pretend not to miss you though.”

            “Aside from living in the dorms, I’ve never shared a room before—let alone a bed!  This is all new to me,” Ryeowook informed him.

            “I know,” Kyuhyun only said, trying not to be demanding.

            “But I’m here right now,” Ryeowook pointed out, reaching up to play with Kyuhyun’s hair again.

            “That you are…” Kyuhyun said, rolling them over until Ryeowook was lying on his back.  He was done talking for the moment.  He’d spent too long being separated from his new lover already and their conversation was only making him more anxious because it seemed clear to him that he felt more for Ryeowook than Ryeowook felt for him.  And it wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter