Divergence

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Eunhyuk leaned against the kitchen counter in amusement, watching Yesung carry yet another heavy box of books out to the car as he sipped on his smoothie.  When Sungmin returned, he glared at this brother.  “Would it kill you to offer to help out?”

            “The hell with that!  I work hard enough around here!” Eunhyuk announced.

            Ryeowook scoffed at his words, glancing up at him from his spot at the counter where he was cutting vegetables for dinner, but he said nothing.

            “Yeah, look at you, slaving away!” Sungmin countered.

            “Besides, he’s not my boyfriend.”

            “One would think you’d be eager enough to have him out of the house to help out,” Sungmin said, before heading back up the stairs.

            A few seconds later, Donghae walked down the stairs, looking back up behind him.  He pointed over his shoulder.  “What’s your brother so pissed about?”

            “He wants me to help them move Yesung’s stuff out but I told him no.”

            Donghae frowned and shook his head before going back up the stairs. 

            “I’m telling myself that you’re not lazy, you’re just throwing a fit because you believe that if Yesung moves out, your brother will visit less,” Ryeowook finally said, tossing his chopped onions into a bowl.  “Because even Kyuhyun got his out of bed early to help move boxes.”

            “Why aren’t you helping?” Eunhyuk said.

            “I helped him pack his stuff into boxes until late last night and I’m making everyone dinner.”

            Eunhyuk made a funny face at Ryeowook the moment he turned his back to add the onions to the pot on the stove.  He finished his smoothie and walked the dirty glass over to the sink.  “Are Heechul and Ahra going with you two to Seoul tomorrow?”

            “I doubt it,” Ryeowook said.

            Eunhyuk huffed loudly.

            “Not that it should matter much to you, since you aren’t in charge of helping them anymore anyway,” he pointed out.

            “It would be nice if they all just left soon.  This isn’t a damn hotel!”

            “What the hell are you so bitter about?” Donghae asked as he returned down the stairs behind Kyuhyun, both of them with arms loaded. 

            “I don’t get why they bother staying when neither of them bother to spend any time with Mr. Cho anyway,” he claimed.

            “If it doesn’t bother Mr. Cho, why does it bother you?” Donghae countered as he walked out the door to the garage.

            Just after Donghae walked out the door, Siwon marched into the kitchen and looked around.  He smiled when he saw Ryeowook near the stove and walked over.  “Someone moving?”

            “Oh, good afternoon, Siwon!” Ryeowook greeted him with a sincere smile.  “Yesung is moving into Minnie’s house.”

            “I thought he already had,” Siwon only said.

            “Not officially,” Ryeowook quietly informed him.  “But he’s always there.”

            Siwon nodded.  “Do they need help?”

            “I’m sure they wouldn’t refuse,” Ryeowook said, pointing to the stairway. 

            With Siwon volunteering to help out now too, Eunhyuk was determined to get away from the whole lot of them and headed out of the kitchen and up the other staircase, where he ran into Ahra coming down the stairs.  She gave him a polite smile as she descended the staircase.

            “Hello.”

            Eunhyuk couldn’t help but grin.  Even if he was happily in a relationship with Donghae, he always had thought Kyuhyun’s sister rather pretty and sweet in comparison to her male relatives. 

            “Hello,” he shyly responded.  “I should probably warn you that Siwon is in the house helping Yesung move.”

            Ahra sighed but still maintained her smile.  “Thanks for the warning.”

            At that, she disappeared around the corner and Eunhyuk headed up to the third floor to tidy up the exercise room while no one was in it.  Ahra seemed to show no signs of knowing about the pictures or the reason that he was no longer looking after Heechul.  He could only assume that the actor decided to leave her out of the loop so she wouldn’t worry.  Not that he’d ever release a picture like that to the media.  Not only was he not that cruel but it would be the fastest way of losing his job.  And even if the actor deserved to have his ego taken down a notch, Ahra didn’t.

            But just because he didn’t want to expose them to the public didn’t mean he shouldn’t tell Kyuhyun about his sister and cousin sleeping together.  He couldn’t even figure out how serious the relationship was.  For many years, he’d known them to be rather inseparable but they’d spent almost a year apart before both arriving here.  What did that mean?  How long had they been involved together?

            If the public found out about this, it could cost more than Heechul’s reputation.  Kyuhyun’s possible return to singing could be affected and even Leeteuk’s corporate ventures.  The debate was, should he keep secret about something that might just be a fleeting curiosity on both their parts or should he warn his boss about the possible secret relationship in case the media eventually got wind of it?

            Eunhyuk wanted to ensure nothing hampered Kyuhyun’s possible return to singing.  He missed the days of travelling around the world with his boss as his personal assistant instead of being stuck at the house, washing laundry and driving a car around town.  He wanted to see different countries and move about freely again.

            Eunhyuk was deep in thought when he entered the exercise room and didn’t immediately register Leeteuk lifting free weights in the corner until he was nearly all the way over at that end.  “Oh, sorry!  I didn’t know anyone was in here,” he said.

            “I’m almost finished.  Feel free to work around me,” Leeteuk said, breathing a little heavier as he worked out.

            “Thank you,” Eunhyuk said, grabbing his cleaning supplies.  He would honestly miss Kyuhyun’s oldest cousin, who was leaving in the morning.  Of all the men in his family, Leeteuk was the most thoughtful and required the least amount of attention.

            “I thought you’d be fishing this morning, since it’s your last d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter