Good-bye Bachelorhood

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Good-bye Bachelorhood

            The benefit of living in a small town, an hour away from Seoul, is that when a group of famous singers pack into a bar together to start drinking and singing karaoke, either the locals have no clue who they are or they don’t care.  Besides, over half the people in the bar were part of the bachelor’s party. 

            Round seven was on Leeteuk and when everyone had their shot glasses, minus the few people who’d decided to stay sober for the night—namely Kyuhyun and Yesung, but mostly out of fear for what would happen to their boyfriends if they got drunk and weren’t paying attention—they rose their glasses in the air.  “To present company and old friends!” Leeteuk cheered, already far drunker than Kyuhyun had ever seen him already.

            Everyone cheered and took another shot. 

            Then the music resumed with Onew playing the piano and Jonghyun singing one of his livelier singles. Most of the partiers were still dancing.  Currently, Ryeowook was dancing with Minho, who was doing some kind of disco-like dance with him.  And somehow, they still looked good together dancing. Minho looked good not matter how ridiculous he acted.  Kyuhyun had refused to dance altogether.  He knew he was an awful dancer and did not need his Shinee buddies making fun of his inabilities.  He was already painfully aware that he couldn’t dance.  Ryeowook would eventually figure it out.

            A moment later, Sungmin walked over and set a shot down in front of Kyuhyun.  “We already drank to old friends during the second round.  But I think you and I should drink one together for old time’s sake.”

            Kyuhyun’s brows rose.  His curiosity got the better of him.  “What to?”

            “Exes!  To getting out of bad relationships and finding significant others better suited to us,” he said, holding up his shot glass. 

            “You talked me into it,” Kyuhyun said, clinking glasses with him and downing his glass.  “Good riddance, by the way.  Be nice to Yesung.  I actually kind of care what happens to him.”

            Sungmin winked at him.  “So do I.  Looks like we have something in common after all.”

            Yesung walked over, arms crossed, and looked from Kyuhyun to Sungmin.  “It worries me to see the two of you talking for a whole minute without shouting at each other.”

            “Hard to believe, I know,” Kyuhyun agreed. 

            “We dated for two years,” Sungmin reminded Yesung.  “We didn’t fight the whole time.  Kyuhyunnie and I can actually get along if we really try.”

            “I have to dig deep,” Kyuhyun said, patting his chest.  “I really only bring out my good behavior for big occasions, like weddings.”

            “Since when?” Yesung questioned.

            Kyuhyun laughed at this.  “You don’t look like you’re having any fun.”

            “Neither do you,” Yesung pointed out.  “We should have just stayed home with Boa and the girls.  They’re probably bored to tears.  We could have played board games with them or took them to a movie.”

            “They probably all went to sleep early.  I’m a little envious,” Kyuhyun admitted.  “It’s after two in the morning and the photographers are going to get to the house at ten for pictures.”

            “We should probably wrap things up soon.  Maybe play a few slower songs to calm everyone down a bit,” Yesung suggested.

            Just then, another Shinee song began to play.  Sungmin grabbed Yesung’s wrist and pulled him out onto the dance floor.  Kyuhyun shook his head.  Yesung was not a great dancer.  In fact, he was worse than Kyuhyun, even sober.  In contrast, Eunhyuk and Donghae were horribly drunk and you couldn’t tell.  They were two of the best dancers on the floor.  Their only competition came from Taemin—Kyuhyun personally thought Taemin was the best dancer there—and, oddly enough, Yunho.  He would never have guessed the reclusive game designer was such a good dancer.

            Kyuhyun scanned the dancefloor a moment, until he heard the singing begin and realized that Jonghyun and Minho had drug his boyfriend up onstage with them.  They began to sing Hello, Hello together and Jonghyun pulled Ryeowook close, as if he were serenading him. 

            Kyuhyun sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. 

            Minho simply sang most of the backup vocals and the rap, walking around the stage, just trying to rile up the audience.  Kyuhyun finally jumped off his bar stool and headed for the stage to rescue his boyfriend as the song neared its end.  He had no doubt that the two clowns would keep Ryeowook on the stage until they lured him up there.  He felt certain that was their aim.

            “Ah, look who’s here!” Minho said into his microphone, pretending to be surprised. 

            “Give me that,” Kyuhyun said, stealing the microphone from Minho.  “What the hell did you drag me up here to sing?”

            Minho tapped his cheek, as if he was debating what he wanted to hear.  “Hmm?  I don’t kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter