Confusion

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Confusion

            Siwon looked over at Yunho and Boa, frowning.  Then he pat Kangin on the back, who was also frowning.  “I’m sorry to hear about your sister, man.”

            Kangin sighed heavily.  “So am I.”

            “I didn’t even know she was going out with him.”

            “She wasn’t going out with him for very long!” Kangin simply responded, glaring over at his new brother-in-law, who was being congratulated by some friends of Eunhyuk’s. 

            “I wonder if it will last?” the famous actor questioned.

            “It better!” Kangin grumbled moodily.

            Siwon looked over at him with raised brows.  “Your sister would not have a problem finding a new spouse if it didn’t work out.  She’s a kind-hearted woman who always thinks of her family and friends first, she’s very talented and hardworking, and she comes from a nice family.”

            Kangin looked over at him questioningly.  All along, he’d just assumed that Siwon had some strange obsession with the women of Kyuhyun’s family and would have dated either Boa or Ahra, but it genuinely sounded like he had a crush on Boa.  “You are one of the few people who see her as I do,” Kangin confessed.  “And Kyu, I think.  But I thought you were equally smitten with Ahra.”

            “Ahra?” Siwon questioned.  “Hasn’t she always been interested in Heechul?  I think she’s been crushing on him since she was a teenager.  And Heechul just about has a heart attack any time I try to start a conversation with her.  No, I only befriended Ahra because she’s a nice girl and she’s very close to her cousin.”

            Kangin still wouldn’t have wanted Boa to date or marry someone as famous as Siwon.  She never would have fit in with his lifestyle.  But his opinion of the actor was rising.  “I don’t think my sister will end up leaving Yunho.  They seem very well suited.  I only wish she would have told me she was getting married ahead of time.  But if she hadn’t married him and fell for you instead, I’ll admit that she could have done much worse.”

            Siwon smirked.  “I think that might be your version of a compliment, so I’ll take it.”

            “I still don’t like your acting though.”

 

            Kyuhyun walked over to the edge of the garden and braced himself for an overly emotional Minho because his friend had trampled the grass flat in a line along the side of the mansion, pacing back and forth. 

            “I finally got Ryeowook dressed and downstairs,” Kyuhyun announced, walking over to the self-absorbed singer.  “He looks like the living dead and I’ll probably have to check on him before the ceremony begins, so you only have about five minutes to tell me what has you killing my grass.  Shindong’s going to be pissed, by the way!”

            Minho stopped cold and looked down at the ground.  “Sorry.”

            Kyuhyun waved him off.  “Don’t worry about that.  What’s going on?  Why are you over here all by yourself when everyone else is taking their seats under the tent?”

            Minho tilted his head back and ran his hands through his hair.  “I ed up.”

            “You up all the time!  Why are you worried about it now?”

            Minho glanced past Kyuhyun towards the tent and lowered his voice, although there was no one anywhere near them.  “I accidentally told Taemin I loved him this morning.”

            “I thought you did love him.”

            “I do!” Minho said, starting to pace again.  “But Taemin flipped out when I said it.  We’ve never been committed.  You know?”

            “Oh,” Kyuhyun replied.  He didn’t have a good response to that.  All things considered, he was pretty ty at relationship stuff and he heavily relied on Ryeowook to tell him what he was doing wrong, so he didn’t mess everything up like he nearly did in the beginning.  He really didn’t know what to tell Minho.  “Should I get Sungmin over here to talk to you?”  Sungmin was friends with Minho and knew more about relationships than he did. 

            Minho shook his head.  “He’s just going to tell me I’m an idiot and I shouldn’t have expected more.  I just need to vent.”

            Kyuhyun nodded.  “You can talk to me about it, if you think that’s going to help.  I don’t know how that really helps the situation though.”

            Minho looked back over at him, glaring.  “Maybe it doesn’t.”

            “Talking to Kyu doesn’t.”

            They both looked over at Eunhyuk as he walked over and adjusted the sleeves of his jacket.  “And I suppose you’re going to claim to be the expert?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “Of the three of us, I’m the one getting married in twenty minutes.”

            “He has a point,” Minho agreed.

            “And what does the expert have to say?” Kyuhyun questioned.

            “Did he tell you why he was upset over you saying that you love him?” Eunhyuk asked.

            Minho was silent a moment.  “No.”

            “Instead of jumping to a bunch of conclusions, thinking that he doesn’t want to be with you because he’s afraid of commitment, you should talk to him about it first.  Perhaps the reason he’s upset isn’t what you think it is,” Eunhyuk said.

            Minho shook his head.  “I’m sure you’re wrong.  Taemin breaks up with everyone who tries to tie him down.”

            Eunhyuk only smirked, adjusting his tie.

            Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed as he observed his assistant.  They’d been working together for a long time.  He knew that Eunhyuk wasn’t telling them something.  “What?”

            Eunhyuk shook his head.  “Nothing…I just know I’m right,” he said, heading towards the tent.

            “Why?” Kyuhyun pressed.

            Eunhyuk was nearly out of earshot when he replied, “Cause I spoke to Taemin earlier.”

            Minho waves his hand towards the smug groom.  “Taemin told him?”

            “He’s annoying.  People tell him just to get him to shut up.”

            “And yet, he’s getting married!” Minho pointed out.

            Kyuhyun grabbed Minho’s arm and drug him towards the tent.  “Speaking of which, we’ll have to deal with your drama later or we’re going to miss it.”  What a hell of a day it was turning out to be.  The power only turned back on forty-five minutes prior, Ryeowook was horribly sick, the mansion was overcrowded, his demon ex-boyfriend was running the show, Minho was having a nervous breakdown, Eunhyuk had suddenly become the wise man (which didn’t bode well for anyone), and it was still only early afternoon.  There was still plenty of time for everything else to fall apart. 

            “How was I supposed to talk to him?  I couldn’t find him all morning!”

            “He was probably hiding in Hyuk’s dressing room.”

            Minho nervously looked over at the tent.  “He’s sitting with the rest of the members and Sungmin now.  I can’t go over there.”

            “You’ve been looking for him all morning!”

            “But we can’t talk with everyone else listening in!”

            Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.  “So sit with my cousins.”

            Minho frowned.

            “You know I love you and I really want to help, but I have about fifteen minutes to get Ryeowook functional enough to perform through the wedding.  Can this wait a few hours?  Boa would be wonderful to talk to about relationship problems!”

            Minho looked from Kyuhyun to where Boa was sitting with her new husband.  “I don’t think that’s a good idea.  She’s too…happy.”

            “You should have told me you were looking for miserable and unhappy.  Where’s Yesung?” Kyuhyun asked, looking around.  “He’s dating Sungmin.  There can’t be anyone more miserable on the planet…”

            “He’s sitting next to his boyfriend, looking happier than I’ve seen him in years, with the rest of my bandmates,” Minho pointed out.

            Kyuhyun laughed and pat Minho’s back.  “You’re on your own.  I can’t help you.”

           

            The wedding was close to starting and Changmin was sitting with a bunch of people he didn’t know.  He’d opted out of sitting with Boa and Yunho, since they were sitting right next to Kangin and Leeteuk.  There were some strange vibes coming from that group that made him feel a little uncomfortable.  Kangin looked ready to murder someone.  Yunho honestly didn’t look much happier.  Boa and Leeteuk looked so happy, it was hard to say if they were really that content or faking it to offset some of the negativity from their significant others. 

            The invitation had read Changmin and Guest, but Changmin didn’t have anyone to bring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter