Blowing Covers

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
            Kyuhyun continued to kiss Ryeowook thoroughly, the moment that Eunhyuk headed out of the room, but Ryeowook put a quick stop to it and gently pushed him away.  “I’m never going to finish getting dinner ready if you keep interrupting me like this.  Aren’t you hungry?”

            “I am,” Kyuhyun admitted.  “Just not for food.”

            “You’re incorrigible,” Ryeowook muttered in exasperation.  “You stay over there or I’m kicking you out altogether.”

            “It’s my kitchen,” he pointed out.

            “Are you going to cook then?” Ryeowook asked, his brows rising as he looked over at his boyfriend, who just stuck out his lower lip to pout.  “You can do that all you want and I’m not going to feel bad.  You can have me all to yourself after dinner.  And then you have three whole days with me…you’ll probably be tired of seeing me by the end of it.”

            “I’m pretty sure that’s impossible,” Kyuhyun said and resumed leaning against the counter, thinking.  “If it’s not Yesung and Min or Yunho and Boa, then that only leaves Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, and my sister.  Unless Shindong’s cheating on his girl.”

            “With who?” Ryeowook questioned.

            “Good point,” he said.  “My sister’s known for being a bit promiscuous but even she wouldn’t stoop that low.”

            Ryeowook turned to face Kyuhyun, glaring.  “And what’s wrong with poor Shindong?  He happens to be the only sane employee you have!”

            “You’re not sane?” Kyuhyun questioned.

            “Clearly not!  I’m dating you, aren’t I?”

            “That you are!” he said, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend from behind and kissing his neck several times before his thoughts returned to the conversation he’d just had with Eunhyuk.  “So, does that mean that Leeteuk and Kangin have finally hooked up?”

            “Leeteuk and Kangin?” Ryeowook questioned.

            “Yeah, those two were really tight back in the day.  I always thought they had a thing for one another and I was worried they would hesitate because they’re both my cousins, but technically they’re not really related, so it doesn’t matter.”

            Kyuhyun began to rock Ryeowook back and forth in his excitement.

            “I’m going to have to name this place the Love Shack or something.  All sorts of people are hooking up around here,” Kyuhyun realized.  “At first it was just Eunhyuk and Donghae, which isn’t that exciting.”

            “But you knew that Yesung and Minnie were interested in each other,” Ryeowook reminded him.

            “I didn’t think Yesung would ever make a move though,” he said, continuing to hold Ryeowook and sway him in his arms.

            “You seriously need to stop that so I can finish dinner,” Ryeowook warned.

            “Fine,” he said, kissing Ryeowook’s cheek once more before letting him go.  “I’m going to find Leeteuk and quiz him about what’s going on.”

            “Good, go have fun,” Ryeowook said, shushing him away.  “Dinner will be ready at seven.”

            “Okay, babe,” he said, running up the stairs in search of his cousin. 

            Just as he was about to turn the corner, he nearly smacked right into his sister.

            “Woah!  Sorry,” he apologized.

            “In a hurry?” she asked, startled.

            “No, I was just looking for Leeteuk.”

            “I just saw him enter his room,” she said, pointing behind her.  “Hey, you haven’t seen my cellphone sitting around anywhere, have you?  I thought I plugged it in before I went to bed last night but it wasn’t on my dresser this morning.  I must have set it down somewhere else without thinking.”

            “No,” he said, shaking his head.

            “Okay,” she said, sighing.  “Let me know if you run across it.”

            “Sure,” Kyuhyun said, in a hurry to catch up with Leeteuk before he moved somewhere else.  He was always running around doing different things and seemed to be the hardest person to keep track of in the house.  When he reached Leeteuk’s room, he knocked twice and waited until his cousin opened the door.

            Leeteuk gave Kyuhyun a warm smile when he realized it was him.  “What brings you here?”

            “I wanted to say good-bye to you before we got back to your place in Seoul.  Tomorrow we’ll be moving everything and there won’t be any opportunity for us to talk alone,” Kyuhyun said.

            Leeteuk waved him into the room.  “Here, take a seat while I continue packing.  Eunhyuk just brought me up the last of my clean laundry and I need to get this done as soon as possible.”

            Kyuhyun sat down on the opposite end of the bed.  “I’m so glad that you accepted my invitation to come over this time.  It’s been a long time since you’ve taken some time out for you.”

            “I know,” he said, smiling as he folded his laundry and placed it into the suitcase.  “I debated saying no, but I didn’t want to subject you to Heechul all by himself.  I hadn’t seen him as much lately either, I thought he was avoiding us still because of his fight with Ahra.”

            “Was it a fight?”

            “He claims it wasn’t and I knew he was still talking to her, but I don’t know how else to explain it.  Why else would you avoid someone like that?” he asked. 

            “Well, things seem to be getting better now.  They’re more agreeable than they usually are,” Kyuhyun pointed out.  “Anyway, hopefully they don’t stay too much longer once you leave.  Boa can stay forever if she wants, she’s never a problem.”

            “What if things continue with Yunho?  She might leave you too,” he said.

            “Kangin would never let her move in with him unless he married her, so there’s plenty of time.  I’m not worried about that,” Kyuhyun said.  “I’m glad that you gave Kangin a job though.  He’s the type of person that needs to be busy and to feel important, so this job means more to him than a paycheck.  You’re very kind to let him stay with you too.”

            “I’ve lived alone for too long anyway.  I need some variations in my life—that’s why I stayed so long this time—I feel like my life is dull and something needs to change.”

            “Well, Kangin moving in just might be what’s needed.  You know he likes to enjoy himself.  He’s not a partier anymore and he’s a responsible adult, but he knows how to have a good time.  You might pick up a thing or two.”

            “I might,” Leeteuk lightly laughed.

            “I always thought, years back, that you would have made great friends had you been able to see more of each other.  Now I’ll get to see if my hypothesis was right,” Kyuhyun added, trying to discern from Leeteuk’s looks if there was anything more going on, but his cousin was the most guarded person he knew.  He just continued to pack his bag without hinting at anything going on between him and Kangin.

            Maybe with time, Kyuhyun thought.  In Seoul they’d be alone in the apartment together, so something was more likely to happen there than anywhere else.  Patience wasn’t one of Kyuhyun’s finer qualities and he was thankful that Ryeowook wasn’t the type of person to hold back either or perhaps they’d still be at this stage themselves. 

            “I’m going to miss having you here, Teuk.”

            Leeteuk smiled wide and walked over to his young cousin, bending down to give him a hug.  “I’m going to miss you too.  But I feel better about leaving this time now that you’ve got someone in your life again.  You and Wookie seem like a good fit for one another.  He’s going to make you eat healthy and leave the house occasionally, he’s thoughtful and organized, he cares about you…perhaps some of it will rub off on you.”

            Kyuhyun playfully swat at his cousin and pretended to act wounded.  “Not you too!  You usually don’t resort to teasing me!”

            “Well, I’ve been worried about you for a long time now and I think you’re finally getting better—your heart is starting to heal again—and I’ve been waiting for that a long time.  So excuse me if I feel the need to joke around a bit, it’s to keep me from tearing up over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter