Famous Friends

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            By the time Kyuhyun and Ryeowook reached the apartment building where Shinee had their dorm, Ryeowook couldn’t contain his excitement.  When they were cleared through security, who stared at Kyuhyun in bewilderment, clearly recognizing him, Ryeowook was so excited he was actually skipping on his way to the elevator. 

            “Oh my God, I can’t believe I’m actually going to meet them!”

            Kyuhyun just shook his head.  “You promised to act normal.”

            “I know!  I’m trying!” he said, clasping his hands together in an effort to contain his excitement. 

            When they reached the elevator, Kyuhyun hit the up button and smiled affectionately, watching as a range of emotions washed over his boyfriend: excitement, nervousness, happiness.  At moments like this, it made him proud that he was able to say he was a singer and that he had friends in the music industry.  It wasn’t all bad, after all.  Sometimes he just tended to focus on the negative side to justify leaving it all behind so suddenly.  But he did miss it and there were some parts of it that he yearned to come back for.  But was it enough?

            The door opened and Ryeowook rushed inside.  Kyuhyun followed him in and hit the button for their floor and then turned Ryeowook to face him and wrapped his arms around him, since they were alone in the elevator. 

            “I love you.”

            Ryeowook wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun tight.  “I love you, too.  I promise to behave.”

            “I believe you, but knowing the five of them, I highly doubt the likelihood of good behavior being the norm tonight, just to warn you,” Kyuhyun said, then bending down and kissing Ryeowook.  Ryeowook assumed that he’d keep things brief, as they were in public, but Kyuhyun kissed him thoroughly, ing his tongue into his mouth.  Ryeowook moaned loud and Kyuhyun backed him into the wall and angled his head, deepening the kiss.  It wasn’t until the elevator slowed to a stop that Kyuhyun abruptly released him and stepped away just in time as the doors opened and then grabbed Ryeowook’s wrist to lead him out of the elevator as an older woman stepped on board. 

            When the doors closed, he backed Ryeowook against the wall and kissed him again.   Ryeowook’s head was spinning, wondering why Kyuhyun felt so ually frustrated suddenly or if he felt threatened by the Shinee members they were about to see.  Perhaps Ryeowook had shown too much interest in seeing them.  So he eagerly kissed Kyuhyun back, because he only ever wanted Kyuhyun like this.  After a minute, Kyuhyun seemed to calm down and pulled his lips away from Ryeowook’s, kissing his cheek repeatedly instead.

            “I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun said.  “I don’t know what’s come over me.”

            “You don’t like to share, do you?”

             “Of course not!” he said.  “If I thought I’d have to share you at all, you’d never meet them.”

             “I’m very excited to meet them…but you’re the only one I’m interested in, you know that, right?” Ryeowook told him, hugging him tight.

            “Well, thank God,” Kyuhyun said, laughing to himself.  “I would hate to have to beat the crap out of one of my friends over you, but I would!”

            “You’re safe,” Ryeowook promised, kissing his lips.  “Now quit procrastinating!”

             Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook’s hand and headed down the hall only to find three people standing outside the door to the apartment watching them.  “I heard that, Kyu,” Minho said, his arms folded over his chest, “and I’ll have you know that I’d totally kick your .”

             “The hell you would,” Kyuhyun countered.

            “When pigs fly,” he shot back.

            “You realize that you’ll just have to fight later to figure out who’s right,” Key pointed out.

            “Ooooooh!” Taemin cried.  “Just look at him, Key!  Isn’t he the cutest boy ever!  I bet you he’s the same size as you!”

            “Oh Jesus,” Kyuhyun cursed under his breath as they approached the door.

            “Kyuhyun, introduce us to your new boyfriend!” Key demanded.

            “Wait until we get in the apartment first,” Minho ordered, shooing the others back through the door.  “Sorry Kyu…they were wondering what the hell was taking you two so long.  But so was I, so I thought you got lost or something.”

            Kyuhyun smiled at this and just led Ryeowook into the dorm and they slipped off their shoes before coming in.  Beneath his fingers, he could feel Ryeowook’s pulse racing excitedly as he looked around at the dorm and the members, clearly excited to see them. 

            “Hey Kyuhyun hyung!” Onew called out to him from the kitchen, where he appeared to be putting food together. 

            “Quit with the formalities, Jinki,” Kyuhyun said, waving him off.  “No one needs to call me hyung around here.  I almost never do it myself unless I’m being a smartass.”

            “Fair enough.  I’m just excited to see you popping by to see us for a change,” he said, wiping his hand off on a kitchen towel as he headed out to greet them.  Jonghyun got up from sitting on the couch and watching television as Minho shut the door and they all converged in the living room.  Kyuhyun squeezed Ryeowook’s hand reassuringly, as he looked a little pale suddenly and he wasn’t entirely sure if Ryeowook was breathing anymore, and then began to make introductions.

            “Hey guys, this is my boyfriend, Ryeowook.  He goes by Wookie as well.  Wookie this is Minho, Jonghyun, Taemin, Key, and Onew.”

            Kyuhyun released Ryeowook’s hand as Onew was the closest and immediately held out his hand to greet their new guest.  Key hugged him instead, as did Taemin.  Jonghyun shook his hand and Minho shook his hand and pulled him in to pat him on the back as well. 

            “Key and I just went and picked up some dinner for everyone,” Onew informed them.  “I’m just putting it into some serving dishes and it should be ready to eat in a few minutes, so I hope you’re hungry.”

            Ryeowook nodded eagerly.

            “You know I’m always hungry,” Kyuhyun reminded him.  “Thank you!”

            Jonghyun began to chat with Kyuhyun about what he was up to in town and Ryeowook found himself immediately pulled away by Key and Taemin into one of the bedrooms, the door shut behind them, and sat down on the bed.

            “So you’re the new boyfriend!” Key said, sitting down on the bed with him.  “Oh, we’ve been really curious about you ever since Minho talked to Kyuhyun the other day, but of course he didn’t ask anything about you at all, we were so mad at him!”

            “How did you two meet?” Taemin asked, handing Ryeowook a cold can of soda.

            Ryeowook was in shock.  For a moment, his throat refused to work at all.  He was in the Shinee dorm—with famous people he’d always wanted to see perform live, let alone see in person—and here he was sitting in one of their bedrooms, on one of their beds, and they wanted to hear about him?

            Key smacked Taemin in the arm.  “We’re bombarding him with questions too early.  He doesn’t even know us yet and you expect him just to tell us all about himself?  He doesn’t have any reason to trust us.”

            Taemin thought about this a moment, looking from Key to Ryeowook.  “Key’s afraid of the dark.  He has to have a nightlight.”

            Key kicked Taemin hard.  “I didn’t tell you to tell him all of my secrets!”

            “Wasn’t that the point?” Taemin asked.  “Who else were we supposed to talk about to make him feel comfortable telling us about himself?”

            “Taemin’s biual,” Key informed Ryeowook.  “He and Minho are just buddies.  They’re not really in a relationship.  It’s just a convenience thing.  T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter