Sharing

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***A/N:  About to hit you with a double update within a short period here because I found it easier to write chapter 22 first and then go back to 21 once it was done.  Hope you enjoy and I'd still love to hear comments on both!***

 

            Kyuhyun dodged the kitchen the rest of the morning and afternoon.  There were three good reasons for this.  First of all, he couldn’t cook to save his life and anyone within earshot of the kitchen was being recruited to help out with something, whether it was setting up the dining room or peeling carrots, and Kyuhyun wanted no part in it.   The second was because Ryeowook had asked his new best bud, Sungmin, to help him make dinner and Kyuhyun would rather hang himself than spend half the day in his company.  And third, Changmin and Yunho had finally arrived and, in doing so, gave him the perfect excuse not to help out.

            Instead of playing against Changmin as he usually did, they teamed up to play the war game on the same team, which they managed exceptionally well…but Kyuhyun liked competing against him more.  Kyuhyun won against most people a majority of the time but it meant more to win against someone who played very well.  Still, despite the fact that they were working on trying to promote Yunho’s game, he enjoyed this time.

            “I wish I would have gotten a little sleep last night.  I think my reflexes would be a little quicker,” Kyuhyun admitted.

            “You aren’t going to get any tonight either,” Changmin pointed out as they travelled through an area of the game with limited danger, looking around for ammo and other supplies. 

            “Still getting more sleep than when I toured.”

            “True.”

            “This is going to be even better when you can connect with other players online,” Kyuhyun said, glancing over at Yunho.

            “That’s what will make it most successful,” Yunho agreed, scribbling more notes down on a legal pad as he watched the professional players test out his game.

            “My eyes can’t stay focused,” Kyuhyun said, yawning.  “Yunho, can you call downstairs and ask Wookie for some strong coffee?”

            “Sure,” he said, pulling out his cell phone and calling the house line and making his request. 

 

 

            After a short while, there was a soft knock on the door and Yunho stood up and walked over to the door, since the two players were busy blowing up a village of enemy soldiers.  When he opened the door, he lost his train of thought immediately as he looked at the beautiful woman who was standing outside with the cart. 

            “Wookie sent me up with coffee and snacks,” she explained.

            Kyuhyun paused the game and looked back at the door.  “Ah, thanks dear!”

            Yunho pointed at himself and then to the woman as she rolled the cart in, trying to get one of them to introduce him.  “Boa, this is my good friend, Jong Yunho.  I don’t know if you’ve met him yet,” Changmin obligingly said, waving his hand towards him.  “Yunho, this is Kangin’s sister, Boa.”

            Yunho quickly extended his hand when she turned his way and she shook his hand, smiling sweetly at him.  “Nice to meet you!”

            “And you!” Yunho said, trying to rack his brain to remember who the hell Kangin was.  There were so many people in the house that he’d never met before; he couldn’t keep them all straight.  Was she a relative of Kyuhyun’s or was it possible she was his girlfriend?  Yunho instantly liked her, she seemed so delicate and caring, it seemed impossible she was a relative.  He knew Heechul and Ahra and she seemed nothing like them. 

            “Do you want me to bring you up anything else?” she asked Kyuhyun, who’d gotten up out of his seat and was hovering over the cart, picking out his favorite treats. 

            “Oh, no thanks dear,” he said, wrapping an arm around Boa after shoving a mini cupcake into his mouth.  “Did Wookie say what time we’re having dinner?”

            “Around seven,” she answered, looking up at him.  “Should I check on you in a couple hours?”

            Kyuhyun nodded and pulled her close before releasing her.  “You take such good care of me.  I’m so glad you moved in.”

            Moved in?  Yunho had met her exactly two minutes ago—possibly less—and his heart was already sinking at the idea that she was Kyuhyun’s live-in girlfriend.  He watched as she gave them a slight bow and exited the room.

            “She’s seems very nice,” Yunho said.  “Who did you say she was again?”

            “Boa,” Changmin vaguely answered.

            “Is she your girlfriend, Kyu?” Yunho finally just asked, knowing the boys didn’t seem to register subtle inquiries.

            “Stupid,” Kyuhyun said, smacking Yunho in the back of the head.  “Changmin told you she was Kangin’s sister…and he’s my cousin.”

            “Ah!” Yunho said excitedly.  “She’s your cousin!  Perfect!”

            “He’s in love already,” Changmin explained to Kyuhyun.

            “That was fast…I suppose I’d rather have her date you than Siwon though, so you might want to ask her out fast.”

            “Who’s Siwon?” Yunho asked, starting to panic.

            “My neighbor.”

            “No, no,” Changmin said, shaking his head.  “That isn’t nearly enough information.  His neighbor is Choi Siwon, the famous actor and model, and he happens to fall for all of Kyuhyun’s female relatives.  He’s been hitting on both Ahra and Boa for years.”

            “Choi Siwon?” questioned Yunho, frowning.  “How am I supposed to compete against him?”

            “Well, she hasn’t fallen for him so far, so there’s got to be some hope for you,” Kyuhyun said, continuing to pig out on snacks.  “She’s not very outgoing, so someone like you who sits in front of a computer all day geeking out is just perfect.  Once she’s comfortable around you, she’s rather chatty and funny.  The hardest part is actually getting around her brother.  He’s very protective over her.  Expect a background check.”

            “She’s very pretty,” he sighed.

            “My girlfriend,” Kyuhyun repeated, shaking his head as he brought a plateful of snacks over to his spot on the sofa.

            “He’s gay, by the way.  I thought I told you that once.”

            “You probably did at one point,” he admitted.  “I get accused of being gay all the time myself, so I might have assumed it was a rumor.”

            “They think you’re gay because you never leave the house and all your friends are men.  If you actually spent time with a woman—any woman—people would probably quit thinking that.  You should follow Kyu’s advice and actually ask her out instead of talking about it for months on end like you usually do.”

            “Yeah, yeah.  I get the point, Game over.”

            “Quit calling me that!”

            “Quit lecturing me,” Yunho shot back.  Thankfully, Kyuhyun started the game up again and Changmin was forced to forget about their squabble. 

            The idea of asking Boa out when he barely knew her terrified him.  But at the same time, even if she did live with Kyuhyun, he’d only been to the house a few times and could probably avoid it altogether if she said no and he was too heartbroken to see her again.  What did he really have to lose? 

            Unfortunately, now he was distracted, knowing that she was somewhere in the house and was looking forwar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter