On the Run

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Ryeowook had a hard time falling asleep and was relieved that tomorrow was his day off and he could sleep in.  And although there was still a house full of people to cook for, they wouldn’t be expecting any fancy settings or elaborate recipes today and Ryeowook meant to incorporate some of the leftover food into his dishes.  And perhaps, with life a little bit more back to normal, he could spend a little time with his boyfriend before he left town tomorrow.  Then again, Changmin and Yunho left a little after Ryeowook came downstairs to start making breakfast and he’d yet to see Kyuhyun at all.  Perhaps he’d passed out the minute they left.

            He still made breakfast anyway and skipped bringing any coffee up.  He loaded a cart full of food and brought it upstairs.  He first walked into the game room and found it empty.  He then went to Kyuhyun’s room and knocked on the door.  No answer.  He was probably asleep.  Ryeowook tried the doorknob and it turned.  He opened the door just as Kyuhyun was walking out of his bathroom with nothing on but sweatpants while he wiped his hair with a towel.  There was a long slightly pinkish scar going down from about the bottom of his chest and partly down his abdomen and a couple other much smaller marks.  This is what Kyuhyun was so nervous about showing anyone but from one glance he could tell that although they were noticeable, they weren’t gruesome or deformed him in any way.  In fact, he was fitter than Ryeowook would have imagine, which rather turned him on more.  Kyuhyun stopped short when he realized he wasn’t alone and his eyes shot up to meet Ryeowook’s.

            “Get out!” Kyuhyun suddenly hollered, turning his back to Ryeowook.

            “Kyuhyun, don’t—”

            “I said, out!”

            “Really?” Ryeowook shouted back.  “You’re going to flip out about this?”

            “I never told you that you could just walk in here whenever you wanted!” Kyuhyun continued.

            “I’m your boyfriend,” Ryeowook argued.  “I’m not allowed in your bedroom?  I was bringing your breakfast and you didn’t answer when I knocked.”

            “Then you don’t come in!  You don’t get to enter whenever you want!  I want you to leave!”

            “If this is about the scars then—”

            “Shut up and leave and don’t come back!”

            That hurt, more than he wanted to admit it did.  And he seemed to have no reservations about saying it.  “What do you mean by that?” Ryeowook said, his voice cracking.

            “LEAVE AND DON’T COME BACK!”

            He’d already stayed too long and just bolted down the stairs to the second floor and ran into his room.  What did Kyuhyun mean?  Leave the room?  Leave the house?  Leave him?  He seemed so angry over something Ryeowook considered so small.  It wasn’t worth the reaction that Ryeowook received.  Telling your own boyfriend to leave and not to return…didn’t that mean he didn’t care much to begin with?  Should he leave?

Every time Ryeowook found a new place and people he liked, everything seemed to fall apart somehow.  And he’d been forewarned by the staff about Kyuhyun’s attitude and even about his sensitivity by Sungmin only the day before but he’d never actually encountered it before.  And now he didn’t know what to do.  Was Kyuhyun just momentarily upset or was this moment irrevocable?  And even if all was forgotten tomorrow, did Ryeowook want to stay knowing that Kyuhyun meant to keep some distance between them?  As Sungmin said, it had already been six years.  How much longer did he need?

            Ryeowook changed into jeans and a t-shirt and packed a bag with a few changes of clothes.  None of them even belonged to him but all of his old clothes had disappeared after Yesung and Sungmin took him shopping and he had a strong suspicion that he’d never see them again, so he wouldn’t feel guilty about stealing them.  He left all the uniforms behind.

            Once he had the few other belongings he owned, he took off down the stairs.  He’d at least gotten paid the day before and wouldn’t have to scrounge for money this time just to find a place to stay or a means of getting around.  But where did he plan on going?  He knew so few people in the town and less that he’d trust to go to.  And he couldn’t go to Sungmin while Yesung was there, as much as he liked the obedient butler.  He needed time to think about this alone.  But where to go?

 

           

            “.”

            What had he done?  Kyuhyun pulled on a shirt and changed into jeans, knowing that he wasn’t going to be going to sleep anytime soon and sat down on the bed for a moment.  He was overtired.  He’d had so little sleep in the last few days, he was starting to hallucinate a little, seeing movement in his peripheral vision and then looking to find nothing there.  He hadn’t had it that bad since the days he toured non-stop.  Somehow he still managed to finish his game and he decided to squeeze in a quick shower before turning in but now that was out of the question.  He had to apologize to Ryeowook and hope that his boyfriend felt like forgiving him for being the biggest he’d ever been in his life.

            Kyuhyun quickly pulled on socks and went downstairs to the kitchen where Donghae was looking around in confusion.  “Why is there a bunch of uncooked food sitting around?” Donghae asked, looking for something that was already made.

            “Have you seen Wookie?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “No.”

            Kyuhyun realized his mistake.  Ryeowook would likely go to his room if he were upset.  He headed up to the second floor and knocked on the door.  He waited a moment but there was no response.  He knocked again.

            “Wookie, please open up.  I need to talk to you.”

            When he continued to hear nothing he grew suspicious that he wasn’t there and walked into the room.  That’s when he began to panic.  He’d never actually walked into his room before but when just about every drawer was open and there was a mess of clothes on the bed and not a single personal item—no pictures, no hairbrush—lying around, he knew how bad the situation had become.  Kyuhyun ran back downstairs and headed for the back door, slipping on a pair of tennis shoes and noting that Ryeowook’s were gone along with his jacket.  Kyuhyun grabbed a sweater, knowing it was still chilly in the morning and nearly ran into Kan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter