seven

Dwelled On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Warmth and Hugs

Hye Jung woke up abruptly and she found herself gasping for air. She shot up into a sitting position while breathing heavily with her arms in a stiff position where her joints stick out while shaking a little. Baek Hyun came running in like a racing car, failing to break and crashed into his couch. He stumbled and did a roll onto his back as he winced in pain while in a lying down position, facing the ceiling. Hye Jung had watched the whole scene and she snorted out loud, then proceeded to laugh out loud, rolling on her back. 

Baek Hyun grumbled and got up. He huffed and he took a pillow on his couch and threw it at the girl, he used too much strength and sent Hye Jung knocked down onto the bed once again. The girl stopped laughing, she was facing downwards with a sly smile on her face. Baek Hyun was creeped out by her, she looked like a maniac at that moment. The girl craned her neck to face the boy, giving him a smile before wiping it off and jumping up from under the duvet and shot towards Baek Hyun, making him scream and run out. The two ran downstairs and Hye Jung already had her hands around Baek Hyun's neck. The two were still bickering when the family who was currently watching TV turned to stare at them.

Hye Jung blushed a little, she immediately removed her hands and placed them behind her back. She cleared before bowing down to Baek Hyun's parents. Baek Hyun chuckled beside her, even ruffling her hair, making the girl scowl at him. Mrs. Byun smiled at the two's interaction, she had noticed how Baek Hyun and Hye Jung had been spending more time together. Even Baek Hyun had talked about her various times. Mrs. Byun had never minded Hye Jung coming over, she was such a responsible girl, if only she could transfer some of it to her own younger son. 

Mr. Byun smiled warmly at the girl as she smiled back. Baek Beom smirked at the two. 

"Lovebirds."

"They are at it again. Look, it's Ri Na and Hye Jung again." 

"Hye Jung doesn't look pleased, Ri Na should really learn her boundaries."

Students whispered as they passed by the locker where Hye Jung and Ri Na stood. 

Hye Jung had her arms crossed, not even looking at the girl who was showing off. 

"I saw Baek Hyun the other day at the cafe, he was so excited to see me, he was practically smiling at me." Ri Na said while smirking.

Hye Jung wasn't one who was usually rude, but with Ri Na, she just couldn't stand it. Even some students could see how annoying Ri Na was, since they had experience with her in class. Hye Jung could only hear part of her sentence and she could only catch the words "Baek Hyun", "smiling". Hye Jung smiled a little at the memory of her little bicker with the boy. With a sigh, she ignored Ri Na and slammed her locker shut, making the blabbering girl yelp softly. Hye Jung walked off to class with her books between her arms and her hands in her blazer's pocket. 

Ri Na glared at the girl's back, "Rude." She flipped her hair before sashaying off to her class.

 

Hye Jung sat beside Jong In in Math.

"Hey Genius." Jong In greeted while resting the right side of his cheek on his fist. Hye Jung greeted back with a smile, settling down into her seat. She turned towards Jong In, immediately pulling her head back when she found his face only a few centimetres away from hers. She frowned a little at the close proximity when the boy asked while pointing at the spot beside her ear. "Did you hit something? There's a little cut here." Hye Jung remembered the fight and she rolled her eyes. "More like something hit me, and that would be a flying pillow thrown by Mr. Byun." Jong In raised his brows. "A flying pillow?" 

"Yah, I was at his house 'cause he was sick. I laughed when he fell while running into his room, he got all embarrassed and angry that he got a pillow and just threw it at me. I'm just thankful it wasn't a flower pot or something, he could have murdered me." Hye Jung explained while the boy beside her frowned. "You were at his house?" Hye Jung nodded, then proceeded to chuckle about how she was laughing her off while she rolled around on his bed. That only made Jong In's frown deeper. "You slept on his bed? BED?!" Jong In suddenly shouted out, making the girl jump. "Calm your poor heart. We didn't do anything, okay?" Jong In pouted right infront of the girl, expressing his jealousy of how the girl is closer to Baek Hyun now. The girl only chuckled as she ruffled his hair and proceeded to stand up as the teacher soon came in. The boy, however, was constantly whining about how she slept in Baek Hyun's bed. 

"Jong In, what's wrong? You look so gloomy." Suho asked, being the sort-of leader in their group, he had always been the one taking care of them. Jong In grunted in response and stuffed his face with his ramen. The group shared looks, curious about why the usually cheerful boy was so upset today. 

Hye Jung rolled her eyes. "Get over it, Kim Jong In. I only slept in his bed once." 

The group's eyes widened at her words. "Whose bed?!" They spat in unison. Hye Jung pointed towards Baek Hyun who was now flustered. Sehun kicked him in the shin while Chan Yeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter