ten

Dwelled On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

All Is Well

Hye Jung woke up with a serene grin on her face. She snuggled closer to the comforting body that emitted the heat that was spreading through her nerves. She sniffed in the scent, somewhat, of cinnamon and coffee. Her eyes fluttered open when she heard the voice of her brother go 'Awww!'. She found her brother having a Canon camera in his hands. He smiled cheekily at Hye Jung as he raised his arms in victory. "Wooooo! Picture of Hye Jung and Kai. CHECK!" Tae Hyung ran up to his bedroom. Hye Jung sat up and rubbed her crusty eyes. "Yah Kim Tae Hyung! You better delete that!" 

"HAHAHAH! You can try, dear sister." Tae Hyung shouted he looked down from the railings of the second floor. A 'Shut up.' came from the kitchen as Hye Jung glared at her brother. Tae Hyung smiled back as he skipped back to his room. Hye Jung let out a tiny yelp when she was pulled down by the boy sleeping beside her. The boy was still sound asleep but he had not hesitated to turn Hye Jung into his own bolster. Hye Jung stared blankly at the boy's sleeping face before raising a hand. 

A resounding slap to his face could be heard throughout the house as a loud "OW." followed after. 

 

 

"Yah, Hye Jung-ah. Take a look at my face." Jong In whined as he massaged his forehead, which was a deep shade of pink and red now. The girl's handmark could be seen so clearly and Hye Jung stifled a laugh when she saw it. Hye Jung smacked an ice pack to the boy's forehead as the boy stumbled back from the impact. "You should treat an injured person better and act like a lady more." Jong In complained. 

"My parents' house, our rules. I don't think anyone else is complaining." Hye Jung put a hand to her ear. Looking around for approval. Jong In snorted. "Fine, fine." 

 

"Come on, hurry up." Hye Jung hurried as she kicked a rock towards her brother. Tae Hyung grumbled as he trudged out of the house in their identical navy blue and brown uniform. Hye Jung walked ahead of the tired boy as she saw Baek Hyun sauntering infront of her. She picked up her pace, snickering a little under her palm. She raised her two forefingers and zapped Baek Hyun at the side. The boy jumped and twitched in shock as he placed his arms over his chest. Hye Jung doubled over in laughter at the boy's feminine pose. "Yah, you're worse than me. I'm not even scared of those tickles." Hye Jung declared proudly. 

Baek Hyun narrowed his eyes at her as he dived towards and tickled her. The girl stood firm to the ground without any reaction. 

"Yo, yo. Hands off the lady." Sehun greeted the pair followed by Tae Hyung who passed them and walked ahead. 

Hye Jung waved at Sehun, giving a smirk to Baek Hyun. She muttered a "Weak." before brisking away. Baek Hyun huffed and kicked a rock in his path as Sehun chuckled. "Hyung, you're such a girl. You need to man up. I'm so much more mature even though i'm only 2 months younger than you." Baek Hyun threw him a glare as he walked fast, grumbling about how his friends don't appreciate him. 

 "A hundred percent for Hye Jung. Well done, dear. " Mrs. Baek praised with a smile on her face.  Hye Jung got up from her seat as the class clapped for the girl,  like always. Hye Jung smiled as she set her paper down on her desk. A satisfying 100 in bright red sat on the top of her test paper. "You should help me." Baek Hyun pouted slightly as he flipped through his own paper. He had gotten a 68 but it still wasn't good enough. Hye Jung chuckled, agreeing to help the boy with his results. 

 

 

"We should have a basketball match after school." Baek Hyun suggested. 

"No, let's go to the gym instead." Jong In disagreed. 

 

"Do you guys want to go for another picnic?" Baek Hyun asked.

"Ani, I think a road trip would be better." Jong In cuts in. 

 

"How 'bout we head to the adventure park this Saturday?"

"No, we should go to the-"

A slam of the boy's spoon could be heard before he kicked his chair to one side, then walked away with an angry frown. 

The group remained silent, no dared to move an inch. The only one unaffected was Jong In, who was leaned against his seat comfortably, with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter