four

Dwelled On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Always

"Trifles make perfection,

and perfection

is no trifle."

-Michelangelo

 It was finally the weekend, and Hye Jung could finally have an excuse to not study. Even a genius had to have a break, she was a human afterall.

"Yah, Hye Jung-ah, hurry up! The guys are waiting for us!" Soo Jung reprimanded the girl's slow pace. 

Hye Jung rolled her eyes a little. 

"Please, Soo Jung, you're only acting this way so that you could see your beloved Sehun." 

"Alright, alright, just hurry up!" 

The two bickering girls finally made their way to the bustop as they met the boys there. 

"Good, good morning, you two are 3 minutes late." Jong In said with his arms crossed. Most of the boys were in tank tops and basketball shorts, with the exception of Kyung Soo in his t-shirt and windbreaker. 

"Spare us, Jong In. Miss Hye Jung here wasn't cooperating well." 

Hye Jung expressionlessly looked ahead while not even feeling sorry about making the others wait. 

"Wow, Seoul High's girl sure isn't in a good mood. Oh wait, she's always in a bad mood." Jong In teased as Hye Jung scowled a little. Jong In chuckled before casually slinging an arm over the girl's shoulder. "Let's go!" 

The group got onto the bus as they took seats beside each other. Hye Jung being the last, sat alone as their group was an odd-number of 9. Hye Jung plugged in her earphones and settled down into the seat opposite Baek Hyun's as she made herself comfortable for the 30 minutes bus ride.

 

The bus stopped at the 7th stop as a plump man boarded the bus. With a tap of his card, he scanned the rows of seats before his eyes landed on a certain girl sitting alone. He smirked as he walked through the aisle towards the oblivious girl, he rubbed his nose a little to ease any suspicions, he glanced left and right and once again looked straight to only find the seat beside the girl taken up. He frowned at the sudden change of seats, he grunted before walking past the taken seat and sat alone at the back row.

The girl looked to her right to find herself staring at a neck of a guy. 

"You should be more observant of your surroundings." 

Hye Jung nodded as she smiled a little. 

"Thanks, Jong In." 

Little did they notice a certain male moving back to his seat.

Oh well, guess I was a little too late.

"Wah! We're here! The beach!" Sehun raised his arms in a 'V' shape as he stood still to enjoy the breeze of the sea. Soo Jung chuckled a little. "Come on, let's settle down before having fun." 

The group placed their floormats down and set up the food before Sehun, Soo Jung, Chan Yeol and Jong In went running down into the water. 

Hye Jung set herself down onto the mat as she kicked off her slippers. She closed her eyes for a minute, she was a little tired from the bus ride that made her feel sleepy. "You okay?" She heard a voice asked. She nodded and swatted her hand, indicating for the boy to go and join the rest. Baek Hyun chuckled at the girl's wordless answer as he stripped of his tank top and went to join the rest.

Kyung Soo and Suho had went to sign up for a 1-hour snorkelling session and Hye Jung could have some peace to herself. She continued to have her eyes closed.

This definitely feels great.

She sighed out in comfort as she leant against the trunk of a palm tree. She was about to open her eyes when she heard an obnoxious voice. 

"Kim Hye Jung, how nice to see you here." Hye Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter