twelve

Dwelled On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Party

"Kim. Hye. Jung." Baek Hyun spat out as his fists clenched.  His knuckles turned into a ghostly white as Hye Jung gulped unconsciously.  Her pupils flickered to anywhere but his face. Baek Hyun started to laugh darkly, his eyes were narrowed into slits. Hye Jung gave a little yelp when Baek Hyun grabbed her shoulders and gave her a small smile. 

"What did I say about touching my stuff? Hmm?" Baek Hyun calmly asked,  only making the girl even more scared. Hye Jung let out a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood. "You said that you hated people who touched your stuff without permission..." Hye Jung mumbled. Baek Hyun chuckled. "That's right, so why did you throw my rubik's cube down from the 2nd floor?" 

Hye Jung knew how much Baek Hyun loved his rubik's cube, he was like this cube-nerd. If he wasn't chatting or eating, he would be with his rubik's cube. Hence, payback time came for her busted ankle and she could only think of his precious little cube. She got the help of Chan Yeol, who knew Baek Hyun's locker pin number, she didn't plan for it to fall down two floors. She was just joking. But hey, who could blame her when Baek Hyun came charging at her like a mad bull when he caught sight of her with his cube of love. He came crashing into Hye Jung and they ended up on the floor with sorebutts but the cube was nowhere near Hye Jung's palm. It was very well at the first floor where people were staring at it. Hye Jung chuckled nervously before sprinting away. 

"Uh...it was payback?" Hye Jung explained. "But you were the one who didn't know when to stop running. You practically crashed into me." Baek Hyun rolled his eyes. He sighed and took the cube from the table, where Hye Jung had placed it after she ran down to fetch it. Baek Hyu muttered a 'Whatever' before leaving the classroom. Hye Jung smiled at his back. "Phew, i'm off the hook."

 

 

Hye Jung was back at her comfort place, the library. She flipped the crisp pages of the book she was reading. It was one about werewolves. Hye Jung was always fond of the highly social animal and the books she read when she was 8 was always about wolves. 

"You seem happy now." Baek Hyun chuckled as he watched her. 

Hye Jung nodded absentmindedly as she excitedly flipped to the next page. 

"You were practically scared out of your wits just now, you looked pathe-" Baek Hyun was cut off from his smug speech when Hye Jung swung a finger onto his lips. He jerked back a little in shock as the girl's eyes stared widely at her book. "What's wrong..?" Baek Hyun, shocked ask. 

Don't tell me it's another message from her ex-victim. What was her name again? That's right, it's Jae In. 

Silly me. It's the school hours, she wouldn't be using her phone.

"Damn, they are so good at this!" Hye Jung smiled at the book. Baek Hyun stared at her while blinking, he got up. 

Werewolf freak.

 

 

 

"Hey Baek Hyun!" Ri Na greeted the boy. Baek Hyun gave her a smile in return. Ri Na took a seat beside the boy as she asked. "I heard there's a party this Friday. You going?" 

Baek Hyun nodded. "Mhm. Jong In and Chan Yeol would be there too. Oh, Sehun and Soo Jung too. Hmm, what 'bout Hye Jung though?" Ri Na's nose wrinkled a little in dissatisfaction at the girl's name. "I don't think someone like Hye Jung would go to parties, but that's okay! We can still have fun." Ri Na persuaded with a smile. Baek Hyun nodded again, resuming back to his lunch.

 

[Let's travel forward by 2 days!]

It was Friday. 

The whole school was buzzing about the party at Yook Jae, the school's prankster's, house. 

"You're coming, right?" Soo Jung asked Hye Jung who was sprawled out on the canteen's table. Hye Jung shook her head. "Why would I? You know me Soo Jung, parties aren't my forte." Soo Jung whined. "Come on, just follow me there! Trust me. It's gonna be fun!" Hye Jung shook her head, once again.

 

"I am already compromising Soo Jung, you better allow me to wear that before I change my whole mind about attending that party." Hye Jung growled as Soo Jung backed off her closet. "Fine, fine. That dress would have looked so good on you though." Hye Jung grumbled as she slipped into a black lace dress that ended at her mid-thigh. It was sleeved up till her elbows and she matched it with yellow peep toe pumps. She stumbled a little, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter