one

Dwelled On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 

Introduction

"Have no fear of perfection-you'll never reach it."

-Salvador Dali

 "Hey, uhm, I was just wondering if you would like to sit together for lunch? With my friends as well?" A boy hesitantly asked as he rubbed the back of his neck while in wait for an answer. 

"I'm sorry, but I would be at the library." The girl said as she locked up her locker. She bowed slightly at the boy who was awkwardly reacting to his rejection, before walking off to her next class. 

"She said no?"

"What did she say?" 

"Hey, come on, stop being a mannequin and tell us."

The boy's group of friends mumured as they nudged him for an answer.

"She said no." The boy said while his shoulders sagged from disappointment. 

Well of course, anyone would want to sit with the most beautiful, smart and polite girl in school. Why wouldn't anyone?

 ♦

"Would anyone like to tell me what is the equation of question 4?" Mrs. Ho asked as she wrote the question on the board. 

A hand shot up as she received a nod from the teacher. 

"It would be -x+23xy to the power of 4." She fluently answered as Mrs. Ho gave her a smile.

"Thank you, Hye Jung, that is the correct answer." 

The class was quietly chatting about how Hye Jung was like Einstein, knowing everything from A to Z. 

Hye Jung could only chuckle a little at her classmates' words.

That's impossible, I can never be as smart as Einstein.

 

As soon as the bell rang, students rushed to the canteen immediately. Boys jostled their way to lunch while the girls walked in neat groups. 

"Hye Jung-ah, are you getting lunch?" Soo Jung asked while tilting her head towards the canteen. 

Soo Jung was her closest friend, her best friend, I must say.

They had been friends since young, but they were actually very different in personality. Soo Jung was usually noisy and rowdy, while Hye Jung was always calm and collected. Soo Jung was a drama queen while Hye Jung would choose to be someone backstage. 

But all these differences had never hindered their 13-year long friendship.

Hye Jung shook her head with a slight smile before walking off to the library.

Soo Jung smiled at the girl's back, she knew that her friend never liked noisy places, especially the school's canteen. She then left with her deskmate for lunch.

♦​

Hye Jung stepped into the comforting cool air as she breathed in the familiar smell of the air-conditioner. Students immediately noticed the girl as she took her usual place at the couch at the corner of the library.

She had found it quite disturbing when she first got stares by the students during her first year here. But now that she's in her second, she had gotten too used to it. 

She was absorbed in the contents of her book when she felt the sofa sink a little on her left. She looked up from her book to only find the person she had not really liked since her first day in Seoul High. 

Byun. Baek. Hyun.

"Ayo mayo, what's up...girl." Baek Hyun said hesitantly as he saw the cold expression on the girl's face. He cleared his throat, looking anywhere else but the girl's gaze. "What. Are you doing?" Hye Jung who now had a frown on her face, spat quietly as she crossed her arms.  

"Uhm, reading? Like you?" Baek Hyun said while he flipped open his book on aeroplanes.

Hye Jung saw the title of the book. Little Plane Goes On an Adventure.

Hye Jung burst out laughing as she sank down into the sofa. The librarian shot her a warning look and she bowed slightly while apologising to the other students in the room. 

Baek Hyun stared at the girl in amusement with his mouth half-opened in confusion. 

"Seriously Byun Baek Hyun, where did you even get that book from?" Hye Jung covered with a fist while quietly sniggering. Baek Hyun scowled at her as he finally noticed how stupid he looked with a 5-year-old book. 

"I must have accidentally taken it from my younger brother's shelf..." Baek Hyun muttered as he stood up while combing a hand through his hair. He gave Hye Jung a glare before walking out. Hye Jung whispered a "Annyeong Baek Hyun-sshi!" while giggling softly. 

The people in school knew that Baek Hyun had always been a troublemaker around school. He was always too playful and boisterous and hence, Hye Jung had never really liked his presence. 

But it was always the usual sight to see Hye Jung and Baek Hyun bickering daily. Some students even thought that they looked good as a couple. Why not? They both had good looks, a good body and like th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter