Chapter 2

Cinderella is the Evil Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The new bedroom was about the same size as half of your old house. You were shocked to say the least. You had not expected Paul to be so generous and give you such a large room. I wonder if Jinhwan had a room this big as well?

Your thoughts were cut short when you heard an annoyingly high pitched voice coming from your door way.

“This used to be my room but Dad kicked me out.” Ella said bluntly.

You felt somewhat sorry for her. It was your fault after all.

“But it’s okay. I asked him to build an extension on the house so now I have a new room twice this big. Ha! You must feel so cramped up in here. What a loser!” She laughed.

Welp. There goes any trace of you feeling apologetic.

 

A few hours later you had finally finished unpacking your belongings. It didn’t feel like home at all, but having all of your stuff in here helped you to feel a bit more comfortable. You went to the dinner table and saw that there was spaghetti there. You excitedly sat down.

“Thank you for cooking the food, Paul!” You said brightly.

“Oh! Don’t thank me. Thank the chef, over there!” He informed you. He signalled over to a woman who looked to be in her 40s peeking her head around the corner of the kitchen waving at you, so you waved back.

“The spaghetti isn’t that great. It could have been better.” Ella noted. How rude.

“Actually, everybody. I have something to say.” Paul began, “Recently business has not been to well. In order to build up again, I’ll be flying out to America for a few months in the hope to expand the company.”

From what you knew, he owned a successful hotel chain throughout Asia. You guessed that's how he ended up in such a luxurious house.

“However,” He continued, “Until then the money situation is a bit tight. We will be cutting down from 7 maids to 3 and we will sadly be losing our chef, Margaret.”

‘Tight’? He calls living in a mansion and having three personal staff members ‘tight’?

“Is this some sort of joke?!” Ella yelled.

Oh man. This girl needs to calm down.

 

After dinner you went back into your room. It took a few minutes but you were finally connected to the wifi so you decided to log onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter