Chapter 13

Cinderella is the Evil Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dad, so there is this party tonight. Can I please go?” Ella begged.

“No. You have to come to the dinner. You can’t just go, it’s important to me.” Your step-dad reasoned.

“You don’t understand. Literally everyone is going to be there! I can’t miss out.” Ella cried is desperation.

“Not everyone, darling. Jinhwan and Giselle are attending the dinner with us and neither one of then has complained.

“But I NEED to go! I am so close to making Junhoe my boyfriend, if I have some time tonight it will happen for sure.” She insisted.

“You are not going and that is final.” He said.

Ella let out a grunt and stormed off to her room, just like she always does when she doesn’t get her way.

 

Two hours later we were at the dinner and Ella had been dragged along. We knocked on the door and a middle-aged man opened the door.

“Hello!” Your step-dad said to the man.

“Paul! It’s so nice to have you and your family here.” The man said and he ushered you all inside the entrance way. He had an incredible house. 

 

Your family was lead into the beautiful back garden and sat down at a table.

“Hey, dad. I’m just going to go to the toilet.” Ella excused herself.

“Okay. Please be back soon though. We’re about to have dinner.” He allowed her.

“My name is Tim. This is my wife, Chantelle. I have a son too, Baekhyun.” The man, Tim, introduced, “Actually, Giselle, would you mind finding my son? His bedroom should be on the third floor. You’ll find it somewhere.”

You agreed to do it and walked off. You could hear all the adults chattering in the distance.

“Baekhyun is so lazy. He is almost 23 and still hasn’t moved out of home. As soon as he comes back from work he always locks himself in his room.” Chantelle ranted.

 

You looked around for the bedroom. You opened the first door however it seemed to be a storage room for linen and towels. You opened a second door however nobody was inside it.

Then you heard music coming from one of the rooms and decided to knock in the door.

“Is there someone called Baekhyun in here?” You called out.

“Who is it?” A voice yelled back.

Huh? Why did that voice sound so familiar? 

Rather than answering you just opened the door to reveal a very large room. You couldn’t see anybody however it’s because the room was so large and you assumed he was around the corner.

“I was told to come find you by your dad.” You explained as you walked further into the room.

“Mr. Byun?!” You were shocked.

“What do you mean ‘Mr. Byun’?” He said groggily, presumably because he just woke up.

Only when he had fully turned around did he register what was happening.

“Well…uh…this was unexpected.” He laughed.

“So your name is Baekhyun?” You asked.

“It sure is.”

“It’s so weird seeing you in casual clothing…I thought teachers were permanently stuck in their work clothes.” You joked.

He gestured you to sit down so you sat down on a wheeled chair that was near his desk.

You sat in silence as you were unsure what to say.

“We should probably head down for dinner now.” You suggested.

Mr. Byun- or rather Baekhyun- agreed with you.

 

A while had passed and you had finally finished eating your delicious dinner.

 

“Guys, you wouldn’t have happened to see Ella did you?” Paul asked in a light state of panic.

“Oh god! She went to the bathroom before dinner didn’t she? I forgot about her.” Your mum said.

“She’s been in the bloody toilet for three hours now. I’ll go looking for her- I hope she’s okay.” Paul decided.

It would take a while to search through the house as it was quite large, however it only took fifteen minutes for him to return.

“I can’t find her anywhere.” He said as he rubbed his head, “Where has she disappeared to?”

He pulled out his phone and rang her however did not receive a response. He tried calling four more times and still did not get an answer. He tried again and on his sixth attempt he finally had his call accepted.

He had the phone on speaker phone and you could hear booming music playing through the other line.
“Who is it?” Ella’s high pitched voice drunkenly sang through the other line of the phone.

“Ella? It’s your dad. Where are you?” Paul said frustratedly.

“Huh? Oh my god…Dad!” She panicked, “I’m just in the bathroom, I swear. This family is so weird, they have suuuuuuper loud music in here.”

“Don’t lie to me, Ella. You’re at that stupid party, aren’t you?” He questioned.

She stayed silent.

“I am so done with this behaviour. You can’t just keep sneaking out like this. I’m coming to pick you up right now. Where are you?” Paul said almost yelling by that stage.

“No, don’t pick me up? Do you have any idea how embarrassing that would be for me? I have a reputation to keep up! I can’t just have my family walk in and pick me up early from a party.” Ella complained.

“Well you should have thought of that before you snuck out.” He reminded her just before he hung up the call.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter