Chapter 9

Cinderella is the Evil Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were all gathered in the gymnasium. As the body heat radiating off others I began to sweat and waved my hands around as a make-shift fan. Hormonal teenagers giggled as they looked around the room for a partner.

You grimaced as you saw Junhoe and Ella paired up together on the other side of the room. You saw Jinhwan signal across the room for Hyori to join him so she happily followed. That left Hannah next to you who was called out to by Donghyuk.

You were isolated and didn’t know who to go with. Jinhwan’s friends all seemed to have partners, so they were out of the picture. Except for- oh god.

“GISELLLLLLLLLLE!” Jiwon cried out and ran over. “May I take this dance, m’lady?” He said with a bow.

“Fine.” You crossed your arms over your chest in frustration.

He grabbed you from behind and pushed you forward until you were in the centre where the rest of the grade was. 

Mr. Byun and Miss. Smith stood in front of the cohort and asked for everyone’s attention.

“We are far beyond those childish dances you may have learned in the past,” Miss. Smith informed, “This time the dances will require a lot more coordination and rhythm. We will start off with a simple waltz.”

 

Jiwon pulled you by the hand and you were in between Chanwoo and the one you were trying so hard to forget, Junhoe. The music began and Jiwon led you closer to him. He lifted your hands so one was on his shoulder while the other remained in his. His second hand went to your waist.

“At least you have some initiative, you idiot.” You harshly said.

“I’m smarter than I look.” He bragged.

You doubted it.

 

As you danced together you did not put much effort in. You were in a grumpy mood due to Ella’s obnoxious giggles being heard every few seconds.

Mr. Byun approached you and Jiwon.

“Bobby, you’re doing it wrong.” He said firmly, “Here. Let me show you how to do it.”

Mr. Byun filled his spot and proceeded to dance with me.

“What the hell! That’s exactly what I was doing!” Jiwon insisted.

“You weren’t strong enough in leading her.” Mr. Byun instructed.

“I was doing fine. She was just choosing not to follow!” He said trying to frame you. 

“She is in such an irritable mood just because she doesn’t get to dance with…” Jiwon stopped himself with a cough.

“With who?” Mr. Byun pressed.

“Her little crush.” He teased and poked your arms.

“And who might that be?” Mr. Byun further questioned.

“That’s none of your business! You are a tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter