Chapter 11

Cinderella is the Evil Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One thing that you hated about your new school was your timetable. You had picked drama as a reserve subject thinking there was no way you would end up doing it, yet there it was on your timetable as a scheduled class. So there you were, in a drama class. And since luck was not on your side the teacher picked you, of all people, to play the leading female role in the play since there were no volunteers.

You stood on the stage and looked through the first page of the script. 

“Are we sure there are no volunteers for the male lead? Nobody wants it? When I was in school people would jump at the chance to play the lead role!” Mr. Kim, or ‘Jonghyun’ as he asked the class to call him, said.

There was a silence and you looked around the room.

“I’ll do it.” Junhoe volunteered. He made eye contact with you as he pushed himself off the floor and began to walk up to the stage.

“Good! Thank you!” Mr. Kim applauded him.

 

He designated the rest of the roles while you and Junhoe read through the script. Well, you didn’t really read the script. Your eyes were subconsciously drifting over to look at Junhoe. You suddenly heard him splutter.

“Dude, are you okay?” You nervously asked him.

“Yeah, well, I just read- never mind.” He stuttered. 

 

You were almost at the end of the play. It was your typical high school romantic comedy. Girl falls in love with the school’s most popular sport star, tries desperately to get him to notice her and eventually he does. They end up as neighbours and well…I’m sure you can figure out the rest. It was a bore up until that point and you hadn’t found anything about it to particularly stand out.

Junhoe started to read aloud his character’s confession to yours. His eyes deeply stared at yours and you froze on the spot. Although not actually directed at you, it felt as though it was and your heart was racing. Then, Junhoe paused.

“Uh, Sir, sorry,” He began, “But am I supposed to do this next bit?”

In confusion you looked at the script and your eyes widened once you saw. Was it about to happen?

“Well, would it be in the script if you weren’t supposed to do it?” Jonghyun asked.

“No…but…isn’t it a bit…” He stuttered just like he had before. And then it clicked in your mind that when he had his little coughing fit earlier he had actually seen this.

“Haven’t you ever done stage kissing before? This can’t be the first time?” The teacher questioned.

You violently shook your head and suddenly felt very shy. 

This can’t happen like this, not with people watching.

Your face must have made you look like a nervous wreck. Junhoe looked at you and laughed.

“Don’t worry, Giselle. I have it figured out. I won’t actually kiss you.” He consoled me. 

“Okay kids, get back to work. Start from the beginning of the scene again.” Jonghyun directed.

 

The extreme butterflies emerged again as the dialogue of the scene finished. Junhoe wrapped his hands around your back and pulled you in a bit closer.

“I promise you, I won’t do anything you won’t be comfortable with.” He whispered. 

As he leaned in closer he started to raise one of his hands and put it on your cheek with his thumb covering your lips.

 

And then when he leant in, although only slightly, his thumb was slightly out of place.

 

And there was definite contact of your lips against his. 

 

 

By some miracle you had not passed out yet. You barely held yourself together. But then something happened.

He slid his thumb out of the way and without a question he had definitely just kissed you.

And you definitely felt it when he smirked against your lips.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter