Chapter 3

Cinderella is the Evil Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up totally unprepared for the day ahead of you. After showering you looked at the disgusting uniform placed before yourself.There was a ridiculously short grey skirt paired with a white shirt. You were to wear these ugly grey knee high sock that were incredibly itchy. There was no way that you would be able to tolerate this every day. You had new school shoes that weren’t yet broken in which only added to the discomfort. 

 

You walked out the door with Jinhwan so you could catch the bus together. You almost escaped unnoticed but then you heard a voice call after you.

“Kids, aren’t you going to school in the car with Ella?” Paul generously asked.

“As if I am letting those poor children inside the car with me!” Ella spurted as she pushed her way past the front door.

“It’s okay,” Jinhwan said calmly, “We were going to catch the bus anyway.”

“Okay then…whatever suits you.” He responded. “I guess you can do so for today, but if you change your mind just let me know!”

 

The bus was relatively empty. Jinhwan sat one row in front and so he turned around to face you.

“So are you ready for school?” He questioned.

You answered with an outright ‘nope’. The bus came to a halt and a group of boys jumped on. You couldn’t see them however you could hear them talking excitedly behind you.

 

“Dude, I’m so happy you are finally coming to our school! It always felt lonely without you!” One boy said far too loudly. 

You angrily snapped my read around and as you adjusted your vision you had to pinch yourself to check if you could see what you thought you saw. The boys were clearly all wearing the same uniform as you and there was one boy in particular that grabbed your eye and you had to quickly turn back around.

Oh god…

Your breathing sped up and you started to feel queasy. Partially from nerves given that you may have to speak to him again. But mostly because of how in love you were with the idea of getting to spend most of your day in the same place as him with the possibility of bumping into him. You had always admired him from afar. His stupid personality. His stupid hair. His stupid eyebrows. His stupid… who are you kidding? You were head over heels in love with the damn boy. 

 

The packed hallways were filled with chattering teenagers all catching up with one another about how their school break went. You didn’t bother tuning in to any of it as you were set on navigating your way through the school to find your classroom. Unfortunately, you only had one class with Jinhwan. 

You eventually found the room and it was mostly empty. You took a seat next to a window that looked out on a courtyard and garden area below. You could see a whole group of girls circled around one girl and they all seemed to be listening intently to their ‘leader’. You tried to get a glimpse at the girl’s face and what you saw came as no surprise.

Ella. Of course it was. Of course she has her little posse that all look up to her. Of course she is worshipped by everyone. Of course she was the one all the guys were after.

You just had no clue what anybody saw in her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter