Chapter 12

Cinderella is the Evil Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you not remember anything from the dance practice last week?” Jiwon grumbled at you.

“No. Thanks to a stupid boy leaving me alone with a certain someone I was particularly distracted.” You said.

“There are so many dances you need to learn! They aren’t that hard. You are a painfully awkward person.” He, for some reason, felt the urge to say aloud.

“Gee, thanks. You really know how to make a girl feel better about herself.” You sarcastically responded.

“Gigi! I forgot! I have some gossip for you!” Jiwon started excitedly, “Koo Junhoe told me that he actually pulled his thumb away on purpose and that he wanted to kiss you.”

“Stop lying to me.” You said and gave his chest a small punch.

“I’m being serious! He told me himself, why would I lie to you?” Jiwon tried to defend himself.

“Because you enjoy crushing my little heart and ruining my life, that’s why.” You reminded him.

“That is true. But I swear on my dead hermit crab’s life that what I’m telling you is real.” He said, “No offence, but before I thought you were a hopeless loser that had no chance with him. But now…I think if we plan carefully then this could potentially work.”

“‘If we plan carefully’ ? Jiwon, this is not a team effort. It does not involve you.” You reminded him.

“Um, you would have not become any closer with Junhoe over the last two weeks if not for my pure genius intervening and doing something. So, actually, yes it is a team effort.” He scoffed.

You harshly stomped his foot and he cried out in pain.

“Whoops. I promise it was an accident.” You lied.

 

For some reason as you danced with Jiwon it felt relaxing and it was as though you were supposed to always be in his arms. As long as he didn’t open his stupid mouth, he was actually nice to be around as he was concentrated on not leading you into other people. 

His hands tightly gripped around your back and his pointer finger gently drew patterns on your back. The slow movements made you feel sleepy so you closed your eyes and halted your movements. You just needed some peace for a moments as you had barely been sleeping recently due to overwhelming amounts of homework. All was well until you felt something wet drag up your cheek, You gasped in disbelief.

“Jiwon! You better not have just my face!” You screamed as you wiped off the saliva with your palm.

“I totally did.” He said. 

You were disgusted and walked away and into the bathroom to properly wash your face. You cleaned your face with soapy water. There was a bench in the bathroom so you sat down and decided to scroll through your twitter feed. Then you heard footsteps and a person sat down next to you. You looked up to see who it was and then groaned at his stupidity.

“Get out now! You’re going to get in trouble. You shouldn’t be in the girls’ toilets.” You reminded him.

“Since when did I look like I care?” He mischievously questioned, “You were taking way too long in here so I had to come get you out! I looked like a weird loner!” 

“Seriously Jiwon! What if people see us walk out together and start to…assume things? I don’t want that to happen.” You said firmly.

“Let them think what they want. Don’t let them bother you because you know it isn’t true. Besides, I wouldn’t mind if people thought we were friends with benefits anyway. It would be a total score for me.” Jiwon joked.

“Not funny. Being associated with me ruins your reputation. Now go away.” You said, however he refused to budge. 

So you took initiative and rushed out of the doors and left him behind.

But he quickly followed and as he caught up to you he linked your arms with his. You shrugged him off and stared straight ahead as you walked. 

He pulled you to a spot that you hadn’t been at before.

“Dammit Jiwon.” You said as you realised he had purposefully lead the two of you to be next to Junhoe.

He kept a straight face as his eyes looked between you and Junhoe. He then noticed Junhoe looking at you from the corner of his eye so Jiwon then strategically leaned in to your ear.

His breath tickled your ear and you became squeamish so Jiwon held you in place.

“Make him jealous.” He whispered.

“How?” You replied.

Jiwon then wrapped his hand around the back of your neck and pulled your head down so you were resting on his shoulder.

“Bite my earlobe.” He demanded.

“Ew, no! How would that make him jealous?” You questioned.

“Trust me- he has this weird thing for it.” He insisted, “Just do it.”

You leaned your head up however just as you were about to you burst out laughing.

“This is ridiculous.” You whispered as you giggled.

“He’s looking again. Keep laughing.” He said softly.

You finally gave in to his ‘plan’.

“Oh, Jiwon! You are so funny!” You said loudly enough to make sure Junhoe heard.

 

You carried on dancing, quite poorly in your opinion, however then Jiwon made things worse and forcefully pushed you to the side. Which resulted in you slamming into-

“Ouch! Watch where you throw your partner, Jiwon. You hurt me and probably Giselle too.” Junhoe complained and then he pushed you back into Jiwon.

“Hey! You just pushed her back to me! She is probably even more hurt now. Say sorry to her!” Jiwon said back to him and then threw you back stumbling into Junhoe’s direction. 

“I’m sorry, Giselle. It must be hard to dance when your partner is an idiot.” Junhoe said sarcastically and then his hands grabbed your arms and- big surprise- spun you around to Jiwon.

“Boys, what’s going on here?” Mr. Byun interrupted.

“Well, someone threw Giselle into me and now keeps pushing her back over to me!” Junhoe informed.

You rubbed your shoulder as they were in pain from all of this bouncing between people.

“I don’t even think it hurt her that much!” Jiwon argued, “She bumped into me and I didn’t think it was that bad.”

“Dude, it hurts!” You clarified as you still tried to massage the pain away.

“Mr. Byun. Tell me if you think it hurts.” Jiwon said and then, due to stupidity, pushed me right into Mr. Byun.

 

 

 

And then we toppled over.

 

 

 

The two of you crashed onto the floor.

“Eep!” You squealed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter