Chapter 47

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Times like these are reality checks. An awakening to how little power I have in the scheme of things. A realization of how the world will never ever stop for anyone or anything. These thoughts run through my mind as I lie here on my bed staring at the sun’s rays fighting to get past my curtains. Ms Pink is behind me. I can feel her. I can sense her. I close my eyes again and inhale to exhale. I really, really don’t want morning to come.

Fingers creep up my waist and across my ribs. I stiffen, tensing from the touch that evokes an entire range of emotions within me. Hands wrap around me, grazing my s and my breath hitches. From behind, Ms Pink presses against my back, enveloping me in her scent, her presence.

“I will miss this,” she says. The huskiness of her voice creates tidal waves in my heart. Who am I kidding? It’s the words her husky voice delivers. She will miss this. She will miss me.

“I’m already missing you.”

“Turn around.”

I obey and find myself staring into eyes so pink they are almost another colour. They arrest me and for a long time, all we do is stare at each other.

“M—Tiffany, this isn’t what you want, right?” I ask softly, breaking the silence between us.

“This isn’t about what you and I want.”

“I just want to know. Tell me. How do you really feel? Do you want this?”

Ms Pink’s eyes never don’t leave mine as she takes a moment to answer, “No.”

“Did Miras convince you to do it?”

“It is not only Miras.”

“Who else?”

“It is not important.”

I pout, idly scratching my nails over Ms Pink’s collarbone. Ms Pink and the secrets of the supernatural will always be a mystery to me. My nails scrap a path down to the crest of Ms Pink’s chest and my eyes follow. Her body is such a work of art. I love every inch of it. I love every inch of what is inside as well. “My feelings won’t change,” I whisper.

“There is no guarantee in life. Only death. And sometimes even death fails to guarantee itself.”

“I don’t need a guarantee. I know how my feelings came about. I know why I like you. These reasons will not change.”

“There is no point in saying all these now.”

I shake my head. “I want you to know that even though I am going through with this, I’m only doing it because I know you have to. It’s like a mini reset but a reset is not going to change my feelings. I want to tell you this before you do whatever it is you have to do.”

Ms Pink grabs my face and kisses me hard. My heart pumps, a ball of heat forms inside and I am all fired up when she pulls away. “Sit up,” she commands.

We face each other, and I admire Ms Pink’s body as she renders herself completely .

“After this,” says Ms Pink as she holds my gaze, “we will not see each other. We will not speak to each other. We will lead separate lives.”

I nod. I am ready to begin proving myself to Ms Pink. To the Federation. Ms Pink sits me on her lap in a way that has me straddling her. Only then does it occur to me that I have no idea how she is going to expel my blood from her system.

“What do I have to do?”

“Close your eyes.”

With reluctance, I shut out my vision of Ms Pink. In the darkness, I feel her on my lips. I hear a little moan and squeeze my eyes to prevent them from opening. Ms Pink tilts my head back and my mouth falls open.

“.”

I close my lips instinctively and . The taste of iron strikes me at once and I know what I am drinking. I am taking my blood back. And it hurts. “Ms Pink,” I gasp and open my eyes. Her face is contorted in pain. In fact, so much pain is written across her features that I forget all about mine. “Ms Pink.” I watch in horror as my vampire princess pales and leans on me. “What’s wrong?”

“I won’t die.”

“You’re not allowed to die,” I say, dangerously close to tears.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter