Chapter 20

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heaps of appreciation due to @chicohwang & @soshijjang_ss from Twitter for these very pink Ms Pinks!
(The one with pink hair also reminds me of Seju lol)

“Aieee!”

“What is it.”

“The water’s too cold.”

“Stupid human. You don’t know what cold is.”

I clutch at the towel that Ms Pink wrapped around my thigh and try not to squeak when more icy cold water runs down my torso in rivulets. But a few squeals escape and Ms Pink makes sounds of disapproval as she gives my a smarting spank.

“Be quiet. And keep your leg up.”

I press my lips tight and adjust my leg so that it sits comfortably on the counter as I balance on the other foot. It is a rather embarrassing position to be in but Ms Pink won’t hear anything I have to say about it.

It is a difficult experience. The bath, I mean. Or more specifically, Ms Pink bathing me. For one, it is difficult to say no to anything she does. It is also difficult to maintain a poker face while Ms Pink moves around me, wearing nothing more than her lingerie. (I can now attest to the fact that her skin is flawless.) It is even more difficult to keep still while she rubs bath gel all over me. But she does the job efficiently, without getting my bandage wet. As expected of a vampire like her, I suppose.

Then, comes the rinsing part. I’m not sure if it’s appropriate to talk about the kind of feelings that emerge as she rinses me clean of suds. Let’s just say she does a thorough job and this is the closest I’ve ever come to understanding how a dog might feel when its owner is giving it a bath. At least I get to dry myself up in the end.

To her credit, she’s got really good massaging techniques. The way she kneaded and rubbed my head, neck and shoulders while washing my hair was nothing short of heavenly. So, the talents of Ms Pink are seemingly boundless. Just what I need to hold my chin high in front of her . . .

She carries me to my bed after I dry myself and puts me under the covers. But I push myself up and make to get out of bed.

“What is it now.”

“I can’t sleep with you in bed with me.”

Ms Pink’s shoulders heave as she mutters something under her breath. “I’m not sleeping in your bed.” She pushes me back under the covers and tucks me in. “Sleep, now.”

I don’t want to risk another spank so I close my eyes and turn onto my side. “Goodnight, Ms Pink.”

“Goodnight, Taeyeon.”

X

I’m not sure what to feel as I sit beside her in the pink limousine this morning. Yes, limousine. The long car that comes with a chauffeur. It’s pink on the outside, pink on the inside and I wouldn’t be surprised if the engines are pink too. Ms Pink isn’t talking, so I look out the window at the people passing by. It’s surreal to think I’m physically so close to these people yet eons apart in reality. They are blissfully ignorant, going about their nice and ordinary chores while I’m here in this limousine with a princess vampire heading towards the unsettling unknown.

“If anything happens later, don’t hesitate. Just run.”

I look at my leg doubtfully. “But my leg—”

“You will run.”

“Okay, I will run.” I sneak a peek at Ms Pink. She’s looking out the window on the other side but it feels as though she’s looking at the other side of the world and it unsettles me. “Will something happen?”

“The Sovereign is not to be trusted. They are selfish and will not hesitate to betray anyone but themselves.”

“So why are we meeting the Sovereign if it’s so dangerous?”

“Some of them are on our side.”

“Our side? What’s our side?”

“The side that believes in peace and compromise.”

“Okay, which means the other side doesn’t?”

Ms Pink nods. “You’re not stupid for once.”

“If they don’t believe in peace and compromise, what do they believe in?”

“They want supremacy. They want power.”

“For vampires?”

“For dark magic. Vampires included.”

“What about Gerant?” I ask, remembering the giant beast from my first visit.

“He wants peace.”

“So he’s on our side.”

Ms Pink shakes her head. “We wouldn’t know.”

“Huh? But you said he wants peace.”

“Peace lovers generally do not want to fight. If there is a struggle for power, some will choose to hide.”

It sounds like Ms Pink’s experience in life is talking. And she must be right. She’s lived through plenty of tumultuous times and seen it all, while I have only a couple decades of existence to talk about.

We pull into Ms Pink’s residence and I follow her up to her helipad. My leg is feeling much better after a good night’s sleep, thanks to the green goo. Ms Pink re-applied the goo and changed the bandage this morning so my leg is doing really well right now but a part of me isn’t sure I can run at full speed if I have to.

Ms Pink’s helicopter is sitting pretty when we reach the helipad and she hoists me up onto the passenger seat. Memories of her collapse fill my mind as I fasten the harness. No, please. No collapses this time. But if it has to happen, I’d rather it be me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter