Chapter 16

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turns out I don’t get a chance to ask Seo about Yuri at all. A bunch of phone calls come in a flurry and Seo is marching in and out of Ms Pink’s office with a solemn expression the entire time. At this point, I really wish I could go home but it doesn’t seem like a good time to ask.

“Ms Pink, there are three. The number is confirmed.”

Ms Pink frowns and folds her arms. “Three. Similar timing. Different locations.”

“Yes. And far apart. It is too spread out to have been done by just one.”

Ms Pink’s chair twirls around and all I can see is the high back of her chair as she says, “It’s three different vampires. But they’re acting under the same mastermind. The mastermind wants us to know this. It’s a statement.”

“My thoughts exactly, Ms Pink. What do you propose we do next?”

“Only one of them is in my jurisdiction. I will visit the scene. Get in touch with the other pinks. We will trade reports.”

“Yes, Ms Pink. Right away.”

The entire exchange is the most I have ever seen them speak in one single conversation. But I end up with more questions than ever. Three vampires? What did they do? Who is the mastermind? What does the mastermind want Ms Pink to know? It must be something bad because Ms Pink looks angry. Maybe one of the vampires did something bad in her territory? I’m sure she’ll be able to solve the problem though. Ms Pink is capable enough. But what intrigues me the most is the mention of other pinks. I have been assuming that Ms Pink is the only pink vampire but she asked Seo to get in touch with the other pinks. How many more pinks are out there?

Ms Pink puts her pink leather coat on and flips her hair. It’s hard to believe she’s a ferocious vampire when she does things like that. But she pulls two guns out from a drawer and I’m back to believing she is not to be trifled with. Not when her guns are pink too. Geez.

“Stay here with Seo. I’ll be gone for a while. And you’d better be in something pink when I’m back.”

“Yes, Ms Pink.”

Ms Pink’s hand is on the button that opens the metal shutters to her car when she stills. “Good girl,” she says.

A burst of pride and happiness swells in my heart. Ms Pink praised me! I wave to her, smiling like a stupid human, as she gets into her car. The shutters close and I turn back to my readings for next week’s classes. I’ll finish my readings before getting something pink to wear. There’s plenty of time and Seo should be busy right now anyway.

X

I could not have been more wrong. My head is buried (figuratively) in my readings when she returns but it might as well be buried—literally. Apparently, it takes Ms Pink lesser time to drive to the ‘scene’, check it and drive back here than it takes me to finish my reading and I have to learn this the hard way.

“You’re not in pink.”

I gulp nothing. “I was just going to get changed.”

“Don’t insult my intelligence.”

This has gone from bad to worse. I need to save myself from another spanking.Quick. Think of something. Anything. “Oh my gosh,” I gasp and point at the hem of Ms Pink’s coat. “I-Is that blood?”

Ms Pink looks down at her coat and frowns. “Seo.”

Said woman (or vampire rather) appears at the door in an instant. “Yes, Ms Pink?”

Ms Pink shrugs off her coat and hands it to Seo. “This needs cleaning. I will need a new coat and something pink for the human.”

“Right on it, Ms Pink.”

Meanwhile, I’m contemplating making a run for it since the door is open. If I could just get to the elevator, I’m sure I stand a chance to get out before Ms Pink can—who am I kidding? It’s probably a better strategy to keep Ms Pink distracted.

“Whose blood is it?”

“The victim’s blood.”

“Who’s the victim?”

“A human.”

My eyes widen at the news. “Why would you need to visit a murder scene? Are you the police or something?”

“I am a princess of the Pink. Any non-human kill that happens under my jurisdiction is my business.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter