Chapter 39

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not daring to make any sudden movements, I stand as still as possible. Meanwhile, my eyes are darting all over the place, searching for an escape. It snarls, baring its fangs. I flex my knees and brace myself for its attack. It pushes forward and leaps. I dodge, twisting away with my hands outstretched to push it away. With a shout, I hit the side of its neck and it falls to my left with a whine. That’s the chance I need.

Run.

Out of the room and into the hallway, I sprint like my life depends on it. But barely five steps later, I’m slammed to the floor by a force from behind. Sharp fangs puncture my arm.

I’m so dead. Ms Pink, I’m sorry. I’ve failed you.

A shrill whistle rings in the air. Another pair of fangs press against my shoulder but they don’t pierce through my skin.

“What have we here.”

It’s all I can do to hold in my whimpers of pain. Dusty grey leather shoes stop before my eyes and tap on the floor.

The voice I hear sounds surprised when it says, “You’re Princess Pan Ni’s claim.”

I can only grunt.

“What are you doing here and what did you do to my brother.”

“Stop right there. Nobody moves.” Another voice joins the party. A female voice that I find familiar. “Step aside, Praneos.” More footsteps follow.

“What’s going on?”

“You will find out soon enough. Call off your vanguard.”

Seo. It’s Seo! I look up to confirm the fact. Yes, it’s her! But she’s not alone. Black vested, gun-bearing men and women stand behind her. Are they here to rescue us?

“I’m not doing anything till you show me who you are.”

Seo s her black leather jacket revealing a black tank top and pulls it down to reveal an emblem burned into the skin where her heart lies underneath. Silence ensues but another shrill whistle rings a moment later and the fangs leave me. I’m relieved but my arm throbs in greater pain as I try to move my arm.

“Don’t move, Kim Taeyeon.”

“You don’t know what she has done.” Praneos points an accusing finger at me. “She killed my brother!”

“We will handle the situation accordingly.” Seo turns to me and squats with eyes wide open to meet mine. “Tell me what happened.”

“I don’t know.” Everything is a blur in my head. “I don’t know what happened but he was unconscious when I ran away.”

“Where is he?”

Praneos steps forward. “I have my vanguards guarding him.”

Seo rises. “Bring us to him. Our doctors will see to him.”

“This way.”

At a nod of Seo’s head, four of the black vested men and a woman with a black briefcase follow Praneos. “Tend to her,” she instructs another woman with a briefcase and I lie still while the woman treats my vanguard bite. The sting of the cool liquid that hits my wounds remind me of the time Ms Pink the venom out of my thigh. Two vanguard bites, a whip and tons of spanks. How my life has changed since I met Ms Pink. Boy, am I tired. I think I’ll just close my eyes for while. Seo’s here so Ms Pink will be safe. But do I know that? Nobody knows where Ms Pink is. I have to tell Seo, but I’m not sure who these people she came with are. The black vests they don are lined with a blood red trim and I spotted a black and red emblem of a pair of horns and what looks like a cookie on their left sleeve. On second thought, it’s probably the moon, but the point is, I don’t know if they can be trusted. I don’t even know if I can trust Seo at this point. What if she’s not loyal to Ms Pink? Would I be putting Ms Pink in danger?

I don’t know how long my eyes have been closed but I must have fallen asleep because I am awakened by a gentle shake and pats. Panic hits me as I sit up. Oh no! How long have I lost consciousness for? Is Ms Pink okay?

“Taeyeon, keep still.” Seo is looking at me with gentle eyes, a far cry from the flashing green eyes she had used on Praneos. But even then, I’m not entirely sure I can trust her. Not until I find out more.

“Who are those people in black?”

“They are from the Federation.”

“The Sovereign?”

“No, the Federation is not the Sovereign. It’s the overarching body that governs both the Sovereign and Parliament.”

I’m confused now. “Parliament?”

“The Parliament is the human version of the Sovereign.”

“Oh . . .”

“Taeyeon, do you know where Ms Pink is?”

I look into Seo’s eyes, trying to decide but in that moment I know that I have little choice in the matter. “I do.”

“Is she still alive?”

I choke back a sob. “I d-don’t know.” A strain runs up my nose as I bring myself to report the dire truth. “Praneso shot her.”

Seo’s eyes flash deep green and she grabs my hand. “Where is she now?”

The panic in Seo’s eyes reflects her loyalty and makes my mind up for me. “She’s in the freezer chest, in a grey room down from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter