Chapter 35

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Massive thanks to @allforchaerin for doing up such a lovely poster for FSOP 

X

I’m feeling better the next day after a good night’s sleep. Or rather, a tumble in bed followed by sleep. Ms Pink had wined and dined me before spending half the night in the pink room having her way with me. I took a few liberties too, which Ms Pink had the grace to allow, and I learnt a few things about Ms Pink as I explored and experimented.

And now, in the light of a new day, waking up with Ms Pink staring at me with soft pink eyes, I find a strange emotion knocking on the door of my heart. It pulls and tugs like a baby who wants attention. It’s a new feeling and quite frankly, it scares me a little. I mean, I’m not as stupid a human as Ms Pink says I am. I may be new to this sleeping-with-someone thing but I know what the next development usually is. Unfortunately, things aren’t as straightforward when Ms Pink is in the picture.

For starters, being with Ms Pink takes the meaning of ‘complicated’ to a whole new level. A dark new level. Vampire. Complication level one. Princess. Complication level two. Dominant (or supremely spoilt brat, however you choose to see it). Complication level three. Revenge. Complication level to the power of infinity.

“Good morning,” I say, unnerved by Ms Pink’s silent appraisal.

“Good night,” she says and closes her eyes.

More confusion. Am I allowed to get up from bed? Hold on. Why am I even asking for permission to get up from bed? Has being Ms Pink’s claim for a couple of weeks turned me into an obedient human who needs her claimer’s approval for everything she does? Of course not. I am my own woman.

Moving to the bathroom, I catch myself in the full length mirror in there. Thoroughly kissed lips. Mussed up hair. Red marks down the neck. Marks disappearing into the line of the chemise. A bite mark on the inside of one thigh. I take in the sight as a shiver rips through me. I look—grown up. It’s not the evident marks of that give me that aura however. It’s the look in my eyes. I’ve never been able to look at myself this openly before. Something has changed. Someone has changed me.

I turn away from the mirror towards the sink. A new set of toiletries has been laid out for me, which is thoughtful of Ms Pink to provide. Ms Pink. What an enigma. Her actions confuse me. I stare at myself in the mirror after washing my face. This is the face of a clueless human who doesn’t know what she’s doing. The face of a human who is spending inordinate amounts of time with a princess vampire who seems to care, yet not care for her. A human who has no idea how to use the power she possesses. No idea who Praeson is. No idea why Praeson would betray Ms Pink’s father. No idea why Ms Pink’s father was dealing with a vampire in the first place.

The sound of the door crashing open shocks me into dropping my toothbrush. I whip around just in time to see a mini-version of Gerant stomping into the room. With a ferocious growl, it leaps and I stare in horror as Ms Pink is about to gored by its horns. A second mini-Gerant comes crashing in as I dash out of the bathroom and it turns for me. A shrill scream rings out. It takes me a second to realize that it was me. But I don’t have time to do anything else other than dodge and scramble away.

I hear Ms Pink’s enraged holler and a whine as the mini-Gerant pins me to the floor with its horns threatening to pierce my throat. “M-Ms Pink,” I gasp, trying to push the beast away from me. My weakness is evident as the beast doesn’t budge a single inch no matter how much strength I use. A fist flies past my eyes and meets the horns with a crushing sound. Another whine.

Then, a deep voice says, “Pan Ni, Pan Ni. It’s unbecoming of a princess to use your fists on a poor, innocent yenew.”

Yenew? Poor and innocent? Is he mad. That yenew almost killed me!

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a tall man with grey hair by the door. Dressed in a dark grey Victorian-styled tailcoat tuxedo with his gelled hair swept from front to back, he reminds me of a gentleman at a ball. However, his blazing red eyes make it clear that waltzing and socializing is the last thing on his mind. Ms Pink sits me up and stands, shielding me.

“It is also unbecoming of a gentleman to intrude on a lady’s private quarters especially when the ladies are in their chemises,” she says, her tone haughty like the princess that she is.

The man laughs as more yenews appear behind him. I have to suppress a gasp as they rise on their hind feet and morph into big, beefy hairy men with dark brown tousled hair. “As much as I would like for this to be a pleasure call, I’m afraid it’s not. Business first, as usual.”

“Did you harm my guards.” Ms Pink’s tone is hard and unforgiving.

The man shakes his head. “Tsk, tsk. Tranquilized. It is insulting that you would even ask this question. You, of all supernatural, should know that we do not believe in excessive bloodshed.”

“The Sovereign will know about this.”

A sickening smile breaks out across the man’s face. “How will they know?”

“I will report your actions.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter