Chapter 25

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the day is spent moping around the house like a useless vagabond. The sky falls into darkness and I’m seated on the couch in the living room with the lights off when Sunny returns.

“Oh my God. Taeyeon! What are you doing in the dark like that?”

“I’m sorry,” I apologize as Sunny turns on the lights.

“You look terrible.” Sunny sits beside me, looking worried. “Are you sick or hurt?”

“I’m fine.”

“Fine people don’t sit around in the dark.” Sunny looks closely at me. “Something’s on your mind.” She pauses, then asks, “Where’s the girl you were with today? Who is she? Did she do something to do? Did she hurt you?”

I shake my head. “No. She’s just someone from school. She left shortly after you did.”

“Mmm. Is it school then? Your assignments?”

“I’m behind on a few things but it’s nothing I can’t handle.”

Sunny snaps her fingers. “It’s Tiffany Pink, isn’t it. She’s the reason for this pathetic state you’re in.”

I sigh. “She’s complicated.”

“She is Tiffany Pink. That’s to be expected. But is she treating you right?”

I think of all the things she’s done to me, for me. “She’s nice to me. She’s protective.”

“Oh, protective . . .” Sunny waggles her eyebrows at me. “I know what you mean. She breathes down your neck into everything you do and makes you feel caged, like all your freedom has been shackled up, wings chopped off.”

“Er . . .”

“You don’t have to defend her. I know her type. They’re rich and powerful and possessive.”

I have to give Sunny props for being spot on about that. Rich, powerful and possessive. Bingo. That’s Ms Pink in a nutshell. “How did you know?”

Sunny laughs a little. “Taeyeon honey, how many people have I dated since you’ve known me?”

“Ten? Twenty?”

Sunny shakes her head with a knowing grin. “Try thirty.”

“Thirty? No way.”

“When I say date, I don’t mean we’re in a relationship, you know.” Sunny shrugs when my jaw drops. “Anyway, my point is I’ve seen many types of people on dates and Tiffany Pink’s category is a common one.”

Common? Ms Pink is anything but common. “I guess . . .”

“But does she like you?” Sunny leans forward. “And I mean really like, as inlike.”

It’s my turn to shrug. “I don’t think so.”

“Well, whatever you do, make sure you don’t get played. The Tiffany Pink type knows how high her market value is. She knows how much in demand she is. But you. Don’t let her play you.”

“I don’t think she’s out to play me.”

“You never know.”

“I’ll be careful.”

Sunny nods and gives me a hug. “Come to me if you need any help. Even if it’s for something really little, okay?”

“Okay.” I remain on the couch while Sunny heads to her bathroom for a shower. Talking to Sunny about Ms Pink is such a tricky thing to do. I mean, the fact that Ms Pink is really a princess vampire totally changes the equation and balance of things but I can’t possibly tell Sunny that. Which means I’m on my own. I have to sort it out on my own.

X

With the problem of my relationship with Ms Pink weighing on my mind, I lie in my bed at night and close my eyes. Do I submit and say yes or do I defy her and say no? Am I expecting too much from a vampire princess? Will I regret if I continue to say no? My thoughts are a mess and they start mixing with one another, not making any sense any more . . .

Kim Taeyeon.

A pair of doll-like eyes of pink appears before me. From her silky tresses to her pert little nose and blood red lips, beauty is all around. She looks young, but for some reason, I get the feeling that she isn’t.

Who are you?

Helene.

The name jolts me. Helene is Ms Pink’s vicist! This woman is Ms Pink’s vicist!

You are the one . . .

What does she see in you.

What do you m-mean?

Even in your dreams, you stammer. Useless.

I am indignant. Her accusation is not true. I’m not useless.

You’re right. Her eyes open wide and unlike Ms Pink’s beautiful pink eyes, hers make me feel like I’m all alone in this world. You can’t be useless if you are the reason why my darling Pan Ni would come to me for help. What value do you possess that makes you so precious to her?

I’m precious to her? Something swells in my throat.

You pathetic being. You’re not worthy of her time and effort.

I am! I’m worthy. I’m—

What. Her eyes narrow into slits and I’m reminded of an evil snake. What are you.

I’m a vampire bait.

I know that. What else are you.

I’m just a bait.

You’re lying!

Helene’s eyes begin to glow pink and red and green, stronger and stronger and opens to release an ear-piercing screech. I shrink back in horror as she grows taller and looms over me like a sickening balloon that won’t stop inflating and my back is up against a wall that wasn’t there before and I’m trapped and I have nowhere to run and she’s coming at me with her wild, crazy eyes of pink, red and green and her hands are turning into claws and her teeth are razor sharp and there are wicked lines of blank creeping across her face—oh my God, she’s a he now and he’s coming straight for me, his jaws open wide to devour me—

“Taeyeon!”

“Ahh!” I scream and backpedal from the clutches of whatever is holding me.

“It’s me! Sunny! It’s only me. You’re safe. It was only a dream, Taeyeon.”

“It was a dream?” I’m still having trouble breathing and my head hurts a little; it felt so real to me.

“You were sleeping and scream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter