Chapter 31

Fifty Shades of Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One tiny step later, I’m back at school and stuck in another boring lecture. Well, the content is interesting enough, but the lecturer could make the most exciting boxing match sound dull with his monotonous voice. How ironic that a professor lecturing on the art of curves would have so little of them in his speech.

The fact that I’m here is a little mystifying. I would have thought Ms Pink would keep me under lock and key after all the attempts made to either kill or kidnap me. But Ms Pink’s train of thought is lost to me. So here I am, under her insistence that my daily life is not to be disrupted by the intrusion of supernatural.

On that note, I realize that there’s a loophole in Ms Pink’s plan. Because I might have promised to attend my classes, but I didn’t promise to stop my mind from wandering out—to Ms Pink.

Ms Pink? Where are you?

There is no reply. So I try again.

Does your wound still hurt? Ms Pink!

Pay attention.

Ms Pink’s reply is stern and commanding but it makes me smile. Classic Ms Pink.

My phone buzzes, drawing me out of my thoughts and I check it. It’s a text from Max.

Ice cream later?

For some reason, ice cream no longer entices me. Or rather, it no longer makes me say yes as quickly. Not with Ms Pink injured and resting.

I can’t. Got stuff to do.

That stuff can wait.

It can’t. We’ll do ice cream next time ok.

I guess :(

X

Max ambushes me as I walk out of the lecture theatre.

“Max! What are you doing here?”

“I was just passing by so I thought I’d chance it.”

“Max, I’m in no mood for ice cream and I mean it.”

“You don’t look too good today. Are you alright?”

“I’m feeling a little under the weather.”

Max puts his arm around me. “I could bring you to the doctor’s.”

“I just need some rest, is all.”

“Okay, if you say so.”

“Thanks, Max.”

“Call me if you need anything, okay?”

“I will.”

X

The first thing I do once Max leaves is send an e-mail. Frankly, I don’t quite understand Ms Pink’s preference for e-mails when we have things like text messaging. With a whole range of messaging apps, Ms Pink could have her pick, but she prefers good ol’ e-mails. I have a sneaking suspicion it’s her ‘age’ showing. Something to do with being stuck in a time when an older style of communication—letters—existed.

Anyhow, it’s a debate for another day so I whip out my phone and type out an e-mail.

To: [email protected]

Subject: Scratch

Dear Ms Pink,

Has your scratch gotten better? I would like to see you.

Yours,
Taeyeon Kim

Ever-as-efficient Ms Pink replies in a matter of seconds.

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Scratch

Dear Taeyeon,

My scratch has gotten much better. Mimea is effective as usual. Why do you want to see me?

Tiffany Pink
Princess CEO
PINK Inc.

Ms Pink really isn’t very bright, is she.

To: [email protected]

Subject: Scratch

Dear Ms Pink,

I want to see you because I’m worried about you.

Yours,
Taeyeon Kim

Ms Pink must have typed with her super vampire speed because it doesn’t even take her a second to reply.

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Scratch

Dear Taeyeon,

Come to PINK. Executive Secretary Seo will meet you at the lobby and bring you up to me.

Tiffany Pink
Princess CEO
PINK Inc.

I have many bones to pick about Ms Pink’s workaholism especially when she’s still hurt, but first, I’ve got to get to PINK.

X

The great big rocks of pink look as impressive as I first saw them weeks ago but this time, I’m not as uncertain about myself. Seo is waiting for me at the lobby when I arrive and the receptionist eyes me with curiosity. Who is this girl who is getting such special treatment from Ms Pink’s most trusted right and left hand woman, she must be wondering.

“Is Ms Pink really feeling better today?” I ask Seo as soon as we are in the safety of the elevator.

Seo looks as solemn as ever as she replies, “Ms Pink is very strong. A scratch will not bother her.”

You’re saying that because you weren’t there when Ms Pink groaned in pain. You weren’t there when she reacted to the ‘scratch’. And why are you and Ms Pink calling it a scratch when it’s a severe injury akin to being mauled by a lion or tiger?

If I say it’s a scratch, it’s a scratch.

Ms Pink, you scared me. Please give me a warning before you do that in future.

BOO!

I jump from the shock and Seo looks at me as though I’ve lost my mind. Ms Pink!

Are you raising your voice at me?

No, of course not. But you scared me, Ms Pink.

Stupid human. Hurry up and get here.

I can’t help but smile when Ms Pink says that. It sounds like she misses me. Does she?

X

Maybe not.

Ms Pink doesn’t look at me when I enter her office. Seo takes a few files from her table and exits with them, leaving us alone. Ms Pink doesn’t even look at me then. I stand, awkward, by the door, unsure of what I should do, so I clear my throat. “Ms Pink.”

“Why do you say my name.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter