I was too late

What? Marry you?

 

 

On the way to the cafe, Woohyun called her secretary to arrange the money transaction to Jiyoon's account. He's wondering why she insisted on the money. She married me also because she said she needed the money. Is she sick? She's an orphan, her parents died when she was young. So why she needed the money so badly? Woohyun asked himself while driving. After thinking about Jiyoon, his mind side-tracked a bit thinking about a person that he's going to see in a few minutes. He hasn't seen her for a while. They broke up 3 years ago, she left him for another man. They went to the US together. He was severely heart broken. He loved her so much back then. He actually still have feelings left for her.

 

He pushed the cafe door and his eyes automatically focused on the young y woman sitting on the corner of the cafe. It's Hyuna. Still gorgeous, y and cute since the last time he saw her. This was the woman, he wanted to marry.

 

“Oppa.. it's been a while..”, said Hyuna in a low tone voice. She came back for a reason. She wanted him back. The reason she left him in the beginning was stupid. Now, she needed to explain to him carefully about the 'real' reason she left so that he can accept her back.

 

“Yes..How are you Hyuna ah? Been good?”, asked Woohyun flashing a smile. He looked at her. She's still beautiful. He wondered if she's been doing good without him since the past 3 years. For him, the first 1 and half year was a living hell. He dreamt about her every night.

 

“yea oppa.. I eat well, study well and healthy like this”, Hyuna tried to break the awkwardness, she gestured that she's been working out with dumbbells. Woohyun took a sip of his coffee with his left hand and then Hyuna saw something.

 

“Oppa....are you seeing someone?”, Hyuna asked Woohyun with nervousness. Please say no, oppa.

 

“ohh.. this ring? I'm not seeing someone.. I am.. i'm already married Hyuna ah..”, replied Woohyun. Slightly disappointed when he said that. He didn't want to hurt her.

 

“what...? hah.. hah.. that's good oppa.. congratulations!”, she tried to laugh at the same time, she felt really embarrassed. Why did she ever come back. He's married! “Was it an arrange marriage or you've been dating for a while?”, added Hyuna. She really needs to know because it's probably an arrange marriage anyway so she might have a chance.

 

“I've been dating her for a while..”, replied Woohyun short.

 

“Do you love her?”, she didn't know how did the question slipped from .

 

“I...”, he felt his phone vibrating in the pocket. It was Jiyoon calling.

“hello? Yes Jiyoon ah..”

“Woohyun shi.. i'm sorry to bother you. But have you transferred the money?”

“yes, my secretary already did. Is that why you called me?”

“ohh thank you so much! er.. another thing.. I might come home late today, i'm going back to my hometown, Ok?

“Araso, do whatever you like. Bye.” Woohyun ended the phone call.

 

Jiyoon? Do whatever you like? He sure loves her. Hyuna thought to herself. “Was that the lucky girl oppa?”, she asked Woohyun.

 

“ohh.. Jiyoon, Jeon Jiyoon. I'll introduce her to you some other day okay?”, replied Woohyun. He's then thinking about Jiyoon. What she's going to do with the money? She's going back to her hometown? Erm....

 

Looking at Woohyun who seemed not interested in the meeting anymore, “Oppa, I think you better get back to your work, i'm sure you're very busy. I'll meet your parents later oppa, I missed them”, said Hyuna.

 

“Ohh araso.. take care Hyuna ah.. do you have your own car to get home?”, asked Woohyun as he's getting ready to leave.

 

“Yes, oppa. You take care too. Send my regards to your girl, Jiyoon...”, replied Hyuna. She watched him until the sight of him disappeared.

 

“I didn't get to tell him the truth. I was too late...”, Hyuna mumbled as she reached for a sip of coffee to relax herself.